Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Diego's new Head Coach.........

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • San Diego's new Head Coach.........





    Its time for change.... Change is coming......






    Coming soon to a coaching staff near you..... 2012


    The end of the world for San Diego

  • #2
    This is what most fans have been talking about down here:

    http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ulation-begins

    They can't get Norv packed up and ready to go quickly enough.

    Comment


    • #3
      Shooter McGavin?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        i think if AJ doesn't also get fired then jeff fisher would be the best fit.

        of AJ does get fired that makes the SD job by far the most attractive job out there and any coach could end up there.

        gruden, cowher, or fisher is my guess.

        pretty much any other coach and i will not be a happy camper.

        do not want some coordinator to try his hand at being a head coach either.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          i think if AJ doesn't also get fired then jeff fisher would be the best fit.

          of AJ does get fired that makes the SD job by far the most attractive job out there and any coach could end up there.

          gruden, cowher, or fisher is my guess.

          pretty much any other coach and i will not be a happy camper.

          do not want some coordinator to try his hand at being a head coach either.
          Who would you want as your new GM if AJ does get fired?
          sigpic

          "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
            Who would you want as your new GM if AJ does get fired?
            not sure, i don't know what potential GM's are available or looking for work as well as the fact that the right coach might want certain GM powers, especially over their player and coaching personnel.

            i think if we fire AJ we should first look to see what coach we can get then look for the best fit at GM to accommodate and work best with him (only if we can get a high profile proven coach like gruden or cowher.).

            possibly a guy he has worked well with in the past so we don't have any issues like we did with marty and AJ or ross and bethard.

            twice now we have gotten rid of good coaches because of A-hole GM's and twice it has bit us in the ass.

            but if AJ doesn't get fired god knows what we will do because our options are more limited.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              The Chargers will probably have a line of great coaches ready to take that job
              sigpic
              Thank you Charger$

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                Shooter McGavin?
                My brothers a Jags fan and I always make this joke with him...

                IMO if he ends up the HC of San Diego he may be the one coach in the league WORSE than Norv and I'd love it!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  not sure, i don't know what potential GM's are available or looking for work as well as the fact that the right coach might want certain GM powers, especially over their player and coaching personnel.

                  i think if we fire AJ we should first look to see what coach we can get then look for the best fit at GM to accommodate and work best with him (only if we can get a high profile proven coach like gruden or cowher.).

                  possibly a guy he has worked well with in the past so we don't have any issues like we did with marty and AJ or ross and bethard.

                  twice now we have gotten rid of good coaches because of A-hole GM's and twice it has bit us in the ass.

                  but if AJ doesn't get fired god knows what we will do because our options are more limited.

                  Thank you!! Just curious. Good luck on your next head coach if Norv is fired. Tough time for SD fans.
                  sigpic

                  "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I wouldnt be suprised to see a Big time coach like Gruden or Cowher going to SD. Think about it, Cowher wants to go to a team that he can win with. Give him a normal Rivers. Lets hope not.
                    From Lafayette, enough with this bandwagon nonsense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Report: Spanos will “almost certainly” fire both Smith and Turner

                      Posted by Michael David Smith on December 3, 2011, 8:40 AM EST

                      AP
                      Both Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith and head coach Norv Turner are near-locks to be fired at the end of the season, according to a report in San Diego.

                      Chargers President Dean Spanos feels he has “no choice” to fire Turner, and Spanos will “almost certainly” fire Smith as well, sources told Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune.

                      Spanos appears to be particularly worried that the fans have tuned the Chargers out, and it may take new leadership to change that.

                      It’s easy to see why the fans have tuned the Chargers out: Barring something shocking happening in December, the Chargers are going to miss the playoffs for the second consecutive season, despite playing in an AFC West that should be very winnable. Someone has to take the fall for that.

                      It has already been widely reported that that “someone” would be Turner, who in November reportedly needed a drastic turnaround to keep his job. But the “someone” may also be Smith, even though his contract runs through the 2014 season.

                      That contract requires Spanos to pay Smith $6 million over the next three years. But things have gotten so bad in San Diego that Spanos may decide that’s the cost of turning his team around.
                      Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

                      elecshoc
                      You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
                        Spanos appears to be particularly worried that the fans have tuned the Chargers out
                        I have.

                        Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
                        and it may take new leadership to change that.
                        It would.

                        Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
                        That contract requires Spanos to pay Smith $6 million over the next three years. But things have gotten so bad in San Diego that Spanos may decide that’s the cost of turning his team around.
                        We need to start a CP betting pool for if AJ stays or goes when Norv gets canned.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If, and it's a pretty big if, but if Gruden or Cowher could be coaxed back to coaching, it might be a team like San Diego. They still have enough talent left on the team to turn things around before people start getting too old.

                          I think a lot would hinge on who exactly they hire as GM.

                          And I don't think Norv or AJ are quite out yet. San Diego could still turn this thing around. That last big win against the Jags is the kind of confidence builder that the Chargers have been looking for, imo.

                          I'm scared to death that they're gonna make a run now.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X