• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colts expected to release corey simon

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http:/...080211&srvc=sz

Colts owner says former Pro Bowl tackle Simon will be released
    Associated Press

Updated: August 1, 2007, 10:14 PM ET
    TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Colts owner Jim Irsay said Wednesday night that he expected to release former Pro Bowl tackle Corey Simon within the next few days, ending months of speculation concerning Simon's future with the Super Bowl champions.

Simon did not pass his physical over the weekend. He was expected to report to camp on time Sunday but was never seen at Rose Hulman Institute of Technology.

Irsay on Wednesday tried to clarify Simon's status with the team.

"Hopefully, we'll have something worked out with that. I think he may pursue his opportunities somewhere other than here," Irsay said. "I think we may come to an agreement in the next few days and he may pursue other places to play. I think it's better to get it resolved in the next day or two."

Simon did not play last season and was eventually placed on the non-football illness/injury list with an undisclosed ailment. Since winning the Super Bowl, the Colts have been debating what to do with Simon.

"Free agency is really risky and when they came to me with the opportunity I was OK in going for it," Irsay said. "You know the risk is there and it simply didn't work out. But as an owner who pays the checks, winning the Super Bowl is a nice massaging balm cream to ease the pain."

Colts coach Tony Dungy said he had been in touch with Irsay concerning the move.

"I didn't know how far along we were but I knew that was the direction we were going," Dungy said.
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

so what is the deal with simon, what did he hurt, was he actually hurt? did he want money? i am just really confused by what all that happened.

he is a good player, and was sad/happy he didnt play for the colts. they would have been better, but i dont like to see good players not on the field.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

isnt that 2 really good OLmen gone for them

hopefully our rookies can desrtoy manning this year, they will not be so unstopppable now
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

hopefully our rookies can desrtoy manning this year, they will not be so unstopppable now
        he didnt play all last year and they did win the superbowl

but i wonder what is up with him

they didnt disclose what is wrong with him and he didnt pass the physical

doesnt look good for simon's future
        sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by lynchembaby View Post
          he didnt play all last year and they did win the superbowl

but i wonder what is up with him

they didnt disclose what is wrong with him and he didnt pass the physical

doesnt look good for simon's future
          dang i just saw probowler and assumed o well it still cant be good for the colts
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

simon's not an olineman and he hasn't been good for a while.....

i think you guys are forgetting this is corey simon, the stay puft marshmallow man that the eagles released.

he's obviously been done since before they released him.

olineman? lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
              simon's not an olineman and he hasn't been good for a while.....

i think you guys are forgetting this is corey simon, the stay puft marshmallow man that the eagles released.

he's obviously been done since before they released him.

olineman? lol
              Darn you beat me to it lol
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X