Alstott to Retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alstott to Retire

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers fullback Mike Alstott is expected to announce his retirement Thursday, multiple Tampa Bay-area media outlets reported.

The team has scheduled a 2 p.m. ET press conference in Tampa, at which the retirement is expected to be announced.

The announcement comes after Alstott missed a third consecutive day of workouts Thursday as the team prepared for its preseason opener Friday against the New England Patriots. His retirement is reportedly not injury-related.

Alstott, who was entering his 12th year with the Bucs, is the team's all-time leader in touchdowns with 71 and rushing touchdowns with 58.

He is second in team history with 5,088 yards rushing and third in scoring with 432 points.

LINK
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

good luck to Alstott. great fullback

Comment

Yeah Alstott was a baller...good luck to him in w/e he decides to do.
      :orton:

Comment

One of the last rushing FBs that was left in the NFL.

Good luck to ya Alstott!

Comment

As the Swami always said.....

Mike "Boom Boom" Altott!!!

Always like his punishing sytle of running.

PEACE!!!

Comment

he was one hell of a fullback

best of luck to him

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Great responses in this thread...

I just read an article about how he contemplated retirement, but decided the fire was still there. I wonder if anything in particular doused it.

Mr. Alstott
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Always liked that guy. I hope he has a great retirement!
                The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=5922

this is on nfl.com...hmm nothing there about retirement. he is placed on IR though

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos85 View Post
                    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=5922

this is on nfl.com...hmm nothing there about retirement. he is placed on IR though
                    Looks like ESPN changed their story somewhat as well...

Alstott out for season; won't speculate on future

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers fullback Mike Alstott didn't announce his retirement Thursday. But he was put on the injured reserve list, meaning he's out for the season. And he didn't commit beyond this year.

"That will be determined later," he said as a news conference at the team's headquarters. Several reports earlier Thursday from Tampa Bay-area media outlets indicated Alstott might hang it up. But he didn't go that far in a meeting with reporters.

Alstott cried when he talked about being on the sidelines through the season. He had worked to return from a neck injury, but confirmed at the news conference he had suffered another neck injury.

"As a professional football player, you just can't grasp the situation of not being able to put the helmet on and the jersey on," he said.

Alstott missed a third consecutive day of workouts Thursday as the team prepared for its preseason opener Friday against the New England Patriots. His retirement is reportedly not injury-related.

Alstott, who was entering his 12th year with the Bucs, is the team's all-time leader in touchdowns with 71 and rushing touchdowns with 58.

He is second in team history with 5,088 yards rushing and third in scoring with 432 points.

LINK
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Cadillac's stock just went through the roof in fantasy!

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Working...
                      X