Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vincent Jackson apparently not getting traded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    Doesn't he only need to report for the last 6 games? Week 10?
    because the chargers put him on the roster except list and when he does show up he will need to serve a 3 game suspension before being eligible to play in week 10.

now that i think about it, i think he may have to show up by week 7 actually.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      because the chargers put him on the roster except list and when he does show up he will need to serve a 3 game suspension before being eligible to play in week 10.

now that i think about it, i think he may have to show up by week 7 actually.
      Yep. And he may do just that.

He has been given assurances by the NFLPA that they will go to bat for him and make sure that he is an unrestricted Free Agent under the next CBA. But there are no guarantees that will happen. The owners like the power of restricted free-agency, and they hate the idea of players getting what they want by holding out. What will the NFLPA be willing to give up in order to secure unrestricted free-agency for exactly 2 players (Mankins and Jackson)?

The reality is that Vincent Jackson is in a bind, and he may be forced to report in week 7 just to make sure that he's not in the same exact spot next year.

Comment

Working...
      X