Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic Raider
    replied
    To the poster that mentioned Barrel Man, he was well respected by Raider fans like Violator. I never met Barrel Man so I never knew him and thus can't comment.

A life is a life and everyone was put on Earth to leave his/her mark in life.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by Raider_Nation View Post
    It's really good stuff to see so many fans of other teams around the NFL, especially our rivals (you guys) giving out positive thoughts & prayers for the Raider Nation today.

I really appreciate it guys. You may be the rival, but I don't hate you guys, I love you guys. Without battles against teams like the Broncos, Raider football just wouldn't be the same.

I hope soon the Raiders and Broncos are fighting for the AFC West crown, and Coach Davis is sitting upstairs with a cold one looking down on it all.

Thanks again guys, I really mean that. And thanks to the Bronco fan that came over to Raiderfans.net to offer condolences.
    I left a thread under raidersfans.net it's under my user name Chillez.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by RAIDER951 View Post
    Thank you Bronco fans. You once again prove to be some of the classiest fans in the league.
    Thanks we appreciate the kind words. Feel free stick around here once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• RAIDER951
    replied
    Thank you Bronco fans. You once again prove to be some of the classiest fans in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Raider_Nation
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    I left this post on another part of our forum where the topic is being discussed. Not that I think I have to, but just so that it's clear, here it is for this thread:

And it will remain that way, just FYI, even in the smack section.

We treat others the way we want them to treat us. We would absolutely not allow any disparaging comments towards Bowlen on an unfortunate day that he passed.

We still to this day protect the Barrel Man.

Likewise, there are certain things that are only meant to start fights, even when directed at Raider fans. Mocking the death of their owner is one of those things.

It won't be tolerated, even in the smack section. Not today, and probably not ever.

Not that we've had to remove any posts. We haven't. Not a single one.

I am amazed and impressed, and not for the first time, at our fans. The ability to be gracious, sensitive to others, and empathetic of loss is an uncommon trait.

We haven't had to remove even one post today. I doubt that will change.

But if it does, please let us know.
    It's really good stuff. I have a whole new respect for Bronco fans. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Raider_Nation
    replied
    It's really good stuff to see so many fans of other teams around the NFL, especially our rivals (you guys) giving out positive thoughts & prayers for the Raider Nation today.

I really appreciate it guys. You may be the rival, but I don't hate you guys, I love you guys. Without battles against teams like the Broncos, Raider football just wouldn't be the same.

I hope soon the Raiders and Broncos are fighting for the AFC West crown, and Coach Davis is sitting upstairs with a cold one looking down on it all.

Thanks again guys, I really mean that. And thanks to the Bronco fan that came over to Raiderfans.net to offer condolences.

Leave a comment:

• Broncofanfolife
    replied
    RIP Al, you are a true NFL icon & were one of a kind.

Leave a comment:

• MULE7
    replied
    Thanks to all Bronco Fans for the respect being shown.

I am at RAIDERFORUM.NET, I am The one.

This is a rough day for Raider Nation and the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    I'm glad I'm not the only Bronco fan struck roughly by this news.

RIP.

Leave a comment:

• denver9ers
    replied
    I left this post on another part of our forum where the topic is being discussed. Not that I think I have to, but just so that it's clear, here it is for this thread:

We treat others the way we want them to treat us. We would absolutely not allow any disparaging comments towards Bowlen on an unfortunate day that he passed.

Likewise, there are certain things that are only meant to start fights, even when directed at Raider fans. Mocking the death of their owner is one of those things.

It won't be tolerated, even in the smack section. Not today, and probably not ever.

I am amazed and impressed, and not for the first time, at our fans. The ability to be gracious, sensitive to others, and empathetic of loss is an uncommon trait.

The outpouring of support from our fans warms my heart on a cold night in Denver. We may fight each other over all sorts of issues, but when it comes time to do the Black and Silver right in their dark time, we're all together.

You guys are great.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeCrushem
    replied
    Lots of lurkers crawling out of the woodwork I've been over at Raidersfans.net once in awhile to see what's up. I'm not registered, but as I said, I root for the team when it doesn't effect the Broncos. I stick with our division as long as it's either the Raiders or Broncos, not necessarily in that order . Pretty knowledgeable folks over there about football in general...

One thing that I really hope remains true for the "Al Davisless" Raiders (still can't believe it ) is that they STAY the Raiders. One thing that was always apparent was that Al Davis ran his team like a family business. In this day and age, that's a rarity. I REALLY hope the Raiders don't become all "corporate", because that would kind of fly in the face of the whole spirit of what Al Davis created as a brand. I know quite a few Raider fans were wanting Al Davis to give up the reins, not in this way of course, but I hope that thought doesn't come back to haunt them. We're all human, we know days like this come, but...

After doing a little lurking, it's clear that Al Davis was a man who understood what loyalty and compassion means. Lots of stories that I personally never heard of. It shouldn't surprise me, though, ie. Barrel Man. Ride the autumn wind, Al...Godspeed.
    Last edited by OrangeCrushem; 10-08-2011, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• coloradoraider
    replied
    Classy thread and posts, Bronco fans. Appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied

I'm glad you haven't had to remove any post...when Derrick Thomas was elected to the HOF there were several post made about him that had nothing to do with the HOF but were only posted to attack his character and were pretty bad considering the man is dead....wasn't this board...sad thing was people were allowed to post insults..glad this board doesn't allow that.

Sorry for going off topic...just showing an example that I agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• MULE7
    replied
    I'm not a Bronco either, I am from RAIDERFORUM.NET and I am The one. Long story why I am registered just as TIBERIUS stated, however it does not matter right now. I just want to say THANKS to all you Bronco Fans for the respect you are showing. It is truly a sad day in Raider Nation. I never thought I would get hit this hard when he passed, but i feel as if a part of my Raider side has left with him.

Thanks once again, and for you Denver fans this weekend..."JUST WIN BABY"...

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Some may think that "the Raiders will be better off when Al steps down or passes". Well, think of it this way. Davis loved the Raiders, and didn't want to give up on them. He tried his best to improve the team. Most people wouldn't be managing an NFL team at that age. Usually, they'd retire by then. But Al was different. He made them great once, and he wanted to do it again. He actually wasn't doing too bad these last 2 years. (Remember, I hate the Raiders, but this is true)

May Al Davis RIP. The NFL won't be the same without him.
    Uhhh sure, JaMarcus Russell, Darrius Heyward Bey, and up until the end of last year we almost threw Darren McFadden into that category, the Javon Walker contract, DeAngelo Hall deal, I mean he made some stupid senile decisions over the last 5-10 years, only recently I think with Rolando McClain and Hue Jackson have they turned it around, let's not forget the worthless head coaches he went through too...

Those are just plain dumb decisions, the Raiders start to get better soon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X