Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does San Diego Have Blackout Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does San Diego Have Blackout Issues?

Gonna post this little population graph and then run away. Too darn early to tackle this just now.

Your Thoughts?
    sigpic

Some issues are discussed pretty well in this BC thread about the new proposed Chargers Stadium.

I'll write my thoughts here one day, I promise.
    sigpic

Comment

Did you watch last night's game and how Phillip River acted on national TV?

That's why~

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
        Did you watch last night's game and how Phillip River acted on national TV?

That's why~
        This is not the smack section.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
          This is not the smack section.
          I don't really think that's smack. I know a lot of people who would be turned off by those actions and would have trouble getting behind a team that is led by a person who acts that way. It's a legitimate concern. He is representing your franchise and if people don't like who they see on the field, they aren't going to support your team. But that's not a major reason as to why there are potential blackouts. Not even a minor reason at this point, I've never visited San Diego so I can't really say why or even guess why there is a lack of support.

Comment

This isn't smack talk, purely my opinion from my experience. I lived in SD in the early 2000's. Your team has a 50% bandwagon/50% trueblue fanbase. Anyone remember the sweetheart deal the Chargers had with the city? If they didn't sell 60,000 seats then the city stepped in and bought the rest. I personally went to multiple games for free because of that (my friends wife worked for the city). Loyalty has been a major issue for a lot of California teams.

Here's a couple of links to check out:

http://www.sandiego.gov/chargersissues/
            http://www.sandiego.gov/chargersissu...tguarantee.pdf

Comment

Nobody wants to see the team sleepwalk through the first month of the season.

I know how this story goes. The Chargers start out badly, drop a few games to teams they should beat, everyone piles on saying that they are no good anymore, and then they band together and win 8-12 straight games to end the season.

Why bother wasting money to watch them in September?

...or January for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
                Nobody wants to see the team sleepwalk through the first month of the season.

I know how this story goes. The Chargers start out badly, drop a few games to teams they should beat, everyone piles on saying that they are no good anymore, and then they band together and win 8-12 straight games to end the season.

Why bother wasting money to watch them in September?

...or January for that matter
                That is why.

And i don't much like the "disclaimer" of not being smack, because just assume we aren't trying to be smackful, but its not intentional.

If SD fans don't want to "waste their time/money" to support their team, then its obvious the reason for the blackouts.

There is NO excuse for it. not one.

especially with a team as dominant as the chargers in a city as populated as SD

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                  That is why.

And i don't much like the "disclaimer" of not being smack, because just assume we aren't trying to be smackful, but its not intentional.

If SD fans don't want to "waste their time/money" to support their team, then its obvious the reason for the blackouts.

There is NO excuse for it. not one.

especially with a team as dominant as the chargers in a city as populated as SD
                  My post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I am obviously frustrated about the slow starts and the loss to Kansas City, but it's not gonna stop me from going to the Chargers / Jags game on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
                    My post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I am obviously frustrated about the slow starts and the loss to Kansas City, but it's not gonna stop me from going to the Chargers / Jags game on Sunday.
                    Yeah its not necessarily aimed towards those of you on these boards because you guys are diehards, but the regular fan hates september/october for the chargers... and you have a point.

Comment

As a fellow Californian I have to say, that stadium is one of the biggest turnoffs. No smack talk just from personal experience. Usually on big games San Diego's biggest issue is that there are 1500 expensive seats that the field of view is just terrible, block off partial or something of that sort I read. I just felt that stadium is out of date for the times. Even though I have to say, seeing metallica and gun n roses there in mid 90s was one hell of an experience :thumb:
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X