Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Mathews - No TD celebration on first TD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Mathews - No TD celebration on first TD.

Sept. 9, 2010 8:35 p.m. - RB Ryan Mathews is not practicing a dance for his first touchdown even it comes on Monday night against the Chiefs. “I just plan to give the ball back to the ref,” Mathews said. “Give my line a big hug and head back to bench.” Chargers RapidReports

CBS Sports

Considering LT has been doing his thing for years and the Chargers' reputation as a mentally juvenile team (see: 2009 Jets playoff game) this is significant. If he does this I may just become a fan of his, it's a classy thing to do. More "we" less "me."

Please no questions about why I'm not a supporter, Ryan Leaf looked pretty good in the preseason too.
    sigpic

I think the kid is for real if he can stay healthy.

I like his comment. It reminds me of what Chris Peterson says, "Act like you've been there before."
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      I think the kid is for real if he can stay healthy.

I like his comment. It reminds me of what Chris Peterson says, "Act like you've been there before."
      I think you are right on both counts.
      sigpic

Comment

I got stuck with the 9th pick in two of my four fantasy drafts and took Matthews both times, I am hoping for that reason he has a good year
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
          I got stuck with the 9th pick in two of my four fantasy drafts and took Matthews both times, I am hoping for that reason he has a good year
          The problem with Mathews in the first round is that he is a 2-down back. Norv is gonna take him out on 3rd downs unless it's 3rd and 1. Also, it was obvious that Norv was trying to placate Tomlinson with lots of goalline touches. He won't afford Mathews the same luxury. I would guess that Tolbert will be a goalline vulture at times.

Nevertheless, 1,200 yards and 10 TD's sounds about right. He should be able to rip off some long runs with his speed and ability to get to the corner.

Comment

Who's ryan mattttthews?

oh him...

he's okay...

yeah he's always been pretty disciplined, even in college. The only celebrations i've seen him do when he reaches end zone was point at the crowd. I'm sure he has done some celebrations but i haven't seen it/remember it.

He's a good guy and a great north/south RB. You guys got a steal. IMO he was the #1 RB in the draft.... I'm glad though he got picked up at 12.

Comment

Working...
            X