Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SD's WR depth chart?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SD's WR depth chart?

    What does the Chargers WR depth chart look like this year? VJ would be #1 if he were to sign and come in, I'm assuming, but where do the rest of your WR's stand right now?

    Someone had mentioned Rivers has no one to throw to in the smack section, and I just wanted a realistic opinion on the situation.

  • #2
    Floyd
    Naanee
    Crayton
    Davis

    although Gates will get the most looks. Chargers use TEs and RBs in the passing game more than any other team. This year they will run more 2 and even 3 TE sets.

    Comment


    • #3
      Who are the TEs past gates. Manu left didn't he?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
        Floyd
        Naanee
        Crayton
        Davis

        although Gates will get the most looks. Chargers use TEs and RBs in the passing game more than any other team. This year they will run more 2 and even 3 TE sets.
        Thankyou sir.

        Any chance Naanee will surpass Floyd?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
          Who are the TEs past gates. Manu left didn't he?
          Randy McMichael
          Kris Wilson

          Both are decent blockers but better pass-catchers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
            Thankyou sir.

            Any chance Naanee will surpass Floyd?
            Tough to say. Floyd has been penciled in as the #1 with VJax holding out, but he is somewhat 1-dimensional. He makes big plays, but he can disappear as well. If Naanee can turn into Rivers' go-to guy, the Chargers offense will continue to roll along without a hitch. I really hope they don't view Crayton as the #2, because IMO he is nothing more than a #3 receiver at best.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
              Tough to say. Floyd has been penciled in as the #1 with VJax holding out, but he is somewhat 1-dimensional. He makes big plays, but he can disappear as well. If Naanee can turn into Rivers' go-to guy, the Chargers offense will continue to roll along without a hitch. I really hope they don't view Crayton as the #2, because IMO he is nothing more than a #3 receiver at best.
              I'd have to agree. Crayton has shown flashes of brilliance, but not often enough to be better than #3.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                I'd have to agree. Crayton has shown flashes of brilliance, but not often enough to be better than #3.
                I think AJ Smith and Norv Turner are hedging their bets on the fact that any lack of consistency had more to do with Tony Romo than Crayton's ability.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                  I think AJ Smith and Norv Turner are hedging their bets on the fact that any lack of consistency had more to do with Tony Romo than Crayton's ability.
                  Eh, I refuse to get excited about a re-tread receiver signed for a 7th round pick. There is a long list of free-agents and traded players that we have gotten excited about, only to see them fail to live up to the hype:

                  Nathan Vasher
                  Kevin Burnett
                  Derek Smith
                  Kynan Forney
                  Chris Chambers
                  Travis Johnson
                  Marlon McCree
                  Clinton Hart
                  Blawoh Jue
                  etc.

                  The list goes on. Free-agents and trades like this rarely give you what you think you're getting. There is a reason the Cowboys were gonna let Crayton go if the Chargers hadn't come through with a 7th rounder. He is nothing special.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X