X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady Quinn autograph fiasco

I thought this was pretty interesting.

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/13731744/detail.html

Isn't that a bit much? I can see like 10-20 bucks but wow.
    sigpic

That's horse crap.
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
      That's horse crap.
      hmmmmmmm

nvm

yea, thats quite a bit right there, if anybody does buy that stuff he better be working his azz off.
      sigpic

Comment

What a premadonna. That really, really pisses me off. Watch the guy flop.

What's sad is he's charging that much for AN AUTOGRAPH...HIS SIGNATURE ON A PIECE OF PAPER and he hasn't even taken a snap yet. What makes that so sad is that guys like John Elway, who's signatures are worth major money, don't charge for them. I've got dozens of autographs of his from when my grandpa worked for his car dealerships in the mid-late 90s. One of them is on a Super Bowl football. None of them cost anyone a dime.

I hope Brady Quinn wakes the **** up. Maybe Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs (my boy!) can help him with that.

Comment

Now that I read it more clearly I guess you actually have to BUY one of their pictures or some of their merchandise in order to get the autograph? You can't just go through the line with your own stuff and ask him to sign it? I guess they'd have to charge for the actual merchandise I suppose but 75 bucks for a picture is like . I don't know if charging was Brady's idea but if I was in his position I would either:

Not charge and do it just for the respect of his fans

OR

Charge like $5-10 and donate it to some sort of charity, how does he need money again? I kinda felt bad for the guy on draft day but this kind of stuff...it just doesn't seem right to me. :2cents:
          sigpic

Comment

That was stupid. Just stupid. If I was Quinn and had a lick of sense, I'd fire my agent. These kids get roped into doing crap like this, so I don't blame Quinn. I blame the corporate interests behind it, and his agent is responsible to steer him. The #1 paramount rule of a professional athlete must always be to seem accessible to his or her fans. That's where the money COMES FROM. Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgdriver
              That's where the money COMES FROM. Idiots.
              that's why I don't respect people who think players are only in it for the money. Probably 95% of the players realize that if it weren't for the fans, their oversized paychecks wouldn't be more than a small fraction of what they are.

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

somebody's trying to make up for all that money he lost on draft day. . . .

most likely wasn't his idea, but he should have refused to have anything to do with such an obvious freakin' SCAM! brady leaf-- i'm gonna really enjoy watching him develop into a titanic bust. . .
                Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I have rarely seen or heard of athletes giving out autographs for free at organized events.

It's not as if this happened outside the parking lot at the stadium!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

He's trying to get all the cash he can now.

Let's be honest, he plays for the Browns.

He doesn't exactly have a long promising career ahead of him.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Disgraceful.

The NFL has changed a lot. Used to be a time when players didn't even get a million dollar contract. Now here's a young man who hasn't even played a single game - let alone signed a contract in the NFL and he is demanding that much money just for his signature? Appalling and disrespectful.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I'm gonna give the kid the benefit of the doubt...He MAY have signed a big money deal with the poeple who were putting on the signing show...so if thats the case he may not have had a say in how things went down

He seems like a nice guy to me and maybe he just needs to be more careful who he signs deals with

Comment

I'll give him one pass on this kind of thing. He is just a kid, albeit with millions. He can make this type of screw up one time, after that he had better be intelligent enough to learn that this is a stupid thing to do. Cleveland will eat this guy alive if he keeps pulling this kind of crap.

Comment

id never pay that much for brady quinn maybe jay cutler but hes at least somewhat proven himself

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN View Post
                              I have rarely seen or heard of athletes giving out autographs for free at organized events.

It's not as if this happened outside the parking lot at the stadium!
                              That may be true, but it doesn't mean that THAT's not wrong either!

Comment

Working...
                              X