Can Bettis be sued now???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Bettis be sued now???

I like Jerome Bettis, and I don't want this to be a bashing thread. But Bettis just recently wrote a book, and in the book he admitted to faking an injury in training camp to keep from getting cut by the Steelers. He came into the camp with a repaired knee, and during drills, faked getting hurt THEN so that the steelers couldn't cut him and his salary. So I'm asking any lawyers that are on the boards, can Jerome still be sued for fraud???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2986809

I doubt their gonna sue a Hall Of Famer.

Anyways its not like they did't profit from him playing.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce80_267 View Post
      I doubt their gonna sue a Hall Of Famer.

Anyways its not like they did't profit from him playing.
      Who's not going to sue? Can the NFL sue... if they don't, is that setting a precedent as to how they deal with fraud in the NFL? I don't know. I think that admitting this may have opened some gates, but I'm not sure.

Comment

The NFL could try to sue I think, but would you?

The NFL made tons of money with all the bandwaggoners jumping on the Steelers bandwaggon a few years ago...

Anways no jury would convict Bettis of Fraud, again would you the guy is gonna be a furure hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce80_267 View Post
          The NFL could try to sue I think, but would you?

The NFL made tons of money with all the bandwaggoners jumping on the Steelers bandwaggon a few years ago...

Anways no jury would convict Bettis of Fraud, again would you the guy is gonna be a furure hall of famer.
          THe NFL didn't make any more money off the steelers than they would any team that goes to the Super Bowl.

There wouldn't be a jury....

Anyway.. I'll wait for a lawyer.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait.....

Your saying when fans bought Steelers hats, shirts and etc. NFL did't profit from it?

The stores pay NFL for the items when fans buy them they need another shipment which means they were making money.

PLUS NFL.com sells shirts and hats also so please I'm not trying to fight, but next time think about NFL is gonna make money when a team makes the Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              I like Jerome Bettis, and I don't want this to be a bashing thread. But Bettis just recently wrote a book, and in the book he admitted to faking an injury in training camp to keep from getting cut by the Steelers. He came into the camp with a repaired knee, and during drills, faked getting hurt THEN so that the steelers couldn't cut him and his salary. So I'm asking any lawyers that are on the boards, can Jerome still be sued for fraud???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2986809
              i dont think he could be sued but im not a lawyer

i was watching mike and mike in the morning and mike golic said he would of done the same thing that bettis did.

when golic was with miami he had an injury that he was rehabing during preseason. he didnt want to get cut and wasnt 100% ready to play but the doc asked him if he felt he could get out on the field and workout, thus leading him to sign a paper saying he was ok. he was all for it because he wanted to play football. as soon as he signed the paper and left the doc office he walked out the door and a staff member said he was wanted in the main office. he went up to the main office and they had a list of names of players to be cut and he was on that list. he said he walked out of the office and was telling players that were on the list if they had an injury they better report it now cuz they will be cut otherwise.

btw on mike and mike fri they are doing their 2 team drill (denver and detroit) fri 8-24
              sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

it would have to be proven that he was due to be cut

the cutting sounds like speculation
                sigpic

Comment

This would severely drop their Madden Franchise prestige points.

Comment

Working...
                  X