Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Russell re-enters the draft, where does he fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Russell re-enters the draft, where does he fall?

(Poll above)

I was reading the JaMarcus thread that explained that if JaMarcus and the Raiders don't reach an agreement, Russell re-enters the draft next year. If he does, where do you think he'll be? Being inactive for a year, plus holding out will dissuade some clubs from going after him. Also, could next seasons quarterbacks look more promising?
    Top 5
    21.21%
    Top 15
    12.12%
    Within the 1st round
    27.27%
    2nd round or later
    39.39%

after seeing his money hungry and selfish attitude, i doubt he would be worth half of what people hyped him up to be...

late 1st round maybe second...

i mean even if he never did hold out, he would be a very, very rough developmental qb anyway...

he would not be a player i would like to see being the face of my franchise...

sigpic

Comment

Second Round

and even then he may still want #1 money...
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

It depends, some teams like the lions who are desprete for a QB would probably take him as will teams if Vick comes back. In the NFL the goal is to win and if you can have a player, who you think can lead you to greatness you have to jump on the chance to get him.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

Originally posted by anton... View Post
          after seeing his money hungry and selfish attitude, i doubt he would be worth half of what people hyped him up to be...

i mean even if he never did hold out, he would be a very, very rough developmental qb anyway...

Thats a very valid point but he has such a big arm, I think someone in the top 5 would take a chance on him. When Mike Mayock says its the best arm he has ever seen, a guy usually gets a lot of consideration.

Comment

i was just thinking about this the other day........when do the raiders have to sign him by?? do they have to they end of the season??

Comment

There was a thread about this on the NFL.com board as well. Someone on there made a good and funny point.

If the Raiders have the #1 pick again do you think they would redraft him? I highly doubt they would but wouldn't it be funny to see Al try something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by anton... View Post

He wasn't money hungry... the reason for him not being signed yet is that the Raiders are refusing to put clauses that are always put into the #1 pick's contract. "JaMarcus Russell wants the guaranteed money to remain guaranteed, and that includes getting an injury and skill clause in the contract. The clause ensures a certain amount of money is paid even if he gets hurt or does not perform to the Oakland Raiders' liking. Such stipulations have become standard for No. 1 overall picks."

They refuse to implement standard clauses, and based on everything I have read he isn't asking for anything out of the ordinary as a #1 pick. This is almost totally Oakland's fault.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                  If the Raiders have the #1 pick again do you think they would redraft him? I highly doubt they would but wouldn't it be funny to see Al try something like this.
                  Ahahaha!

"With the first overall pick in the 2008 NFL entry draft, the Oakland Raiders select JaMarcus Russell - QB - LSU."

He WILL NOT reenter the draft though. He will be signed before than... as funny as it'd be.
                  McKeough
                  Thank you Rod Smith!
                  Last edited by McKeough; 08-22-2007, 06:34 PM.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
                  sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

JaMoney Russell

Actually it's not the injury and skill clauses, it the way he wants the bonus money structured. His agent Eric Metz want it in option bonuses which are not recoverable. If JaMoney goes the Michael Vick route, or decided in a few year to hold out for more money, the Raiders would eat that bonus money without any way of recouping it.

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688 View Post
                    He wasn't money hungry... the reason for him not being signed yet is that the Raiders are refusing to put clauses that are always put into the #1 pick's contract. "JaMarcus Russell wants the guaranteed money to remain guaranteed, and that includes getting an injury and skill clause in the contract. The clause ensures a certain amount of money is paid even if he gets hurt or does not perform to the Oakland Raiders' liking. Such stipulations have become standard for No. 1 overall picks."

They refuse to implement standard clauses, and based on everything I have read he isn't asking for anything out of the ordinary as a #1 pick. This is almost totally Oakland's fault.

Comment

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the Raiders drafted him again.....just to make him mad!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                        I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the Raiders drafted him again.....just to make him mad!
                        LOL! And then force him through contract disputes so that he has to re-enter the draft of 2009 ... yes, in his 5th re-entry at the draft, Oakland Raiders again pick JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

I think you're right, Izzy!

Originally posted by Izzy View Post
                          Actually it's not the injury and skill clauses, it the way he wants the bonus money structured. His agent Eric Metz want it in option bonuses which are not recoverable. If JaMoney goes the Michael Vick route, or decided in a few year to hold out for more money, the Raiders would eat that bonus money without any way of recouping it.

If it is almost all the Raiders fault, then why was Jaws calling LaMoney Russell "Moronic" during the Broncos/49ers game?

Comment

JaMoney

I think it's more a case of the agents wanting to further the status quo of how rookie contracts have been done, plus they have added their own little twist. For a few years now the NFL has been concerned about the escalation of rookie contracts and how out of balance they have become compared to the veterans.

Eic Metz, Russell's agent, is also the same guy that held out Joey Galloway for half a season. Unfortunately for Metz he picked the wrong team to strong arm. The Raiders want Russell but they are smart enough not to mortgage their future for him. Holding the line against Metz is something they have the patience and ability to do. Metz wants the option bonuses (Non-refundable non-recoverable) because it means his client won't have any pressure to perform or be a good citizen.

The Raiders stance is if they are going to put $30 mil in the guy's pocket they have a right to expect something for it. Time is on the Raiders side. Russell will never see this kind of money offered again, even if he re-enters the draft. I'm hoping that the Raiders take on a tactic brought up by a national sports writer. If Russell doesn't sign soon, the team gives Metz a deadline and then each week he doesn't sign the team reduces the bonus offer by $1 million.

Russell wants to get paid. He wants to buy grandma a house, get his bling, at some point he's going to look at his agents and say. "Show me the money!"

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy View Post
                              I did read that part, but the injury and skill clauses have been harped on much more often than that, so I figured that was the most important detail... my bad.

However, I have also seen it reported that his agents told the Raiders that this was pretty much what they were going to ask for and if they weren't going to give it to him not to bother drafting him... I don't know how much truth is in that, but it is something I have heard.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Working...
                              X