X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncs453
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    I don't really remember, to be honest. I do remember something about him lying to Mike Brown about something or other, but I'm at work on a Mac, and I'm too lazy to do the legwork to find it.

Suffice to say, the guy did his time for the crime, but Goodell's putting the wood to him for another year.

And Jared Allen gets two games *snort*

Agreed. The guy was amazing, and even though he's had a lot of problems, I would still take him back. As it is, our LB corps is looking pretty good anyhow, but it would be stellar with Thurman in the mix.
    Yeah, he was definitely pretty good his rookie year. I just think that Goodell needs to come up with almost like an interval system to deal with players. It could be something like this:

DUI: 1-2 games
    Dogfighting: 1 year
    "Making it Rain": forever

haha

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    it's warranted because he claimed he just missed the test or whatever and then i believe news broke that he did drugs again or something, after a fluff piece had come out where he was quoted as saying he just missed a test and hadn't been using.

aka he lied and was caught in it, if i recall correctly (maybe a bengal fan can help me out here)
    I don't really remember, to be honest. I do remember something about him lying to Mike Brown about something or other, but I'm at work on a Mac, and I'm too lazy to do the legwork to find it.

Suffice to say, the guy did his time for the crime, but Goodell's putting the wood to him for another year.

And Jared Allen gets two games *snort*

if that's truely the case as i'm remembering it, the guy is a mess , and it's a shame because he could have easily won DROY the year merriman won it, odell was very productive
    Agreed. The guy was amazing, and even though he's had a lot of problems, I would still take him back. As it is, our LB corps is looking pretty good anyhow, but it would be stellar with Thurman in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncs453 View Post
    What do you guys think about this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=2949859

Personally, I think Goodell is coming down a little too hard on this guy...it seems like he is not being consistent in his dealings with players. He got accused of assaulting two guys, but they later dropped that charge, so it looks like he is going to end up missing two years for skipping a drug test and a DUI? Seems a little harsh to me...

What do you think?
    it's warranted because he claimed he just missed the test or whatever and then i believe news broke that he did drugs again or something, after a fluff piece had come out where he was quoted as saying he just missed a test and hadn't been using.

aka he lied and was caught in it, if i recall correctly (maybe a bengal fan can help me out here)

if that's truely the case as i'm remembering it, the guy is a mess , and it's a shame because he could have easily won DROY the year merriman won it, odell was very productive

Leave a comment:

• Broncs453
    started a topic Odell Thurman Suspension?

Odell Thurman Suspension?

What do you guys think about this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=2949859

Personally, I think Goodell is coming down a little too hard on this guy...it seems like he is not being consistent in his dealings with players. He got accused of assaulting two guys, but they later dropped that charge, so it looks like he is going to end up missing two years for skipping a drug test and a DUI? Seems a little harsh to me...

What do you think?
Working...
X