Donald Butler done for the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Butler done for the year.

Chargers third-round ILB Donald Butler suffered a torn Achilles' tendon in Tuesday's practice.
    He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season. Butler was expected to compete for snaps with Kevin Burnett and Brandon Siler next to Stephen Cooper. The Bolts can't count on him to be develop into a 2011 starter, which would make re-signing Cooper a priority. Cooper is in a contract year.
    Source: Kevin Acee on Twitter
    Related: Stephen Cooper, Kevin Burnett, Brandon Siler
    Tough loss for the Chargers, I was hoping we would take a look at Butler during the draft. Hope he's back at 100% for next year.

I always hate injuries like this from a human point of view. Here's to wishing him a speedy recovery.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

very very disappointed. Hope his rehab goes ok, he keeps his head in the books and comes back stronger next year.

God i hate injuries!
      Is Seau available?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
        I always hate injuries like this from a human point of view. Here's to wishing him a speedy recovery.
        This is what I wanted to say as well.

Best wishes to him and the fans over there. Training camp should not result in this kind of thing, but it's the nature of the beast.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Comment

Totally ashame, there are always teams that have these injuries during TC...happens to most teams it seems like these days. Just not fair when you set a team up in your mind and stupid injuries set you back.

Wish him the best recovery!
          sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
          Sig by: MHS

Comment

Classy thread from you Bronco fans. Thanks for the well-wishes.

The good news is that unlike Mathews, Stuckey and Cam Thomas, Butler wasn't counted on to make much of an impact aside from special teams this season. If Cooper, Siler and Burnett can stay healthy, the team should be fine at ILB this year. But after those 3, the inside linebacker depth is not very good.

Comment

I wonder what impact this will have with Merriman.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
                Classy thread from you Bronco fans. Thanks for the well-wishes.

The good news is that unlike Mathews, Stuckey and Cam Thomas, Butler wasn't counted on to make much of an impact aside from special teams this season. If Cooper, Siler and Burnett can stay healthy, the team should be fine at ILB this year. But after those 3, the inside linebacker depth is not very good.
                Ture but any playing time would have gone along way in his progression....Now hes a year behind.
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear..

Now next year he'll be a year behind, may not of made a big of an impact as the other rookies.. He still could of hit his feet wet and got a little experience..

Hope he has a speedy recovery..

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                    Ture but any playing time would have gone along way in his progression....Now hes a year behind.
                    Yep. No doubt it is a huge setback, and tendon injuries are no joke. But he could learn something just by being around the club and studying the way the defense plays. Hopefully he recovers fully and participates in all the offseason conditioning and training sessions next year. Cooper is on his way out, and both Burnett and Siler are in their contract years.

We will likely be counting on Butler next season. Or 2012. Depending on the labor talks.

Comment

That's not fair. I hate it when a rookie is injured. I don't care what team the guy plays for, he got to that spot, and he has to wait longer.
                      I hope he recuperates quickly, and is able to fix the situation.:thumb:
                      sigpic

Comment

TC injuries suck, and they REALLY suck when they are rookies......

Here's to wishing him a full recovery.

Comment

That sucks. I hope he gets better and comes back stronger.

I hate rookies getting injured because i love watching the young guys in preseaon. I know you charger fans wanted to watch your rooks during preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                            That sucks. I hope he gets better and comes back stronger.

I hate rookies getting injured because i love watching the young guys in preseaon. I know you charger fans wanted to watch your rooks during preseason.
                            Mathews, Stuckey and Cam Thomas will all get lots of time this year

Comment

I hope he has a speedy recovery that sucks for Charger fans.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X