Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeney is a Charger

Source NFL.com

He has a chance to sack his former QB now.

2 years, 8.75 million.

A bit much, but it is San Diego doing it, so no shock.
    Last edited by BroncoFanBoy; 05-18-2013, 11:32 AM.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Wow, thats a good contract from Freeney's standpoint, he must have been waiting for a payday and got one from a team that was desperate after an injury , but why in the world would he want to play in a 3-4 after that horrible experience he had last season.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

This is Chargers news. I have moved this news here and please adhere to the No Smack in this section. Thanks and
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Freeney chasing Manning
          Phillips chasing Rivers

I know Shaun Phillips is very motivated after seeing San Diego sign Freeney for that much money and he ONLY got 1 million base salary.I'd much rather have Phillips for the contract he received.

Comment

Phillips was the better option for us , I'm glad we signed him and not Freeney. Freeney went SD looking for top pay to secure a retirement while Phillips was pounding on our door for a lot less, with that said I'm predicting Phillips has a far better year in Denver than Freeney has in SD.
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-19-2013, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Good for him. Now he is on the enemy side. I bet going feel weird at first and awkward for him to go after Peyton for first time outside of practice/OTA's/training camp.
              sigpic

Comment

Ever watch NFL AM? They do a daily "caption this". They have a picture of Freeney at his press conference and the one that stuck out- "My agent tried to fax my contract to Devner..."

Struck me as very funny!

On a serious note.. I'll wish Freeney a happy twilight in the end of his career so long as it doesn't hurt our Broncos.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Oh great, now he's going to try to sack Manning.
                  Team Broncos!
                  2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

It will be hard for San Diego to add any more players since Freeney used up the cap space available.Glad the Freeney situation is over,and he got a good contract.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                      It will be hard for San Diego to add any more players since Freeney used up the cap space available.Glad the Freeney situation is over,and he got a good contract.
                      they are pretty much done adding players now since they got their upgrade LT. the only other thing they might possible look at is maybe a RB but they have next to no money left and still have to sign fluker.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                        Wow, thats a good contract from Freeney's standpoint, he must have been waiting for a payday and got one from a team that was desperate after an injury , but why in the world would he want to play in a 3-4 after that horrible experience he had last season.
                        because they don't run an exclusive 3-4, they are more of a hybrid and have been so ever since riviera took over a few years ago.

its true its not the greatest fit for him but his patience paid off as we were indeed desperate for a formidable pass rusher after losing Philips and ingram both.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think this was the right move by the Chargers. They immediately acted when they had to. Contract is a little high imo but well.
                          "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

if it was 5 or 6 years ago i would be worried but since its not meh....

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                              if it was 5 or 6 years ago i would be worried but since its not meh....
                              I've read,Freeney has bad ankles,maybe that's why his sack production has fell off.

Comment

Working...
                              X