Chargers may retain Turner and Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers may retain Turner and Smith

A "source close to the organization" believes the Chargers will retain head coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith.
    If true, it would make for Turner's greatest escape yet, as reports out of San Diego have had Turner's firing as a formality for over a month. An "NFL source" reported earlier in the day that Philip Rivers was "lobbying" for the Bolts to keep Turner, and it's possible he's swayed owner Dean Spanos. The fact that Turner was allowed to conduct his normal press conference Monday could be a sign that his fate is indeed still up in the air. An official resolution to the situation should come within the next 24 hours.

Source: CBS Sports
    sigpic

The fans aren't gonna be happy about that...

sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I think you have to fire Norv at this point. But hey, if SD wants to keep him around, be my guest.

Comment

I think AJ is the biggest problem, said it for awhile.

Comment

I personally think that AJ is the bigger problem but I would fire Norv too. He is a great OC but not so much a great HC. But I guess if they keep them both around thats probably a good thing for us. I bet Powder fans are livid about it though.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

JasonLaCanfora
            Chargers announce Norv Turner and AJ Smith will be back
            Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
            You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
              JasonLaCanfora
              Chargers announce Norv Turner and AJ Smith will be back
              Spanos must be the dumbest owner in sports, fine by me though. Don't have to worry about SD.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                Spanos must be the dumbest owner in sports, fine by me though. Don't have to worry about SD.
                Keeping AJ is dumb, i don't think Norv is the biggest problem, he's a great play-caller, and i don't think he has FO control, that's on AJ.

Comment

Working...
                X