Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puddleglum
    replied
    Cason, has been very Jekyll and Hyde just like every fact of the Chargers if we are being realistic.

A.J. couldn't pick them in the first round if his life depended on it.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    the D is holding up their end in terms of overall
    even the special teams is doing great compared to last year

the O , particulary the passing game, is wayyyyy off
    in terms of yards overall yes. but they got shredded by one of the worst offenses in the NFL last week and they are below average in the league in terms of scoring defense.

we have only played one good offense so far as well. the defense seemed to have taken a huge step back this year so far.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    the D is holding up their end in terms of overall

even the special teams is doing great compared to last year

the O , particulary the passing game, is wayyyyy off

Leave a comment:

• SoCal Dominance
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblues View Post
    That something was hire a better D-Coach during the off season. We should have gotten Wade Phillips back.

Prime Chargers defense was in 2006 under Wade.
    I’m not positive, but I think Wade Phillips was already hired in Houston by the time Rivera was hired by Carolina, and we hired Greg Manusky, so we may not have even had a chance at getting Wade back….would’ve been nice though, our defense really shined when he was here and he seems to be more aggressive & effective at pressuring opposing quarterbacks than anyone we’ve hired since him.

Leave a comment:

• powderblues
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    all i know is our defense sucks, something needs to be done.
    That something was hire a better D-Coach during the off season. We should have gotten Wade Phillips back.

Prime Chargers defense was in 2006 under Wade.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    all i know is our defense sucks, something needs to be done.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    great news

cason looks lost alot ever since getting some nice turnovers his rookie year

Leave a comment:

• SoCal Dominance
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblues View Post
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ng-first-team/

I don't agree with this move. Seems like Norv is just using Cason as a scapegoat. Yes, he got owned by Plaxico, but why didn't the defensive coach make adjustments in the redzone against Plaxico? Double him? Put Jammer on him? Do something!

Plaxico's first TD: Fool me once, shame on you.
    Plaxico's second TD: Fool me twice, shame on Cason.
    Plaxico's third TD: Fire Manusky!

Anyways jokes aside, Cason had one really bad game, he's been solid throughout his career and I don't think Gilchrist can play better than Cason, isn't that the only reason you should make a move in the first place?
    If this weekend were Antoine Cason’s only bad game, I would agree with you. He was pretty bad against both Kansas City & Miami too, the fact that we won those games is probably the only reason he kept his starting gig until now. He did have a decent game at Denver though, it was Cason who swatted away the 2 point conversion pass that would’ve tied the game.

If Marcus Gilchrist had struggled in the playing time he’s received so far, the veteran Cason would likely not have been demoted. Having Gilchrist practice with the #1s could also just be a way of motivating Antoine, and letting him know that if he has another bad performance, he will be demoted.

If not, I would like to see Cason’s pride kick in and watch him take his starting job back, by performing.

As for Quentin Jammer, he spent most of the day shadowing Santonio Holmes, who is usually a much more dangerous receiver than Plaxico Burress but he had a rather quiet day, likely due to Jammer’s proficiency.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    The Broncos would be happy to take such a "liability" off Norm's hands.

Leave a comment:

• powderblues
    started a topic Cason Demoted, Gilchrist Promoted

Cason Demoted, Gilchrist Promoted

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ng-first-team/

I don't agree with this move. Seems like Norv is just using Cason as a scapegoat. Yes, he got owned by Plaxico, but why didn't the defensive coach make adjustments in the redzone against Plaxico? Double him? Put Jammer on him? Do something!

Plaxico's first TD: Fool me once, shame on you.
    Plaxico's second TD: Fool me twice, shame on Cason.
    Plaxico's third TD: Fire Manusky!

Anyways jokes aside, Cason had one really bad game, he's been solid throughout his career and I don't think Gilchrist can play better than Cason, isn't that the only reason you should make a move in the first place?
Working...
X