Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damon Huard named the Chiefs starting QB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Damon Huard named the Chiefs starting QB

    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/247259.html


    By ADAM TEICHER
    The Kansas City Star


    Damon Huard has won the Chiefs quarterback competition and will start the regular season opener Sept. 9 against the Texans in Houston.

    Coach Herm Edwards seemed to be leaning toward starting Brodie Croyle. But Edwards apparently changed his mind after Croyle's disappointing play in Thursday night's preseason loss to New Orleans.

    Huard, because of a sore calf muscle, did not play against the Saints. He did not lead the Chiefs to any touchdowns in either of the first two preseason games, but he had some success last season filling in for Trent Green.
    Tony G


    The Chefs

  • #2
    thats not good when a backup qb becomes your starter...because that what Huard is
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Firstwave64 View Post
      thats not good when a backup qb becomes your starter...because that what Huard is
      Not anymore.........
      Tony G


      The Chefs

      Comment


      • #4
        shouldn't this be in the smack forum?



        Officially Objectified by the GPA

        rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KCLadyFan View Post
          http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/247259.html


          By ADAM TEICHER
          The Kansas City Star


          Damon Huard has won the Chiefs quarterback competition and will start the regular season opener Sept. 9 against the Texans in Houston.

          Coach Herm Edwards seemed to be leaning toward starting Brodie Croyle. But Edwards apparently changed his mind after Croyle's disappointing play in Thursday night's preseason loss to New Orleans.

          Huard, because of a sore calf muscle, did not play against the Saints. He did not lead the Chiefs to any touchdowns in either of the first two preseason games, but he had some success last season filling in for Trent Green.
          Probably the best thing for the Chiefs this year, but a blow for the future, as Croyle could be a long term option, Huard probably isn't.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Well its not going to matter who they have in there if the pass

            protection isn't there....
            Tony G


            The Chefs

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dogfish View Post
              shouldn't this be in the smack forum?



              It probably should be cause it'll probably turn into smack the way

              some people here can't stay on topic or have to turn to smack to

              discuss anything...
              Tony G


              The Chefs

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KCLadyFan View Post
                It probably should be cause it'll probably turn into smack the way

                some people here can't stay on topic or have to turn to smack to

                discuss anything...




                .......
                Officially Objectified by the GPA

                rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dogfish View Post




                  .......


                  Tony G


                  The Chefs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just a guess, but I imagine you'll see Huard the first 4-6 games and if they are .500 or worse, Croyle plays. Huard is 34 and has had half of a good season in his entire NFL career. As of today, he probably ranks somewhere around 28-30 in terms of starting QBs. It is in KC's best interest for him to fail miserably.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bowlensbest3233 View Post
                      Just a guess, but I imagine you'll see Huard the first 4-6 games and if they are .500 or worse, Croyle plays. Huard is 34 and has had half of a good season in his entire NFL career. As of today, he probably ranks somewhere around 28-30 in terms of starting QBs. It is in KC's best interest for him to fail miserably.
                      and if he fails who takes his place??? len dawson maybe????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kcvet View Post
                        and if he fails who takes his place??? len dawson maybe????
                        Why not? With Lenny on the field KC will be the closest they will ever get to a Superbowl.

                        Seriously? You play musical chairs. Huard to Croyle, back to Huard if Croyle bombs. Think Holcombe/various Bills' QBs or the recent Anderson/Frye saga.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bowlensbest3233 View Post
                          Why not? With Lenny on the field KC will be the closest they will ever get to a Superbowl.

                          Seriously? You play musical chairs. Huard to Croyle, back to Huard if Croyle bombs. Think Holcombe/various Bills' QBs or the recent Anderson/Frye saga.
                          your pardon. Edwards plays musical chairs. myself i wanted to see more competition at this position. maybe we can Elway in a chiefs uniform. hmmm

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kcvet View Post
                            your pardon. Edwards plays musical chairs. myself i wanted to see more competition at this position. maybe we can Elway in a chiefs uniform. hmmm
                            or Jake Plummer......

                            I didn't know that we were playing musical chairs since the starting QB was only
                            named yesterday....
                            Last edited by KCLadyFan; 08-26-2007, 07:43 AM.
                            Tony G


                            The Chefs

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by KCLadyFan View Post
                              or Jake Plummer......
                              yeah !!!! where is ole jake hangin' out these days?????

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X