No announcement yet.

Lechler and Janikowski, the best ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lechler and Janikowski, the best ever?

I was thinking about this today while thinking back on our game Sunday, are these two guys the best Punter/Kicker combo in NFL history? I can't think of a better one.

When Janikowski was picked in the first round I laughed my ass off, but when all is said and done it's the Raiders doing the laughing. And Lechler is just flat out the best in the biz and has been for quite some time.

Also, Congrats to Janikowski for being the all time scoring leader for one of the NFL's most storied (storied is how I say hated ) franchises. That is a phenomenal accomplishment. I think, because of some things from college and very early in his career, Janikowski has an image that is unfair and flat out wrong BTW.

Anyway, enough of the Raider lovefest, you guys suck(I know this isn't the smack forum but I had to something I was starting to feel ill).

I think Janikowski is the best kicker of all time.

Dude takes like no steps leading up to a kick off.

Comment

hmm tough call

jank is definitely not the best kicker ever

but lechler's one of the best punters ever
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        hmm tough call

jank is definitely not the best kicker ever

but lechler's one of the best punters ever
        I mean as a combo though. Janikowski probably isn't the best ever but Lechler is definitely in the conversation at punter. But I think as a combo it might not even be close. I can't think of another combo like them ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
          I mean as a combo though. Janikowski probably isn't the best ever but Lechler is definitely in the conversation at punter. But I think as a combo it might not even be close. I can't think of another combo like them ever.
          I'm too young to know of any other combo's really. All I know is that Janikowski is far too inconsistent. Last year he was awesome, this year he's cost us at least one game(Cards..). Strongest leg duo ever? Yeah.

Comment

Funny how we have/had the best two pure punters in NFL history. Guy is a HOF finalist this year I believe and he should make it. I mean come on he was a weapon!

Best combo, not sure. The Arizona game this year has Janikowski on my piss list. Best threatening combo sure. He does have one punt which was fumbled for a turnover.

Comment

Side note related to Devilspawn's comments...

Anybody ever seen the 'Top 10 draft steals' show on NFLN?

They listed Ray Guy as a draft steal.

I think you could argue he was worth taking in the first round pretty easily... although you could probably also argue that he would have been there a round later.

I don't think you can argue he's the best punter of all time... as that seems to be a consensus (before my time)...

But a draft steal?
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

It's possible, but in regards to your comments, there's still no way he was worth a first round pick. I'd take Shaun Alexander or Keith Bulluck over him any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  It's possible, but in regards to your comments, there's still no way he was worth a first round pick. I'd take Shaun Alexander or Keith Bulluck over him any day of the week.
                  I agree. The reason they took him was because our kicker prior had cost us a few fames which would've put us in the playoffs. As for running backs, we had Napoleon Kaufman and Tyrone Wheatley, so we didn't need a featured back. Keith Bulluck is the hindsight choice.

Comment

Best ever? No, not even close.

Best right now? Lechler is definately the best punter in the NFL.

Janikowski the best kicker right now? No.

Strongest leg right now? I'd go with that.

I'd feel more comfortable with Janikowski lining up a 60+ yard field goal that any other kicker in the NFL presently. But that certainly doesn't make him the best overall nor the best all time time.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                      Best ever? No, not even close.

Best right now? Lechler is definately the best punter in the NFL.

Janikowski the best kicker right now? No.

Strongest leg right now? I'd go with that.

I'd feel more comfortable with Janikowski lining up a 60+ yard field goal that any other kicker in the NFL presently. But that certainly doesn't make him the best overall nor the best all time time.
                      Again, I said best COMBO! Hello McFly anybody in there?

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                        Again, I said best COMBO! Hello McFly anybody in there?
                        Do you make a point to be this rude to everybody, or is it just me?
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Shame on you Chazoe for starting this thread. This is for everyone in this thread.

Ok, in all seriousness, they might be the best combination in the history of the league.

In reference to Ray Guy, I remember him, and he was a great athlete. He was the Raiders emergency QB for a while. I can remember him throwing passes on 4th downs (jerk )
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                          X