Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers VS Patriots

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chargers VS Patriots

    i don't know about anyone else but i am pumped for this game, going to be hard to pull out the victory but at least our guys don't have to wake up too early to enter the gauntlet.

    really really hope we win but my guy feeling says we wont. the chargers are too sloppy at this point in the season and looked far from firing on all cylinders last week.

    patriots 31

    chargers 28
    sigpic

  • #2
    i hope we win, but NE in NE is damn tough

    at least it's not in winter, but then again last time we went up there in week 2, we got murdered, but then also again, we got to the afccg after that week 2 murder game

    so while i really want to get over this slow start crap, the game looks to be actually more important for the pats, as their division already looks like it's getting tougher by the second, while our division might just be getting really bad again.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
      i hope we win, but NE in NE is damn tough

      at least it's not in winter, but then again last time we went up there in week 2, we got murdered, but then also again, we got to the afccg after that week 2 murder game

      so while i really want to get over this slow start crap, the game looks to be actually more important for the pats, as their division already looks like it's getting tougher by the second, while our division might just be getting really bad again.
      Yeah, we had the misfortune of being the 1st team to play them after the “SpyGate” scandal broke, and they were just laying the wood to everyone after that to prove that their rings were not the results of their illegal videotaping of opponents.

      I’ll go to my grave believing that if we had either Gates or LT healthy for that AFC Championship game, we would’ve won it. They are both real good at finding the end zone, and as close as we got to it numerous times in that game, you can bet that they would’ve been able to punch it in for 6 at least once, maybe more. Add in the points we got from Kaeding (we can’t add all 12 because a few of those field goals would not have been kicked) and I like our chances of winning, especially if we had scored 2 or more touchdowns.
      “I’m your huckleberry!”

      Comment


      • #4
        This will be one of the few times this year I root for the Chargers.

        I think SD definitely has the talent to win, especially if your special teams don't blow it. That's a whole other rant about your coaching staff and GM though.....

        Let's also hope that nobody bumps into TB and gets a roughing the passer penalty.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

        Comment


        • #5
          Could we win?

          Hell yes!

          Does it seem we somehow always lose to the Patriots?

          Hell yes!

          Let's hope the Bolts don't defeat themselves again.

          I'm not expecting a win, in fact I think I'll predict the Patriots to win in my pickums this week, but I will happily lose that pickum!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            really really hope we win but my guy feeling says we wont. the chargers are too sloppy at this point in the season and looked far from firing on all cylinders last week.
            Certainly excited, and if I'm being honest I'm certainly worried. You bring up some great points here.

            Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            then again last time we went up there in week 2, we got murdered, but then also again, we got to the afccg after that week 2 murder game.
            I still remember that game, I was driving someone to the airport while listening to the game on the radio. One of the longest drives home I've ever had.

            Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            I think SD definitely has the talent to win, especially if your special teams don't blow it. That's a whole other rant about your coaching staff and GM though.....

            Let's also hope that nobody bumps into TB and gets a roughing the passer penalty.
            I'd agree, on paper I believe we win, but to be fair SD has had that in most games for years now. Between going to the east coast and being one of the worst coached teams in the league I'm expecting a loss after seeing Brady kick the Dolphins like that.

            Originally posted by Bolt4LifeSD View Post
            Let's hope the Bolts don't defeat themselves again.
            Key to the game right there. (technically it's the key to any game but particularly so when it's the Patriots)

            *******************************************

            This is going to be one heck of a test for our defense, after the game I think we'll know if we are legitimate contenders or are coasting again.

            Donald Butler is going to be tested big time having to deal with those 2 TE sets. Marcus Gilchrist is going to have his work cut out for him in the slot, and Cason is going to be picked on.

            As for the offense, they just need to remember that you need to put up 7 points to beat the Patriots not 3.

            I had the Chargers going 10-6 and beating the Patriots because of what happened last year, but I'll admit my confidence is pretty darn shaky after seeing what the Patriots did to that Dolphin defense. Some might say the Patriot defense is porous but I would not agree. They shut down the Dolphin run game and made them pass (with Chad Henne I wouldn't call that a good thing).

            Then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen so much chemistry and leadership on our defense.

            Could be a heck of a game.
            Last edited by Puddleglum; 09-16-2011, 11:46 AM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm gonna need rivers to ball(he's on my fantasy team) at the same time I need you to lose. Should be a great game.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

              Comment


              • #8
                I will be getting this game in my area. I'm excited for it. A battle between two of the best teams in the AFC. Could be a preview of what is to come in the postseason. Plus, I always enjoy getting to see what kind of product our rivals are putting on the field. Obviously I will be rooting against San Diego but I think it will be a close game, I think most football fans will enjoy this contest.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Should be a real good game

                  Two great teams with Top 5 QBs battling it out

                  I sure hope it doesnt turn into a boring 60000 yards in the air kind of game
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Charger$

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    boring game.... think ill skip this one and do some yard work or something.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Should be a good game, glad i'll get this game on Sunday.

                      I think NE edges it out, Brady rarely ever loses at home and he looked really, really good vs the Dolphins who have a top 10 D.

                      Hernandez and Gronkowski are matchup nightmares plus Welker, Branch and Ocho along with others.

                      I'd guess 31-24 Pats.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Should be a good game, glad i'll get this game on Sunday.

                        I think NE edges it out, Brady rarely ever loses at home and he looked really, really good vs the Dolphins who have a top 10 D.

                        Hernandez and Gronkowski are matchup nightmares plus Welker, Branch and Ocho along with others.

                        I'd guess 31-24 Pats.
                        never mind the match up nightmares because SD brings the same things with their offense. i will be surprised if this isn't a barn burner to be honest.

                        the difference is how sound NE looked on offense vs how SD looked, as well as the fact it is in NE.

                        i do think our defense may be better than NE's so that really is a key factor, if our defense plays good then we have a good chance.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Game of the week followed closely by Chicago/N.O.

                          But I dont see SD taking this one......

                          I love putting these games into my weekly parlays because it makes an interesting game -even more so. I have the Pats(-7) and Saints(-6.5) both covering their spreads, but either/both underdogs could pull it out and it wouldnt be a real shocker.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by red 19 View Post
                            Game of the week followed closely by Chicago/N.O.

                            But I dont see SD taking this one......

                            I love putting these games into my weekly parlays because it makes an interesting game -even more so. I have the Pats(-7) and Saints(-6.5) both covering their spreads, but either/both underdogs could pull it out and it wouldnt be a real shocker.
                            philly vs atlanta is a good one as well.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              never mind the match up nightmares because SD brings the same things with their offense. i will be surprised if this isn't a barn burner to be honest.

                              the difference is how sound NE looked on offense vs how SD looked, as well as the fact it is in NE.

                              i do think our defense may be better than NE's so that really is a key factor, if our defense plays good then we have a good chance.
                              Partially true, but Hernandez/Gronko are Brady's go-to targets, not to mention Welker, Branch and Ocho as well.

                              Yep, they looked in mid-season form.

                              Pretty much depends if you can get to Brady or not, and it is better, but NE's D is pretty young.

                              They do have a stout DL with Albert (if he's motivated), Wilfork and Ellis.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X