Clear All

• There isn't a better , more honest interview, than rivers

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...e-fallen-short

love this guy!
    sigpic

Honestly, I love Philip Rivers too.

Comment

boy oh boy that guy was asking some tough questions lol

that was a great interview, thanks for posting.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        We're lucky to have him, no doubt about it.
        sigpic

Comment

I love his interviews.

He was on with Dan the other morning, and it was a fun interview.

Dan asked him if he could talk some trash, and he said it was always clean and it couldn't be put on the spot. He said "if we get a big completion, play or TD, and I run by a guy I know went to Bama, I'll give 'em a little 'Roll Tide!!'." It was hilarious.

Dan also asked him if he would choose himself first overall in fantasy, and Rivers said "if the criteria for QB's in that fantasy league were scoring TD's, it'd be hard not to take me".

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            I love his interviews.

He was on with Dan the other morning, and it was a fun interview.

Dan asked him if he could talk some trash, and he said it was always clean and it couldn't be put on the spot. He said "if we get a big completion, play or TD, and I run by a guy I know went to Bama, I'll give 'em a little 'Roll Tide!!'." It was hilarious.

Dan also asked him if he would choose himself first overall in fantasy, and Rivers said "if the criteria for QB's in that fantasy league were scoring TD's, it'd be hard not to take me".

got a link to the pod cast by chance? that does sound Hilarius.

sounds like Phil has been in a few FF leagues in his time.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, everything he says sounds all true to me.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                got a link to the pod cast by chance? that does sound Hilarius.

sounds like Phil has been in a few FF leagues in his time.
                http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/08/29...a-quarterback/
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

awesome stuff, the guy is just so pure, i'd enjoy his interviews regardless of team
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks man.
                    sigpic

Comment

One word Awesome )

Comment

Couldn't get through the interview, dude says "Uhhh" way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post
                          Couldn't get through the interview, dude says "Uhhh" way too much.
                          Finally someone points out the despicable truth! We have a big problem Charger-heads, it is clear that Philip Rivers is not a trained orator!

Can you imagine the sheer gall of having your QB, the leader of a football team out there trying to pump up the team without said QB going through a rigorous and extensive crash-course in oration? NO! IT MUST STOP NOW! We must put him through training right away, and while we're at it we should also look into hiring a speech writer, a joke writer, and a smack talk writer just to be safe.

This actually dovetails beautifully into another problem. Rivers is the "face" of the franchise these days. Does he have the FACE of a leader? I think he needs to get some plastic surgery done on his chin. We all know the saying "Your leader amounts to butt if their chin ain't got that jut." I also think the lack of hair is an issue, all truly powerful leaders draw strength from their haircut.

Now that we're on the subject of appearance, I'm sick and tired of Rivers being interviewed in sleeveless t-shirts and a hat. Do you think that the founding fathers of the United States of America showed up to sign the declaration of independence in sleeveless t-shirts? No they showed up in those ridiculously frilly suits and the wigs. He is obviously in dire need of a fashion consultant.

Since we're on the subject of his image, I'm afraid that the fact that he is a married man with children drives away female fans and if we can't please everyone than what the heck has this all been for? So I suggest the Chargers hire Rivers a prestigious law firm to help him divorce his wife and disown his children in a very public manner.

If history has taught us anything it's that we should judge people by how they look and speak. The steps that I have outlined here will without a doubt deliver us a more polished, happier Phillip Rivers and that will ultimately make him effective enough to snag us our first Championship.

So thank you Cahill, thank you for saying what all the fans in Charger land were too afraid...nay too ignorant to say. Since I have the attention of such a learned individual as yourself I would plead with you to read the work of a philosophical contemporary of mine called A Modest Proposal.
                          Last edited by Puddleglum; 09-11-2011, 06:14 PM. Reason: It seems my brain moves faster than my fingers.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                            Finally someone points out the despicable truth! We have a big problem Charger-heads, it is clear that Philip Rivers is not a trained orator!

Can you imagine the sheer gall of having your QB, the leader of a football team out there trying to pump up the team without said QB going through a rigorous and extensive crash-course in oration? NO! IT MUST STOP NOW! We must put him through training right away, and while we're at it we should also look into hiring a speech writer, a joke writer, and a smack talk writer just to be safe.

This actually dovetails beautifully into another problem. Rivers is the "face" of the franchise these days. Does he have the FACE of a leader? I think he needs to get some plastic surgery done on his chin. We all know the saying "Your leader amounts to butt if their chin ain't got that jut." I also think the lack of hair is an issue, all truly powerful leaders draw strength from their haircut.

Now that we're on the subject of appearance, I'm sick and tired of Rivers being interviewed in sleeveless t-shirts and a hat. Do you think that the founding fathers of the United States of America showed up to sign the declaration of independence in sleeveless t-shirts? No they showed up in those ridiculously frilly suits and the wigs. He is obviously in dire need of a fashion consultant.

Since we're on the subject of his image, I'm afraid that the fact that he is a married man with children drives away female fans and we can't please everyone that what the heck has this all been for? So I suggest the Chargers hire Rivers a prestigious law firm to help him divorce his wife and disown his children is a very public manner.

If history has taught us anything it's that we should judge people by how they look and speak. The steps that I have outlined here will without a doubt deliver us a more polished, happier Phillip Rivers and that will ultimately make him effective enough to snag us our first Championship.

So thank you Cahill, thank you for saying what all the fans in Charger land were too afraid...nay too ignorant to say. Since I have the attention of such a learned individual as yourself I would plead with you to read the work of a philosophical contemporary of mine called A Modest Proposal.
                            All I said was that I couldn't sit through his interview due to that reason. I never stated anything about his leadership skills, his ability to be a face of the franchise, or judging his character and decency as a human being at all based upon his appearance or ability to speak. I simply have a pet peeve when it comes to people saying Uhhh everytime they pause. Don't know why you got so defensive and began to make very large assumptions like that though?

And if you've ever read any of my posts in the "Talkin' Smack" from the last 1-2 years, you'd know that I have immense respect for Philip Rivers. He is one of the best quarterbacks in the game.

I apologize for not enjoying his interview though, didn't mean to offend you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post
                              All I said was that I couldn't sit through his interview due to that reason. I never stated anything about his leadership skills, his ability to be a face of the franchise, or judging his character and decency as a human being at all based upon his appearance or ability to speak. I simply have a pet peeve when it comes to people saying Uhhh everytime they pause. Don't know why you got so defensive and began to make very large assumptions like that though?

And if you've ever read any of my posts in the "Talkin' Smack" from the last 1-2 years, you'd know that I have immense respect for Philip Rivers. He is one of the best quarterbacks in the game.

I apologize for not enjoying his interview though, didn't mean to offend you.
                              I didn't read his post as being defensive, I thought he was being amusing and probably should have had it all in green ink. I also thought it was pretty funny.

It's a horrible thing to have your QB married to his Jr. Hi. sweetheart and never do anything at all controversial off the field (or for that matter on the field any more).
                              Last edited by girlzarefanstoo; 09-27-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X