X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foez
    replied
    RIP Al Davis.

You may have owned the Raiders but your contribution to the game was irreplaceable. Thoughts and prayers to the Davis family.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
    Sorry for the loss. Al Davis meant a lot to pro football. The AFC may not even exist if not for him, he put an end to a 6 year long war between the two conferences and brought them together in the merger.
    Before the merger, the NFL didn't want the Broncos, but Al insisted they take all the AFL teams.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    RIP Al Davis. Despite your crazy tendencies, you changed the way football was looked at and played, and that cant be ignored or forgotten.

Although being a hated rival, the NFL is better when the Raiders are relevant, slow but surely they are becoming relevant again but unfortunately you will not be around to witness it .
    I really miss the days when both the Raiders and the Broncos were good. It made being a Bronco fan a lot more fun.

Leave a comment:

• BRINGBAKPLUMMER
    replied
    Bad news for the Broncos. The Raiders might actually become good again.

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    Sorry for the loss. Al Davis meant a lot to pro football. The AFC may not even exist if not for him, he put an end to a 6 year long war between the two conferences and brought them together in the merger.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    The NFL lost one of its legends. Al Davis has to be given credit for doing things his own way. My condolescences to his family, friends, and the Raiders' Nation. You have lost your leader, but his legacy will last forever in the lores of football.

Leave a comment:

• msusc
    replied
    RIP Al Davis. There was never an owner who loved his team more.

Leave a comment:

• Portia11
    replied
    RIP Mr. Davis, a true icon of football.

Brief history and picture of a younger Davis. He did some remarkable things.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Good bye Al. It will never be the same playing the Raiders.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    We loved to hate you and you loved to hate us! 82? I hope I make it that long. I hope Oakland keeps their bad guy persona going.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Al thanks for the great rivalry! He was truly a great man and will be missed. RIP

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    RIP Mr Davis.....

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    one of the people that made the nfl into what it is today

thanks al

just win baby

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Thanks everyone. This is tough. Hard to put it into words now.

Leave a comment:

• denver9ers
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    I guess we'll leave a thread here in General Discussions since people keep posting here.

Please everyone stay respectful. If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all.
    He was a legend in the NFL, we'll behave.

Losing a rival is tough. He was the heart and soul of a team we fought forever. Hats off to him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X