Al Davis passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Truth. May be my most hated rival, but I respect the hell out of their fans and organization.
    +1. No coincidence I'm always here eating out of their fridge.

Comment

• R.I.P. Mr. Al Davis! The football world has lost a true great, he may be gone but he will never be forgotten. Just Win Baby!!! (except when playing us)
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        +1. No coincidence I'm always here eating out of their fridge.
        Our fridge is always open to guests, my personal fridge however is usually pretty empty.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
          If anyone is interested, I went over to the Raider message boards and sent our thoughts.

They were actually surprised at how classy our fanbase is being. Apparently the Chief fans have not been so nice.

My Thread
          Thanks for link.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
            Uhhh sure, JaMarcus Russell, Darrius Heyward Bey, and up until the end of last year we almost threw Darren McFadden into that category, the Javon Walker contract, DeAngelo Hall deal, I mean he made some stupid senile decisions over the last 5-10 years, only recently I think with Rolando McClain and Hue Jackson have they turned it around, let's not forget the worthless head coaches he went through too...

Those are just plain dumb decisions, the Raiders start to get better soon
            Mr. Bowlen's Stamps of approval on many Bronco disasters (Ted Gregory, Tommy Maddox, McD, etc.) over the years is something fans should acknowledge as well if they wish to bash Mr. Davis' decisions...NFL owners make mistakes dude. Art Modell: many argue that his poor business acumen in Cleveland and subsequent 'bad decisions' led to the team's departure...It certainly is easy to second-guess these decisions but I prefer to admire Davis' contributions to the game rather than his mistakes..

Comment

• Just saw this on Any word on the cause of death? Hope your raiders do you proud and win. <---never saw myself hoping for a raider win but sad to see this happen to anyone...we'll all take it there one day.
              :go:

Comment

• You can flame Al Davis' decisions on many things, but that's how the man made his living, by being a man who was not afraid to go against conventional wisdom.

Davis was the first man to have an African American and a Hispanic coach before the Rooney rule was in effect.

How would the NFL look if Davis hadn't fought to make the AFL more viable?
                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                Adopted By:
                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                Broncbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Death View Post
                  Mr. Bowlen's Stamps of approval on many Bronco disasters (Ted Gregory, Tommy Maddox, McD, etc.) over the years is something fans should acknowledge as well if they wish to bash Mr. Davis' decisions...NFL owners make mistakes dude. Art Modell: many argue that his poor business acumen in Cleveland and subsequent 'bad decisions' led to the team's departure...It certainly is easy to second-guess these decisions but I prefer to admire Davis' contributions to the game rather than his mistakes..
                  Model's team got caught in a political stunt that took a non-issue and turned it into a campaign issue.

As for Bowlen... He has always taken a hands off approach to the team. He lets the coaches coach. Every coach makes good choices and bad choices. Say what you will about Reeves, but he took us to three Super Bowls and took the Falcons to one a few seasons later. The man could coach.

Regardless of who screwed what up over the years, I don't think this is the appropriate time or place for finger pointing at anyone, especially when we're talking about people (Davis, Model, Bowlen, Reeves) who are all in the Hall of Fame. There are going to be mistakes made in anyone's career, especially if that career spans 40+ years as each of these icons of the NFL's did.

They're all very accomplished men and any attempt to take anything away from one of them really only degrades the person attempting to do so.

Comment

• Rip, it is sad, his team was just on the cob.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Rest, and be in peace, Al! Growing up on NFL Films, I always respected him and his approach. And the Raiders were always a tough matchup, even during down seasons. Great man and football man.
                      A Broncs Tale.

Comment

• The Autum wind is a Raider...

Thanks Al

Comment

• Nice win Raiders, the only time I will ever be happy they win. They made Al happy today
                          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Thank you Mr. Davis for making the league what it is today. You helped form the greatest American sport and your contributions will never be forgotten. RIP.

Comment

• RIP Mr. Davis. You will be missed.
                              sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

• Great win for the Raiders today. I hate to say it, but I was rooting for you guys, big emotions in todays win and you thoroughly deserved it. Enjoy it, Raider Nation.

Comment

Working...
                                X