Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans309Fan
    replied
    The last AFC Central division was the Titans, Jaguars, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, and Steelers.

Splitting this division up was the toughest, especially since the Texans wanted to be a part of it too. The Bengals, Browns, and Steelers were definitely going to be in the North, so the NFL owners had to figure out who team #4 would be. The Ravens won out since they were the originally the Browns.

The owners just weren't going to split up the Dolphins from the East (same problem with Dallas in the NFC), so Indy was forced to go to the South, along with the Titans, Jags, and Texans. The Titans and Texans owner's (as well as the Raven's and Ram's owners) were not allowed to vote as part of their deals for expansion/moving.

I have always seen the Titans as the linchpin to the AFC South. The Titans have ties with the Texans since that is their original city. They have been big rivals with the Jags since their existence, and Peyton Manning has big ties to Tennessee.

Leave a comment:

• Broncomania96
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    Sorry to say but everyone knew who you were even after you changed your name.
    Technically not everyone

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=87795

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncomania96
    When i first came here i trolled. I created this username to seem like a bronco fan so no one would know my last one. Then when i started posting here regulary i got the packers avatar because i am a packers fan, but didnt want to change my username because i like it.

I posted the thread just so you would know better how stupid i was then

First post here
    Sorry to say but everyone knew who you were even after you changed your name.

Leave a comment:

• bjoli198
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    They wanted to keep some of the traditional rivalries within the divisions. They chose to move Seattle to the NFC, even though they were much more 'west' than KC. Kansas City was one of the original AFC Franchises that built the league. They had to stay in the AFC. Seattle was the one with the less tradition in the division.

You can't break up Cleveland -Pitt-Baltimore (Cleveland b).... RIVALRIES is what puts butts in the seats.

You can't break up the NFC East with Dallas, Giants, Washington...those are HUGE Rivalries! The Dallas vs Washington game is STILL one they look for to predict the presidential election!

Then you are talking about moving the Miami-Bills-Jets matchups??

Thats why things were left as much as they could together. Keeping the BIG and oldest rivalries together and continued so that these teams continue to play each other twice a year.
    there would be new rivalries after a few years

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    They wanted to keep some of the traditional rivalries within the divisions. They chose to move Seattle to the NFC, even though they were much more 'west' than KC. Kansas City was one of the original AFC Franchises that built the league. They had to stay in the AFC. Seattle was the one with the less tradition in the division.

You can't break up Cleveland -Pitt-Baltimore (Cleveland b).... RIVALRIES is what puts butts in the seats.

You can't break up the NFC East with Dallas, Giants, Washington...those are HUGE Rivalries! The Dallas vs Washington game is STILL one they look for to predict the presidential election!

Thats why things were left as much as they could together. Keeping the BIG and oldest rivalries together and continued so that these teams continue to play each other twice a year.

No, you can't Break up the Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Cincinnatti rivalry.

But you can break the Baltimore one. It's no rivalry. It's an upstart team created to replace the departed Baltimore Colts (The Indianapolis Colts). Let Baltimore have their rivalry with the Colts. That's how it should be. The BIG rivalries should stay together. Cleveland-Pittburgh, Pittsburgh-Cinci, Cleveland-Cinci. Baltimore-Indianapolis

Since you state that Seattle didn't have much of a rivalry in the AFC West how about Baltimore in the AFC North? Since 1996. That isn't tradition. That is something new.

How about the Jets-Colts - since Namath beat them

And you assertion that it puts "butts" in the seats in the AFC North is ludicrous. The Browns have never had a problem losing fans. The Browns annually sell out their stadium.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 07-11-2007, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncomania96
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    OK, good that explains a lot.

BTW, the fool that posted that:

Denver has Back To Back Super Bowls and the Packers don't - well he is sadly mistaken.

The Packers won the first TWO Super Bowls. I would say that winning The AFL-NFL Championship Game (SBI) and Super Bowl II are back to back...
    Ya but that was pretty fun though,

I still like the idea that i posted before though

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    When i first came here i trolled. I created this username to seem like a bronco fan so no one would know my last one. Then when i started posting here regulary i got the packers avatar because i am a packers fan, but didnt want to change my username because i like it.

First post here
    OK, good that explains a lot.

BTW, the fool that posted that:

Denver has Back To Back Super Bowls and the Packers don't - well he is sadly mistaken.

The Packers won the first TWO Super Bowls. I would say that winning The AFL-NFL Championship Game (SBI) and Super Bowl II are back to back...

Leave a comment:

• Broncomania96
    replied
    Umm ... no

Browns stay in the AFC North with Bengals and Steelers that's tradition.

I'm sure even you as a .... never mind. What are you?

I see Broncomania - so a Bronco fan.

Yet you have a Packer helmet and it says ... GO PACKERS.

Those are mixed signals....

First post here

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Or move the Bills and Browns to the NFC North, and switch them with the Bears and Vikings. I think that may work
    Umm ... no

Browns stay in the AFC North with Bengals and Steelers that's tradition.

I'm sure even you as a .... never mind. What are you?

I see Broncomania - so a Bronco fan.

Yet you have a Packer helmet and it says ... GO PACKERS.

Those are mixed signals....

Leave a comment:

• Broncomania96
    replied
    Or move the Bills and Browns to the NFC North, and switch them with the Bears and Vikings. I think that may work

Leave a comment:

• DawgFanatic
    replied
    Disagree with your AFC North.

Colts and Ravens should be in the same division.

Move them to East (Reuniting Colts with old division rival Jets) and moving the Bills to the AFC North.
    that would be a dream right there

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Disagree with your AFC North.

Colts and Ravens should be in the same division.

Move them to East (Reuniting Colts with old division rival Jets) and moving the Bills to the AFC North.

Leave a comment:

• bjoli198
    started a topic Divisions in NFL

Divisions in NFL

I don´t get why the divisions are what they are in the NFL

AFC
    East

Bills
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Jets

West
    Broncos
    Chargers
    Chiefs
    Raiders

South
    Jaguars
    Colts
    Titans
    Texans

North
    Ravens
    Bengals
    Browns
    Steelers

NFC
    East
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Eagles
    Redskins

West
    Rams
    Cardinals
    49ers
    seahawks

South
    Falcons
    Saints
    Buccaneers
    Panthers

North
    Bears
    Lions
    Packers
    Vikings

A look at the US map shows:
    AFC East: all teams accept Dolphins are in the northeast, so My idea would be to change it to
    Bills
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Jets

AFC West: it accually works kind of good, all teans are in the western parts of US
    Broncos
    Chargers
    Chiefs
    Raiders

AFC South: Well... there are lots of teams in AFC that are south of indianapolis, but Miami is far south of them so they move here
    Jaguars
    Dolphins
    Titans
    Texans

AFC North: Well... Afc North could work as it is, but since i moved Ravens to East, I´ll have to move Colts to North
    Colts
    Bengals
    Browns
    Steelers

NFC East: Dallas isn´t exatly eastcoast of the US, So they´ll have to move away from the east
    Panthers
    Giants
    Eagles
    Redskins

NFC West: We will stick with the NFC west even though we could move both the vikings and the cowboys here
    Rams
    Cardinals
    49ers
    seahawks

NFC South: Dallas is quite south, and are in the NFC, so I´ll put them here
    Falcons
    Saints
    Buccaneers
    Cowboys

NFC North: I accually like the NFC north, real close between the teams
    Bears
    Lions