Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luis Castillo and Nate Kaeding out for the season....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis Castillo and Nate Kaeding out for the season....

Tough news for the #Chargers. Per @davidcanter, both PK Nate Kaeding and DE Luis Castillo are done for the year, both with knee injuries.

http://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballWkly

Not a good look for the chargers.

Comment

damn special teams......
      sigpic

Comment

They won.. but at a high cost.
        looks like the Rams suffered a bunch of injuries, too.

QB Bradford - finger
        RB Jackson - Hammy

Broncs do not have the depth to absorb a lot of injuries, either.
        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
          They won.. but at a high cost.
          looks like the Rams suffered a bunch of injuries, too.

QB Bradford - finger
          RB Jackson - Hammy

Broncs do not have the depth to absorb a lot of injuries, either.
          Josh McDaniels brought the bad luck to ST Louis with the injuries and their first lost.

Comment

Injuries are never cool

Hope these guys can get healthy
            sigpic
            Thank you Charger$

Comment

I'm thinking addition by subtraction.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Tough news for the #Chargers. Per @davidcanter, both PK Nate Kaeding and DE Luis Castillo are done for the year, both with knee injuries.

http://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballWkly
                the castillo part hurts alot, he was good vs the run

i guess this means we pull back nwagbuo....i like him, hope we get him back, sucks for castillo though
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                  I'm thinking addition by subtraction.
                  How so, Castillo is decent, and now your DL is weaker.

Kaeding is one of the top K's in the league until the playoffs, both will be missed, make no mistake about it.

Comment

Hmmm... Kaeding loss might help you guys as long as you get into the playoffs.

Comment

kickers aren't hard to replace, they're not really that big a part of the game, unless they're failing you in the playoffs (kaeding)

but castillo's a big hit, like i said, hopefully we reel back nwagbuo, i always liked him, and to me he was a surprise cut

if we can find another diamond in the rough like garay was, that would also be awesome
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                        kickers aren't hard to replace, they're not really that big a part of the game, unless they're failing you in the playoffs (kaeding)

but castillo's a big hit, like i said, hopefully we reel back nwagbuo, i always liked him, and to me he was a surprise cut

if we can find another diamond in the rough like garay was, that would also be awesome
                        I think Kaeding is still a pretty big loss. I recall two years ago against the Bengals he made a clutch kick and makes his fair share during the season. Cowboys from last year are evidence that not all kickers on the FA market are servicable. Chargers will survive though.

But Castillo is a big hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                          I think Kaeding is still a pretty big loss. I recall two years ago against the Bengals he made a clutch kick and makes his fair share during the season. Cowboys from last year are evidence that not all kickers on the FA market are servicable. Chargers will survive though.

But Castillo is a big hit.
                          that's like only one of two clutch regular season kicks he's ever made

kaeding a big loss?

i'm sorry, that's hilarious

castillo sure, but kaeding?

the height of hilarity
                          sigpic

Comment

maybe we can trade volek to indy for vinatieri lol
                            sigpic

Comment

How so, Castillo is decent, and now your DL is weaker.
                              We actually ended up cutting a local kid by the name of Ogemdi Nwagbuo who has played DE and NT for us, I believe he was a victim of the roster #'s as he didn't look too bad out there in preseason.

I'd be shocked if we didn't pick Nwagbuo back up and Vaugh Martin (the backup who has looked much improved) would then become the starter.

Keep in mind, Castillo is often called "Glasstillo" even on local radio, this is not a new situation by any means. He doesn't suck, but I just don't think he is that good either. Vaughn Martin will have a chance to get a big contract and I think he'll take it. We will miss his experience and veteran presence, but I think Martin can be better with some reps.

Kaeding is one of the top K's in the league until the playoffs, both will be missed, make no mistake about it.
                              If we snare a kicker who is mediocre in both the regular season and playoffs, we'll have made an upgrade over Kaeding.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X