No announcement yet.

Non-smack opinions of Mathews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he's going to be good. I think knowshon will be better in the end (I'm a homer I know) But I think both are 1000+ yard backs.
    sigpic

Comment

Still no conclusion on Mathews. He ran well before twisting his ankle. The "fumble" certainly didn't look like a fumble to me, but either way, he should've handed the ball to the official rather than letting it go while on top of the defender.

We may have to wait a few more weeks before drawing any further conclusions. Mathews says his ankle is fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is held out for a week or 2. Tolbert certainly looks capable of carrying the load.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
        Still no conclusion on Mathews. He ran well before twisting his ankle. The "fumble" certainly didn't look like a fumble to me, but either way, he should've handed the ball to the official rather than letting it go while on top of the defender.

We may have to wait a few more weeks before drawing any further conclusions. Mathews says his ankle is fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is held out for a week or 2. Tolbert certainly looks capable of carrying the load.
        yeah, we are running the ball better as a team so far and that's all theta really matters to me.

jury is still out on Mathews for sure but 2 fumbles in 2 games certainly isn't something you want to see.
        sigpic

Comment

yeah that fumble against the jags was somewhat generic and very sketchy at best. i don't see the kid with a fumbling issue - only real true to form fumble he had from my point of view was in the rain to a infamously elite stripper of the ball dating back to his long horn days.

Comment

I got him in my keeper league. Honestly, I hope he sucks, but I think he'll be a stud.
            Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              yeah, we are running the ball better as a team so far and that's all theta really matters to me.

jury is still out on Mathews for sure but 2 fumbles in 2 games certainly isn't something you want to see.
              I don't think he will have fumblosis.

I do like Mathews but I'm just afraid the brass will settle into the workhorse RB mentality. Honestly I want him to SPLIT carries with Tolbert, particularly at the beginning of the game, then sprinkle in some Sproles towards the end.

We have a nice little flotilla of RB's, shame we can't seem to use them in ways that best suit their skill set.

*glare at Chargers OC and The Norvulous One*
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X