Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife of Ex-NFL Player Guilty of Rape

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    I find it disgusting that people laugh and joke that he "enjoyed" it. Rape is rape. Period. There is no "pleasure" in rape for the victim. This woman has taken advantage of a child for her own sexual gratification.
    This is not rape in the technical sense of the word. To use it as such is nonsense.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by LDB
      This is not rape in the technical sense of the word. To use it as such is nonsense.
      Rape is taking advantage of a person for your own sexual gratification.

      The victim is 15 years old.

      The offender is 51 years old.

      If the offender is a legal adult then it is the sexual exploitation of a child.

      To be a legal adult you must be 18 (and in some places 17) in order to be charged with the sexual exploitation of a child. The offender has taken advantage of a child and so it is the sexual exploitation of a child. It is rape. She should be locked away for a decade or more - just like any other sexual predator.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

      The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by LDB
        This is not rape in the technical sense of the word. To use it as such is nonsense.
        How is it not rape?

        Because it's a guy?

        Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, raped, rap·ing.

        –noun
        1. the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
        2. any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
        3. statutory rape*
        4. an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.

        5. Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

        –verb (used with object) 6. to force to have sexual intercourse.
        7. to plunder (a place); despoil.
        8. to seize, take, or carry off by force.

        –verb (used without object)
        9. to commit rape.


        *statutory rape -noun
        sexual intercourse with a person (girl or boy) who has not reached the age of consent (even if both parties participate willingly)
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




        formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

        I have been adopted by Chris Wade

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Kapaibro
          How is it not rape?

          Because it's a guy?

          Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, raped, rap·ing.

          –noun
          1. the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
          2. any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
          3. statutory rape*
          4. an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.

          5. Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

          –verb (used with object) 6. to force to have sexual intercourse.
          7. to plunder (a place); despoil.
          8. to seize, take, or carry off by force.

          –verb (used without object)
          9. to commit rape.


          *statutory rape -noun
          sexual intercourse with a person (girl or boy) who has not reached the age of consent (even if both parties participate willingly)
          Obviously it is statutory rape. Which is why I used the phrase..."not rape in the technical sense of the word." That being violent and traumatizing...ie. #s 1, 2, and 4 of the definition.

          Nothing anyone can say will convince me that the boy was forced against his will to do this. Nor will it convince me that he was traumatized by the event.
          The woman is irresponsible. She broke the law and should have to deal with the consequences. But let's not go overboard here.

          And, yes, the victim being a boy does make a difference in my mind. Yes, there is a double standard.
          Last edited by LDB; 07-19-2007, 08:57 AM.
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by LDB
            Obviously it is statutory rape. Which is why I used the phrase..."not rape in the technical sense of the word." That being violent and traumatizing...ie. #s 1, 2, and 4 of the definition.

            Nothing anyone can say will convince me that the boy was forced against his will to do this. Nor will it convince me that he was traumatized by the event.
            The woman is irresponsible. She broke the law and should have to deal with the consequences. But let's not go overboard here.

            And, yes, the victim being a boy does make a difference in my mind. Yes, there is a double standard.
            i totally agree...

            i just cant see this event haunting or mentally scarring the teenager...

            no harm was done...

            both parties probably had fun...

            laws are laws, but its there is no equality mumbo jumbo required here...

            hell, when i was 13 one of my friends mother was smoking hot and a bunch of us boys would have lost a finger to sleep with her...

            :2cents:

            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...
            X