Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the chargers have the worst special teams i have ever seen in the NFL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    do you think that is the main reason? idk, he is just one guy and we have all sorts of problems on ST's still.
    when it comes to the returns i think its a HUGE missing piece. Although lately it hasn't seemed to be a problem. But how many times does the first guy down after a punt, miss the tackle or even run right by the returner because hes going to fast. Never seen that happen to osgood, it was either a fair catch or him downing the ball.
    sigpic

Comment

oh and it's not osgood

osgood only accounts for punt coverage

he wouldn't have fixed the long snapping problem and the punt rush blocking problem

osgood would have possibly eliminated some return tds, but even then the chargers allowed 3 return tds last year as well

the main problem has been the blocked kicks, and that's got nothing to do with osgood
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
        when it comes to the returns i think its a HUGE missing piece. Although lately it hasn't seemed to be a problem. But how many times does the first guy down after a punt, miss the tackle or even run right by the returner because hes going to fast. Never seen that happen to osgood, it was either a fair catch or him downing the ball.
        that's the reason spillman got cut lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
          oh and it's not osgood

osgood only accounts for punt coverage

he wouldn't have fixed the long snapping problem and the punt rush blocking problem

osgood would have possibly eliminated some return tds, but even then the chargers allowed 3 return tds last year as well

the main problem has been the blocked kicks, and that's got nothing to do with osgood
          Hes not the only reason why our STs is struggling but if he was here i wouldn't be holding my breath every time we punt(assuming we got the punt off lol ). Its also not only the TDs we allowed its the 15 and 20 yd returns that last year would have been stopped dead in their tracks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            Not a chance. The Cowboys ST is GOD compared to SD's... SD is the only team in the NFL, or NCAA, that I could expect the punt or kick to be blocked every time.

As for Denver's ST, they all were off in that game, I don't know what's up. You're not going to make all your kicks, but come on, you could take anyone on these boards and they could kick a PAT. Colquitt was worse than Mitch Berger (will maybe not that bad). I really hope Punter doesn't become a huge draft/FA need once again.
            Its the Broncos, the one thing we can count on is a new punter every year.

Comment

un freaking believable.....

i have never been more embarrassed to be a chargers fan, that includes the 1-15 season. i am sure crosby will still have his job after this too.

sigpic

Comment

3 huge mistakes already for you guys, i never thought id see worse STs than the broncos . . . guess i was wrong
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  3 huge mistakes already for you guys, i never thought id see worse STs than the broncos . . . guess i was wrong
                  no special teams has ever been worse in the NFL, that i have seen.
                  sigpic

Comment

Didn't see what happened earlier..

I'll take a guess, fumble from SD or deep return from Hou?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

Blocked punt, I believe.
                      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

Hester caught a punt and took it out of bounds when he shouldn't have and put the Chargers inside their own 5, then they went 3 and out, then the punt was blocked.

And later they had a fumble lost, and also a penalty that negated a 40+ yard return by sproles.

Yeah, I'd say the chargers have the worst ST/fumbling problem in football.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                          Hester caught a punt and took it out of bounds when he shouldn't have and put the Chargers inside their own 5, then they went 3 and out, then the punt was blocked.

And later they had a fumble lost, and also a penalty that negated a 40+ yard return by sproles.

Yeah, I'd say the chargers have the worst ST/fumbling problem in football.
                          Actually the Hester mistake was on the kick off to start the game, makes it much worse. Probably would of gone out of bounds and been spotted at the 40.

It's the bye week now...time for a new STs coach to come in and get this fixed ASAP.
                          Last edited by CHARGER$; 11-07-2010, 02:27 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                            Actually the Hester mistake was on the kick off to start the game, makes it much worse. Probably would of gone out of bounce and been spotted at the 40.

It's the bye week now...time for a new STs coach to come in and get this fixed ASAP.
                            Yeah my bad. I turned the game on after the fact and just caught a snippet. I knew it was a mistake, wasn't sure of all the exact details

It's really weird that the ST coach is still employed at this point. If he's not gone after the bye..... I don't know what to say to that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                              Yeah my bad. I turned the game on after the fact and just caught a snippet. I knew it was a mistake, wasn't sure of all the exact details

It's really weird that the ST coach is still employed at this point. If he's not gone after the bye..... I don't know what to say to that.
                              i am sure they can find an unemployed division AA special teams coach that could come in and do a better job than hes doing.

he isn't gonna get fired i have a feeling, its total BS.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                                i am sure they can find an unemployed division AA special teams coach that could come in and do a better job than hes doing.

he isn't gonna get fired i have a feeling, its total BS.
                                Well winning games in spite of those issues isn't helping that cause any. Probably the same reason Norv is still employed too. Not trying to talk smack, just saying that winning games where there are so many mistakes, makes the case for firing a coach all the more difficult at whatever level you're talking about. While you can do that sort of thing in the regular season, the playoffs make those problems seem exacerbated because of the quality of the opponents. It's probably a testament to Rivers abilities that you guys are able to get wins out of games like that more than anything.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X