No announcement yet.

Al Davis passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We loved to hate you and you loved to hate us! 82? I hope I make it that long. I hope Oakland keeps their bad guy persona going.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Good bye Al. It will never be the same playing the Raiders.

Comment

RIP Mr. Davis, a true icon of football.

Brief history and picture of a younger Davis. He did some remarkable things.

http://www.raiders.com/history/al-davis.html

Comment

RIP Al Davis. There was never an owner who loved his team more.

Comment

The NFL lost one of its legends. Al Davis has to be given credit for doing things his own way. My condolescences to his family, friends, and the Raiders' Nation. You have lost your leader, but his legacy will last forever in the lores of football.
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the loss. Al Davis meant a lot to pro football. The AFC may not even exist if not for him, he put an end to a 6 year long war between the two conferences and brought them together in the merger.
              sigpic

Comment

Bad news for the Broncos. The Raiders might actually become good again.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                  RIP Al Davis. Despite your crazy tendencies, you changed the way football was looked at and played, and that cant be ignored or forgotten.

Although being a hated rival, the NFL is better when the Raiders are relevant, slow but surely they are becoming relevant again but unfortunately you will not be around to witness it .
                  I really miss the days when both the Raiders and the Broncos were good. It made being a Bronco fan a lot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                    Sorry for the loss. Al Davis meant a lot to pro football. The AFC may not even exist if not for him, he put an end to a 6 year long war between the two conferences and brought them together in the merger.
                    Before the merger, the NFL didn't want the Broncos, but Al insisted they take all the AFL teams.

Comment

RIP Al Davis.

You may have owned the Raiders but your contribution to the game was irreplaceable. Thoughts and prayers to the Davis family.
                      sigpic
                      Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                      You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                      You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                      Have It All - Blu3
                      Conceited - Blu3
                      Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                      All On You - Blu3

Comment

Thank you for all your kind words towards Al Davis, we Raider fans really appreciate it.

Comment

RIP Al just when you were starting to make the Raiders dangerous again.

Whos gonna take over that team? Does he have any sons?

Comment

Even though his later years will hurt his legacy in many fans' eyes, Al Davis had a REALLY good mind for the game.

He did a hell of a lot for the AFL and the eventual NFL.

May he R.I.P.
                            sigpic

Comment

RIP Mr Davis

You were as big as anyone in making the NFL what it is today.

I usually reserve this for Broncos and Bronco fans but I think Mr Davis deserves it

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

What an icon. As a fan of a rival team I dispised his team but you have to admire the man that made it possible for the merger of the NFL and AFL.

Without Davis the Broncos and many other AFL teams may have never made it to what we know as the NFL today.

My prayers are with the family, friends and the Raider Nation for the loss of the GREAT Al Davis.

May You Rest In Peace.
                                sigpic
                                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X