• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puddleglum
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    It's the Broncos defense, i could run for 100+ yds, and 2 TD's
    Nailed it.

Tolbert as the starter till Mathews stops averaging "meh" and figures out how to protect the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Skywalker
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    seeing how Mathews played today made the chargers future look even brighter. :thumb:
    Yeah man, he looked impressive today, but you have to consider who he was playing lol. There has been so much pathetic tackling by the Broncos the past couple years.

I think he's going to be a great RB though.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    seeing how Mathews played today made the chargers future look even brighter. :thumb:
    It's the Broncos defense, i could run for 100+ yds, and 2 TD's

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    its not hard to figure out if you followed the chargers at all and are looking at it fairly and not from a biased point of view.

horrid special teams and protecting the football was the main reason the chargers are not in the playoffs.

it all comes down to coaching, yes this is on the coaching staff in my opinion.

they cant expect to sit a lot of their players during TC so they don't get hurt (especially young guys) and then expect them to play at a high level right out of the gate.

norv needs to seriously take a step back and re-evaluate how he runs his training camp, his practices, and the way he prepares for games.

we need to hit the ground running right out of the gate, we need to prepare better each and every week, we need to play fundamentally sound.

the only season we did that since we have been good lately was 2006 and we won 14 games.

this is what needs to be fixed, its not injuries, its not the talent we have, its not norv's play calling.

its the coaching aspect, which norv sucks at.

i really wish we could bring in a different head coach and keep norv as the OC but that isn't possible, which is why i understand the reasoning behind keeping him.

well that and the fact that he gets along with AJ.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
    True, but the Chargers are closing in on the record for roster moves made in a season, they may already have it now. There's no one reason why this team didn't reach its potential, there's a myriad of them.
    you have to consider that a lot of those moves were made to attempt to fix the special teams and were not due to injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    Everybody has injuries. Injuries aren't why the Chargers failed this year. Choking against supposedly inferior teams is why the failed this year.
    True, but the Chargers are closing in on the record for roster moves made in a season, they may already have it now. There's no one reason why this team didn't reach its potential, there's a myriad of them.

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    - AJ Smith: Will Dean Spanos (Chargers owner) fire him? No
    - Norv Turner: Was this his last chance? No, sad to say.
    - Ron Rivera: Will he leave for a head coaching job? Likely
    - Notable Free Agents: Resign? -> Vincent Jackson, Darren Sproles, Malcom Floyd, Legedu Naanee, Randy McMichael, Eric Weddle, Stephen Cooper, Kevin Burnett, Brandon Siler. If we don't resign Weddle our defense is gonna be terrible. Good pick-up for another team though. Let Sproles, and Cooper walk though.
    - Stadium Situation: Will the Chargers opt out come February 2011 and announce their move to Los Angeles? Yes

Leave a comment:

• DancingHorsey
    replied
    Originally posted by vcooper3 View Post
    Injuries and absent players caught up with SD this year. Another team with a prominent QB (Colts) had the same issue. Only reason Colts are about to go to the playoffs is that the Jaguars stumbled in games they should have won (last weekend vs. Washington).
    Everybody has injuries. Injuries aren't why the Chargers failed this year. Choking against supposedly inferior teams is why the failed this year.

Leave a comment:

• vcooper3
    replied
    Injuries and absent players caught up with SD this year. Another team with a prominent QB (Colts) had the same issue. Only reason Colts are about to go to the playoffs is that the Jaguars stumbled in games they should have won (last weekend vs. Washington).

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblues View Post
    That's good to know. I did notice people are starting to like Rivers more and more...

But anyways, is this the first team to have a #1 Offense and #1 Defense to not make the playoffs?
    Ouch. That's ALMOST as bad as having a 3 game division lead with 3 games to play and not making the playoffs.

Seriously though? Do the Chargers just like to go against trends? I don't think there's ever been a coach/gm pool like there will be at the end of this season. San Diego could get ANYBODY to come and coach that team, and they should've done it this year while they've still got the players. Also wouldn't have been a bad move while most of the rest of the league is in coach turnover too.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Chargers have a franchise quarterback. They'll be fine. Teams go decades trying to find that guy. It has been strange seeing the insurgence of KC and Oaktown though. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in a, "I think I'm going to puke" kind of way.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Safety View Post
    Dean Spanos says Norv Turner and AJ Reed will return next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5962286
    Great news, at least we know they won't be winning anything relevant anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• DancingHorsey
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblues View Post
    That's good to know. I did notice people are starting to like Rivers more and more...

But anyways, is this the first team to have a #1 Offense and #1 Defense to not make the playoffs?
    To be blunt, you have to know by now that your team has case of Ortonitis right? They put up nice stats but when push comes to shove they can't get it done. Part of the problem is definitely Norv Turner. Part of the problem is what has cursed the Broncos since our Super Bowl wins: lack of toughness and leadership. The Chargers just aren't a hard-nosed, fiery team that fights for sixty minutes. Honestly they're kind of soft. Not sure what can be done about that other than revamping the coaching staff and roster. One or the other won't work. You need to infuse both with toughness and an undying will to win. Good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• Safety
    replied
    Dean Spanos says Norv Turner and AJ Reed will return next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5962286

Leave a comment:

Working...
X