Youre thoughts on Brett Favre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youre thoughts on Brett Favre?

For some one who is supposed to be a good ol' boy, he sure seems like a diva. And I didnt really like how he popped off about Walker and his hold out (although it did work out to our benefit). Plus I think he is sticking around for records whereas Marino and Elway stuck around for team success. Im sick of hearing about him. I know there are people who like him and I can respect that. He has done a lot in his career. How do you feel about Favre?

Yeah IMO he's just around for records and personal achievement.......though I will admit he was a good QB in his prime.

I'm just upset cause he's close to Johns Most Wins record.....

And he needs to do something about the name....

FAVRE should sound like FAAV-REE or something....

FARVE would be more like FAAR-VA.......

hahahahahahaha

PEACE!!!

Comment

One thing too that I neglected to mention was the play where he fell down conceding to Michael Strahan the sack record. I think stuff like that cheapens Strahans sack record and his own record of most consecutive games played. I know there have been other times where he has shown more toughness but still, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth especially for someone who is so highly praised.

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
        One thing too that I neglected to mention was the play where he fell down conceding to Michael Strahan the sack record. I think stuff like that cheapens Strahans sack record and his own record of most consecutive games played. I know there have been other times where he has shown more toughness but still, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth especially for someone who is so highly praised.

Yeah I don't think we'll ever see him doing an "Elway 1st down leap" any time soon.......

PEACE!!!

Comment

To me Bret Farve is the third best QB in the league behind Manning and Brady IMO

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
            To me Bret Farve is the third best QB in the league behind Manning and Brady IMO

"Well that's just, like, your opinion maaan." -The Dude from The Big Lebowski

hahahahahaha

PEACE!!!

Comment

I think Brett Favre is a great QB... but a great QB past his prime. I don't see him sticking around to win some more games to be a bad thing. EVERY player wants to own the statistics. To Farve, having those records are something special, something that is within reach of him getting, and something he wants. Nothing wrong with him going after them. Its just as important to the fans of GB for him to have them, than it is to Brett. Brett is already in the HoF. He already has 2.5 NFL MVPS, and a Super Bowl ring. So going after personal achievement records is something that is important to HIM.. and I say more power to him.

Emmitt Smith did the same thing, and worded it perfectly afterwards when he said " To ME...having the most total rushing yards in a career makes me the best. It was a goal I set out for at the beginning of my career, and one I wanted to accomplish. People may feel that someone else is better, but to ME, having the most rushing yards makes me the best."

I never cared for Emmitt, but that statement actually made me respect him more. He went out and STRIVED to reach personal goals, and continued until he reached those goals. Thats admirable. Same with Favre. Very very few will every say he's better than Elway or Montana.. but some will. So what.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                I think Brett Favre is a great QB... but a great QB past his prime. I don't see him sticking around to win some more games to be a bad thing. EVERY player wants to own the statistics. To Farve, having those records are something special, something that is within reach of him getting, and something he wants. Nothing wrong with him going after them. Its just as important to the fans of GB for him to have them, than it is to Brett. Brett is already in the HoF. He already has 2.5 NFL MVPS, and a Super Bowl ring. So going after personal achievement records is something that is important to HIM.. and I say more power to him.

Emmitt Smith did the same thing, and worded it perfectly afterwards when he said " To ME...having the most total rushing yards in a career makes me the best. It was a goal I set out for at the beginning of my career, and one I wanted to accomplish. People may feel that someone else is better, but to ME, having the most rushing yards makes me the best."

I never cared for Emmitt, but that statement actually made me respect him more. He went out and STRIVED to reach personal goals, and continued until he reached those goals. Thats admirable. Same with Favre. Very very few will every say he's better than Elway or Montana.. but some will. So what.

The wear and tear is a little different for running backs though. And as a result your skills typically erode the closer you get to the record at a rate thats much faster than it is for QBs.

Comment

I live in Wisconsin, so I am surrounded by Packer fans, and I also have the privilege to watch him every Sunday. Although I am a Cowboy fan, Green Bay is almost like team 1B for me. I love Favre, one of my all-time favorite players. If he is just sticking around for the records, which you can't blame anyone for assuming, I don't think I will think less of him. That doesn't take away from him as a player, IMO. I will stick up for Favre til I die.

Comment

My husband says he should let it go and retire,after all he does have a
                    ring and a SB...and thats all any great player would hope to
                    accomplish in his career...

I don't ever see the Packers letting him go til he is ready.

I like him...as a person he seems like a super nice guy and I think

he probably should retire but I would miss hearing about him...I would.

I know one thing...his family sure has had their share of bad luck
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

i think he needs to let the team move on and develop a young QB instead of sacrificing their future for his own personal benefit
                      sig pic removed by mod staff.
                      we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post

Have you seen his commercial for Wrangler Jeans? (I think it was Wrangler)

It ran during the Steeler/Saints game the other night.

Anyway, he's wearing jeans, playing around with his "friends". Hanging out, playing a little football.

To me, it said, "Look at me, I am Brett Favre, tough guy."

1st thing I thought of was, oh yeah, you got sacked my Michael Strahan!

But I like Favre. He was a great QB.

I am happy I will get to see him one more time. Hope he doesnt get hurt before 10/29.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post

I am happy I will get to see him one more time. Hope he doesnt get hurt before 10/29.
                          Same here

I've only seen Brett one other time Live(in Green Bay)

But hes never hurt so I doubt he wont be playing by then.
                          That could be a great game.
                          Favres last MNF game and he could break the TD record then too.

You should worry about when Vince comes to town. He might get hurt before then since hes on the cover

But I have never been a Favre fan.
                          He use to be a good QB. But I wont put him in the same category as Manning and Brady for present time. For past time hes a legend. But as for now hes not in the top list of qbs.

His prime is far behind him and he should just retire.

Comment

IMO, the only reason he's coming back is for the records, mainly the wins record. He's still pissed at Elway for beating him in the SB so he's gonna come back and take his wins record. Doesn't really matter though, Manning is gonna tear through all Favre's records anyway, then Cutler after that!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                              I don't think this is far from the truth; stick Favre in the Colts, Pats, or Bengals and you'll see he'll probably have great numbers. Stick him in the '05 Broncos and we'd have won the Superbowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X