Chargers trade for Patrick Crayton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers trade for Patrick Crayton

Filed to ESPN: Dallas traded WR Patrick Crayton to San Diego. Chargers get another receiver that they could use. Chargers surrendered a 7th-round pick for WR Patrick Crayton.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

For just a 7th round pick, wow, good move by SD..

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Filed to ESPN: Dallas traded WR Patrick Crayton to San Diego. Chargers get another receiver that they could use. Chargers surrendered a 7th-round pick for WR Patrick Crayton.

Crayton got what he wanted after all. Wow.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Well, he was 4th at best on there depth chart, but it seems like they gave him up for nothin'. Maybe a rookie outplayed him, other than Bryant.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

WOW! IMO, that is a steal. I thought Crayton was worth a 5th rd pick at the most.
        sigpic

Comment

I think this all but seals the deal for VJ in San Diego. I'm not saying that Crayton = Jackson, but I think this cements AJ's stance on playing this season without VJ.

The big question is how much will the Bolts get for him. Probably a conditional 3rd - that could end up as a second.

Comment

I think VJ gets traded sooner than later.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Idk, I think he's sitting. Unless a team with multiple midround picks next year has a prominent player go down. I just think if Seattle hasn't waved a 3rd + at the Chargers yet nobody is going to.

Nice pickup bolts, Does Crayton take Nanee's(sp sorry) spot?

Comment

A 3rd in 11' isn't good value. That draft class was watered down. I think outside of the top 40 picks there won't be a lot of value.
                sigpic

Comment

a 7th rounder for an underrated 31 year old WR.

Crayton is not a star but i think he's reliable. he's a very good deep threat as well. i think he fits in well with the chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    He should....but, if doesn't get traded by tomorrow, I think he has to sit out 6 games. Plus, he wants 5 yrs and $50 million (with $30 million guaranteed). Who's is willing to do that?

Maybe the Daniel Snyder?

Comment

Soild pickup.

Really didnt think Crayton would get traded.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                        Idk, I think he's sitting. Unless a team with multiple midround picks next year has a prominent player go down. I just think if Seattle hasn't waved a 3rd + at the Chargers yet nobody is going to.

Nice pickup bolts, Does Crayton take Nanee's(sp sorry) spot?
                        The Rams have been rumored to be interested to. It would behoove them to dangle a 2nd at the Chargers.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                          He should....but, if doesn't get traded by tomorrow, I think he has to sit out 6 games. Plus, he wants 5 yrs and $50 million (with $30 million guaranteed). Who's is willing to do that?

Maybe the Daniel Snyder?
                          Good point- I guess we'll find out how smart VJ really is.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                            I think this all but seals the deal for VJ in San Diego. I'm not saying that Crayton = Jackson, but I think this cements AJ's stance on playing this season without VJ.

The big question is how much will the Bolts get for him. Probably a conditional 3rd - that could end up as a second.
                            VJ said on NFL Network he's prepared to sit out the season, so i dont know..

I'm not sure if anyone will give SD a 2nd or 3rd for VJ when he wants a new contract and possibly no football next year..

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move VJ with this move..

Comment

VJ said on NFL Network he's prepared to sit out the season, so i dont know..

I'm not sure if anyone will give SD a 2nd or 3rd for VJ when he wants a new contract and possibly no football next year..

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move VJ with this move..
                              I don't know. Some of us thought the same thing about Marshall. We see how that turned out.

I'm not comparing VJ with any of the younger recievers, but recievers like Matthew Willis, Victor Cruz, and a host of others make it kind of difficult for teams to give up a lot in picks for players like Jax.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X