Al Davis passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    I left this post on another part of our forum where the topic is being discussed. Not that I think I have to, but just so that it's clear, here it is for this thread:

And it will remain that way, just FYI, even in the smack section.

We treat others the way we want them to treat us. We would absolutely not allow any disparaging comments towards Bowlen on an unfortunate day that he passed.

We still to this day protect the Barrel Man.

Likewise, there are certain things that are only meant to start fights, even when directed at Raider fans. Mocking the death of their owner is one of those things.

It won't be tolerated, even in the smack section. Not today, and probably not ever.

Not that we've had to remove any posts. We haven't. Not a single one.

I am amazed and impressed, and not for the first time, at our fans. The ability to be gracious, sensitive to others, and empathetic of loss is an uncommon trait.

We haven't had to remove even one post today. I doubt that will change.

But if it does, please let us know.

The outpouring of support from our fans warms my heart on a cold night in Denver. We may fight each other over all sorts of issues, but when it comes time to do the Black and Silver right in their dark time, we're all together.

You guys are great.

Comment

• I'm glad I'm not the only Bronco fan struck roughly by this news.

RIP.

Comment

• Thanks to all Bronco Fans for the respect being shown.

I am at RAIDERFORUM.NET, I am The one.

This is a rough day for Raider Nation and the NFL.

Comment

• RIP Al, you are a true NFL icon & were one of a kind.

Comment

• It's really good stuff to see so many fans of other teams around the NFL, especially our rivals (you guys) giving out positive thoughts & prayers for the Raider Nation today.

I really appreciate it guys. You may be the rival, but I don't hate you guys, I love you guys. Without battles against teams like the Broncos, Raider football just wouldn't be the same.

I hope soon the Raiders and Broncos are fighting for the AFC West crown, and Coach Davis is sitting upstairs with a cold one looking down on it all.

Thanks again guys, I really mean that. And thanks to the Bronco fan that came over to Raiderfans.net to offer condolences.
            SEMPER FI

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
              I left this post on another part of our forum where the topic is being discussed. Not that I think I have to, but just so that it's clear, here it is for this thread:

And it will remain that way, just FYI, even in the smack section.

We treat others the way we want them to treat us. We would absolutely not allow any disparaging comments towards Bowlen on an unfortunate day that he passed.

We still to this day protect the Barrel Man.

Likewise, there are certain things that are only meant to start fights, even when directed at Raider fans. Mocking the death of their owner is one of those things.

It won't be tolerated, even in the smack section. Not today, and probably not ever.

Not that we've had to remove any posts. We haven't. Not a single one.

I am amazed and impressed, and not for the first time, at our fans. The ability to be gracious, sensitive to others, and empathetic of loss is an uncommon trait.

We haven't had to remove even one post today. I doubt that will change.

But if it does, please let us know.
              It's really good stuff. I have a whole new respect for Bronco fans. :thumb:
              SEMPER FI

Comment

• Thank you Bronco fans. You once again prove to be some of the classiest fans in the league.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RAIDER951 View Post
                  Thank you Bronco fans. You once again prove to be some of the classiest fans in the league.
                  Thanks we appreciate the kind words. Feel free stick around here once in a while.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Raider_Nation View Post
                    It's really good stuff to see so many fans of other teams around the NFL, especially our rivals (you guys) giving out positive thoughts & prayers for the Raider Nation today.

I really appreciate it guys. You may be the rival, but I don't hate you guys, I love you guys. Without battles against teams like the Broncos, Raider football just wouldn't be the same.

I hope soon the Raiders and Broncos are fighting for the AFC West crown, and Coach Davis is sitting upstairs with a cold one looking down on it all.

Thanks again guys, I really mean that. And thanks to the Bronco fan that came over to Raiderfans.net to offer condolences.
                    I left a thread under raidersfans.net it's under my user name Chillez.
                    sigpic

Comment

• To the poster that mentioned Barrel Man, he was well respected by Raider fans like Violator. I never met Barrel Man so I never knew him and thus can't comment.

A life is a life and everyone was put on Earth to leave his/her mark in life.

Comment

• Although I am a die hard raider hater my condolences to the raider nation. Best wishes to all the raider nation.

Come sunday when when the broncos play the raiders I will hate your guts once again. However I think Al would want that RIP AL and thanks for the rivalry.

Comment

• R.I.P. he was a true raider till his last day, much respect to him and their organization.
                          Lets GO Broncos!!!

Comment

• Condolences to the Davis family and to all of Raider nation. We may have a fierce rivalry, but we can still respect all that Al Davis brought to the NFL and especially to the AFC. His contributions will be remembered. RIP Al!

Comment

• Originally posted by RAIDER951 View Post
                              Thank you Bronco fans. You once again prove to be some of the classiest fans in the league.
                              Truth. May be my most hated rival, but I respect the hell out of their fans and organization.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X