Brady Quinn autograph fiasco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    So basically you made a claim for which you have no actual evidence? The organizers might have set the prices but you have absolutely no clue whether or not Quinn knew what was being charged.

Please don't make statements sound like fact when you are just making an unsupported assumption. I know you want to homer out for your team but that is poor form.
    Here ya go.

WKYC (Channel 3) quoted Quinn saying he didn't know that money was being charged. That may be true, but people paid, and he signed.
    http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/17538520.htm

Comment

Originally posted by omac View Post
      Thank you very much! That was exactly what I was asking for. CP for supplying that quote and link, if you even care about them.

Here's hoping that's true and he does care more about the fans than he does how he can siphon money out of their pockets.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
        Thank you very much! That was exactly what I was asking for. CP for supplying that quote and link, if you even care about them.

Here's hoping that's true and he does care more about the fans than he does how he can siphon money out of their pockets.
        I'm pretty sure he cares about the organization and the fans, but an athlete has to trust his agent; if he goes against what his agent says, then he shouldn't complain about getting a bad contract. And there's nothing wrong with a pro athlete trying to get the best deal that he can; with the nature of the sport, with injuries and aging, you try to get the most money as early as you can, if you can.

But his current hold-out is not only hurting his image, but his progress too. Bottomline, he should accept the contract based on his possition in the draft and report to camp already, or he could become a bust.

Comment

Working...
        X