X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puddleglum
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i hope they lose, i mean if the fans want it they are horrible fans, plus i am confident we can get good D-line help the main need, plus the more we win the easier it is to trade down and the better chance we get jordan and a better line
    Then that would make me a horrible fan.

I've considered making a giant post in this forum about the Chargers 2010 in review but every time I gear up to it I start moping around and I decide to do something else.

Not sure anyone has noticed but I have practically stop coming to these boards, not because the people here aren't great but I just get so miffed thinking about the Chargers these days. It's not that they are not going to the playoffs, it's WHY they are not going to the playoffs. IMHO they are one of the worst coached teams in the league and the brass has no desire to change that.

This whole year I've been worried every time our punter comes out, and I genuinely now believe that our kicker couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 35 yards. Every time one of our RB's gets the ball I now PRESUME it's only a matter of time until they fumble it (I've said plenty of bad things about LT but I will say that ball security was something he practiced).

The 2010 Chargers have over the course of a couple of months turned me into a pessimist. Heck, IMO Rivers shouldn't have even gotten any MVP hype as we had so many red zone attempts at the ends of multiple games that gave us a real chance of winning the game but we fell on our faces for whatever reason (Buster Davis I'm talking to you).

I believe the Chargers are still the best team in this division (which I am proud to say has made great strides this year), call me a homer if you wish as I really don't care. The thing is those Chiefs have played with more heart this year than the Chargers have the last 3 years combined. They wanted it more and guess what? They got it.

I always root for the winner of the AFC west in the playoffs so for the next couple weeks, I'm a Chiefs fan.

Besides I want the Chargers to lose because they are a bunch of prima donnas, losing is good for them. The press blows them up all year and they think they just flat out deserve something. I wouldn't be upset with the Chargers if they were truly playing at their ability with their hearts in each game like the Chiefs, problem is that's exactly the opposite of how I describe them.

Regardless, we could use the better slot as AJ is gonna blow our first and second round picks anyway. Rounds 3 to UDFA's look out though!

/rant off

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    i hope they lose, i mean if the fans want it they are horrible fans, plus i am confident we can get good D-line help the main need, plus the more we win the easier it is to trade down and the better chance we get jordan and a better line

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    I think its partly due to the fact that most of those fans have yet to witness a season without a playoff berth... The ones that had stuck around through the crap days are probably less vocal, just like over here on these forums...

Though we never wish to lose a football game, its just the opposite of what you strive to do..

I'm sure none of the charger fans here would wish that on their team neither, because they seem to be the types of fans that would stick around if they go 1-15 again...

who knows though, we'll see i guess.

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    started a topic Why the Cynicism?

Why the Cynicism?

I'm looking through multiple threads on the Chargers forums, and I'm seeing the majority wants you to lose against "Tebow" next week to get you guys a better draft pick.

That just doesn't sit well. We've been eliminated for weeks, but this win felt great. We have an abominable record, yet I'd hate to see the team sit out and give in. I'm glad the Broncos finally showed up, actually. I don't want to ever see a #2 or #3 pick again in this lifetime. I want to see competition on Sundays -- at least that's how it ought to be.

But you guys are in a good position going into 2011. You have a lot off your backs, and a long offseason to build on. But this is still the regular season. I hope to see you play your best against the Broncos this Sunday, and leave this season with something to reflect and improve on. There's too little football in a year for giving up!
    Last edited by Fargo; 12-27-2010, 01:00 PM.
Working...
X