The New Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Face

Your team seems to have undergone a major transition in the last couple of seasons.

Who's calling the shots over there now? Did Cable actually manage to get Davis to butt out of the team? This last draft surprised me because it addressed actual needs for the team.

You also acquired Jason Campbell who is a decent QB. The entire team seems to have been taken over by Cable, but I'm wondering if that's just what I think from the outside looking in or if that's really true.

I don't get a chance to nose around the Raider news as much as I do the Bronco news, so I'm wondering how you guys would characterize the changes that seem to be taking place there recently to make the Raiders competitive again.

It seems Davis has given Cable some rope. But don't be fooled, even our first 2 picks were used on HWS specimens, except that they were actually football players first unlike DHB.

My guess is we'll be 7-9 or 8-8 with our defense carrying us all year. While our offense will be better I don't have much confidence in JC especially behind our crappy OL. Honestly if I had to choose between JC & Gradz I'd choose Gradkowski, he just seems like a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
      It seems Davis has given Cable some rope. But don't be fooled, even our first 2 picks were used on HWS specimens, except that they were actually football players first unlike DHB.

My guess is we'll be 7-9 or 8-8 with our defense carrying us all year. While our offense will be better I don't have much confidence in JC especially behind our crappy OL. Honestly if I had to choose between JC & Gradz I'd choose Gradkowski, he just seems like a winner.
      I thought Gradz did well too considering the situation he was in.

Campbell will put it together if he's given a chance though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
        I thought Gradz did well too considering the situation he was in.

Campbell will put it together if he's given a chance though.
        Yeah, he did do well considering he was throwing to 2 rookie receivers & was running for his life behind a crappy OL.

I'm not holding my breath on Campbell, he seems to play not to lose instead of playing to win.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
          Yeah, he did do well considering he was throwing to 2 rookie receivers & was running for his life behind a crappy OL.

I'm not holding my breath on Campbell, he seems to play not to lose instead of playing to win.
          That's okay. It really is. You'll see. If they put a fundamentally sound football plan in place there, he'll be a good match. With that big D-line and some straight up smash-mouth football players they'll be a contender again.

Comment

Mr. Davis still and will always call the shots. I don't know what stats Cable showed Davis that brought this on, but trust is involved, which shocks me. It was probably the Eagle game and what came out of updating (amazingly we went back to basics afterwards). He's allowing Cable to do things his way for a change but if it fails, expect things to revert back.

The thing that made me go "the hell is going on here...?" is allowing Aso to exclusively shadow #1 receivers instead of one side of the field. If Aso plays the way we think he will, this will dramatically change our pass defense for the better. Still not comfortable with the other side of the field, I think Routt and Johnson's skills are best used in zone coverage.

Comment

Working...
            X