Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update:Senator Bryd wants Vick execucted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update:Senator Bryd wants Vick execucted!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...,00.html?=vick

Do you think this is pushing it too far, or do you agree?

It is definitely an overreaction. I doubt he would have reacted that way if Vick did something as mundane as assault somebody. I guess it's because animal cruelty is so taboo. Is it wrong? Yes. Is it worse than some of the things PacMan Jones and Chris Henry did? I don't think so.
    Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 07-20-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<
      It is definitely an overreaction. I doubt he would have reacted that way if Vick did something as mundane as assault somebody. I guess it's because animal cruelty is so taboo. Is it wrong? Yes. Is it worse than some of the things PacMan Jones and Chris Henry did? I don't think so.
      Actually it is way worse than what PacMan and Chris did, Did they take the lives of multiple animals. Which are living things they have feelings and souls.But i think Mike should be put in jail for about 3-5 years.

Comment

jeebus cripes, don't kill the guy. there are many, many other perfectly suitable forms of punishment. like making him work monday nights with john madden. then i guarentee he'd wish they would've killed him.
        Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Ironic comments coming from a former KKK member.

I could care less about what Robert Byrd has to say considering his racist past, and the fact that the KKK has killed how many people, yet he thinks someone killing dogs is deserving of the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
            i think the man should have his day in court. and just because he is a superstar he should not have any pleas that they wouldnt normally give. The death penalty is a little out of line though. Obviously the man was a member of the Klan at one time but he was voted in...So i dont get your agenda? Should we not take him seriously becuase at one point he was a member of the klan? or that what he says is a tad bit whacked.
            How can you argue with me on that point? What is it you don't get? Robert Byrd is a former KKK member. There's no disputing that. Which means he hates Blacks (despite what he might say now for political gain), and has been a member of a "society" that kills blacks or harms them. So for Robert Byrd to wish the death penalty on someone for killing dogs seems a bit hypocritical to me because god knows what he's done or witnessed in his past. That, and it's probably racially driven, considering Vick's ethnicity.

So with that being said, should we take Byrd seriously? I'm not gonna tell you what to think or what to take seriously, but I think we might all be able to figure out on our own that this is a ridiculous and ironic statement for him to make.

Can you believe that a KKK member would want to see Vick executed? It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the color of his skin. So I think the real agenda we need to question here is Byrd's, not mine.

Comment

I say fry his ass and throw his worthless brother in there to boot. Freakin thugs.....
              The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglebronco
                I say fry his ass and throw his worthless brother in there to boot. Freakin thugs.....
                Good God............. :brick:

Comment

Originally posted by eaglebronco
                  i was thinking turds but thugs will do too
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                    How can you argue with me on that point? What is it you don't get? Robert Byrd is a former KKK member. There's no disputing that. Which means he hates Blacks (despite what he might say now for political gain), and has been a member of a "society" that kills blacks or harms them. So for Robert Byrd to wish the death penalty on someone for killing dogs seems a bit hypocritical to me because god knows what he's done or witnessed in his past. That, and it's probably racially driven, considering Vick's ethnicity.

So with that being said, should we take Byrd seriously? I'm not gonna tell you what to think or what to take seriously, but I think we might all be able to figure out on our own that this is a ridiculous and ironic statement for him to make.

Can you believe that a KKK member would want to see Vick executed? It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the color of his skin. So I think the real agenda we need to question here is Byrd's, not mine.
                    just to chap your hide i am gonna send a letter of thanks to him
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                      just to chap your hide i am gonna send a letter of thanks to him
                      Why are you making this personal? Do you really support a KKK member's death wish for an african american?

Comment

Ironic comments coming from a former KKK member.

I could care less about what Robert Byrd has to say considering his racist past, and the fact that the KKK has killed how many people, yet he thinks someone killing dogs is deserving of the death penalty.
                        You're right, what Vick allegedly did pales in comparison to what KKK members have done to human beings, both to whom they attack, and to the young minds they infect.

Comment

Why are you making this personal? Do you really support a KKK member's death wish for an african american?
                          well let's get real honest here-it's obvious what side you're on. anything anti-vick so far's been argued against by you. looks like you're taking things personally, too.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                          Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk
                            well let's get real honest here-it's obvious what side you're on. anything anti-vick so far's been argued against by you. looks like you're taking things personally, too.
                            How could I not take it personally? I've been getting called out for the better part of 3 days now, plenty by this guy. There's a difference between taking things personal and making things personal.

As far as making things personal, go look at the other threads about Vick and see who started making things personal. Yes, I'm a Vick fan, on the field. Yes, I think it's absolutely ridiculous, ironic, and hypocritical that a KKK member wants Vick to be "executed."

Do I think Vick should be punished if found guilty? Yes, I've said that countless times, yet people seem to be ignoring that. Do I think he should get the death penalty? Absolutely not, worse things have happened, and anyone who thinks he should be killed needs to seriously re-prioritize their list of crime severity.

Imagine your team losing their best player, a #1 overall draft pick, one who's insanely talented. How far back would that set them? I don't want them to suck, which is why I'm so vocal about this.

Comment

How could I not take it personally? I've been getting called out for the better part of 3 days now, plenty by this guy. There's a difference between taking things personal and making things personal.

As far as making things personal, go look at the other threads about Vick and see who started making things personal. Yes, I'm a Vick fan, on the field. Yes, I think it's absolutely ridiculous, ironic, and hypocritical that a KKK member wants Vick to be "executed."

Do I think Vick should be punished if found guilty? Yes, I've said that countless times, yet people seem to be ignoring that. Do I think he should get the death penalty? Absolutely not, worse things have happened, and anyone who thinks he should be killed needs to seriously re-prioritize their list of crime severity.

Imagine your team losing their best player, a #1 overall draft pick, one who's insanely talented. How far back would that set them? I don't want them to suck, which is why I'm so vocal about this.
                              no, you just picked one side and won't let go on it. it's ok to agree with someone on the other side once in awhile. in the main vick thread you basically came in and took the "answer for everything" stance. anything even remotely not pro-vick you just take up stance against it. even in the peta topic. you just tried to discredit peta, even though while it may be true, was irrelevant to the topic and concept. it didn't matter if what you said about them was true-they made a good point about this. but you wouldn't even acknowledge it, because it was anti-vick.

just be real and objective, it's obvious you're not. i'm not trying to flame or argue for fun, i'm just saying the obvious.
                              Last edited by NinjaPirateFunk; 07-21-2007, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X