Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packers Reggie McKenzie now Raiders GM!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Packers Reggie McKenzie now Raiders GM!!!

    Per Adam Scheffer(sp) on espn.....it looks like it is a done deal.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...bay-packers-gm
    Last edited by jwhitt1; 01-05-2012, 10:58 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by jwhitt1 View Post
    Per Adam Scheffer(sp) on espn.....it looks like it is a done deal.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...bay-packers-gm
    What do you think his first move will be

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
      What do you think his first move will be
      I honestly have no idea what he thinks of Hue Jackson but I guess he stays at least a year as he is married to Carson Palmer.

      But he obviously has to hire a DC and staff to fix the inept defense.

      The Raiders don`t have any draft picks until the 4th and 5th and whatever comp picks they get for Gallery, Asomugha and Zach Miller......

      But as a Raider fan we went from Al Davis to having nobody to now having one of the most praised up and coming football minds around so I`m keeping fingers crossed

      Comment


      • #4
        Yessssssssssss!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jwhitt1 View Post
          I honestly have no idea what he thinks of Hue Jackson but I guess he stays at least a year as he is married to Carson Palmer.

          But he obviously has to hire a DC and staff to fix the inept defense.

          The Raiders don`t have any draft picks until the 4th and 5th and whatever comp picks they get for Gallery, Asomugha and Zach Miller......

          But as a Raider fan we went from Al Davis to having nobody to now having one of the most praised up and coming football minds around so I`m keeping fingers crossed
          I was hearing in Oakland Hue Jackson wanted more power in the organization and wanted to pick his own GM.I'm not sure if picking McKenzie is what he hoped for,but it will be interesting as things unfold in the near future.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
            I was hearing in Oakland Hue Jackson wanted more power in the organization and wanted to pick his own GM.I'm not sure if picking McKenzie is what he hoped for,but it will be interesting as things unfold in the near future.
            The guy is a HC for one year and thinks he should have GM authority? He sounds a little dangerous, to be honest.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

            Comment


            • #7
              In all fairness to Hue, the job got shoved on him after Al died as no one else in the front office had any football smarts. Al did EVERYTHING football related. Hue was forced to wear many hats after he died and I believe that distracted him from the team for the rest of the season. I truly believe Hue lost the pulse of the players on the field. With McKenzie here now, if Hue stays he can go back to being 100% the coach on the field.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jwhitt1 View Post
                In all fairness to Hue, the job got shoved on him after Al died as no one else in the front office had any football smarts. Al did EVERYTHING football related. Hue was forced to wear many hats after he died and I believe that distracted him from the team for the rest of the season. I truly believe Hue lost the pulse of the players on the field. With McKenzie here now, if Hue stays he can go back to being 100% the coach on the field.
                From what i observed,he turned into a Mike Singletary ala 49ers type of coach he started losing a grip on his players.Sometimes that approach don't work as you see,it didn't work with SF last season and its not working for the Raiders this season.Now look at the 49ers big turnaround with a new coach and GM,they look a lot better under Haurbaugh.

                Threatening the players to perform and telling them you are gonna get rid of them makes them not want to play for you(Hue Jackson)olds school approach,you lose their heads sooner or later,which ends up being a losing season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  From what i observed,he turned into a Mike Singletary ala 49ers type of coach he started losing a grip on his players.Sometimes that approach don't work as you see,it didn't work with SF last season and its not working for the Raiders this season.Now look at the 49ers big turnaround with a new coach and GM,they look a lot better under Haurbaugh.

                  Threatening the players to perform and telling them you are gonna get rid of them makes them not want to play for you(Hue Jackson)olds school approach,you lose their heads sooner or later,which ends up being a losing season.
                  Can`t argue with you there as I somewhat agree. Jackson made too much talk rather than action this year with quotes like, "I`m building a bully", "We will win the division", " I will fix these penalties"..........if you don`t back up the talk, players and fans alike stop believing. Here`s more from this morning:

                  Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2012, 9:48 AM EST

                  AP
                  There’s a strange dynamic unfolding right now in Oakland, which probably shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to anyone who has followed the NFL for the last decade. And there’s a theory making the rounds in league circles that the arrival of Reggie McKenzie as the team’s next General Manager could lead to the departure of coach Hue Jackson.

                  Even though both men are represented by Kennard McGuire, there are indications that Jackson wasn’t fully on board with the decision to hire McKenzie. Jackson, whom we believe reports directly to owner Mark Davis, has been publicly candid (perhaps too candid) in recent days regarding his desire for more control. It’s our understanding that, behind the scenes, Jackson has been even more candid, and that the arrival of McKenzie could — not will but could — result in Jackson being one and done in Oakland.

                  Would it be shocking? Yes. But not much more shocking than last year’s decision to part ways with Tom Cable after a far less expected 8-8 season.

                  Every G.M. wants to hire his own coach. Even if the G.M. says as he walks through the door that he’s fine with the head coach who is in place, every G.M. wants to hire his own coach. With Jackson seeming in recent days like a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to the management of the team, McKenzie could have some real misgivings about moving forward with Jackson.

                  The fact that McGuire represents both men will influence the situation, but that will go only so far. At some point, McKenzie will have to make what he believes to be the right decision/recommendation for the franchise, even if it means potentially alienating his own agent by firing one of his agent’s other clients.

                  At this point, we’re not reporting that Jackson is on his way out or predicting that he’s not long for the job. What we do know is that folks inside the league are keeping an eye on Oakland, because there’s a sense that McKenzie and Jackson possibly won’t be able to coexist.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jwhitt1 View Post
                    Can`t argue with you there as I somewhat agree. Jackson made too much talk rather than action this year with quotes like, "I`m building a bully", "We will win the division", " I will fix these penalties"..........if you don`t back up the talk, players and fans alike stop believing. Here`s more from this morning:

                    Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2012, 9:48 AM EST

                    AP
                    There’s a strange dynamic unfolding right now in Oakland, which probably shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to anyone who has followed the NFL for the last decade. And there’s a theory making the rounds in league circles that the arrival of Reggie McKenzie as the team’s next General Manager could lead to the departure of coach Hue Jackson.

                    Even though both men are represented by Kennard McGuire, there are indications that Jackson wasn’t fully on board with the decision to hire McKenzie. Jackson, whom we believe reports directly to owner Mark Davis, has been publicly candid (perhaps too candid) in recent days regarding his desire for more control. It’s our understanding that, behind the scenes, Jackson has been even more candid, and that the arrival of McKenzie could — not will but could — result in Jackson being one and done in Oakland.

                    Would it be shocking? Yes. But not much more shocking than last year’s decision to part ways with Tom Cable after a far less expected 8-8 season.

                    Every G.M. wants to hire his own coach. Even if the G.M. says as he walks through the door that he’s fine with the head coach who is in place, every G.M. wants to hire his own coach. With Jackson seeming in recent days like a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to the management of the team, McKenzie could have some real misgivings about moving forward with Jackson.

                    The fact that McGuire represents both men will influence the situation, but that will go only so far. At some point, McKenzie will have to make what he believes to be the right decision/recommendation for the franchise, even if it means potentially alienating his own agent by firing one of his agent’s other clients.

                    At this point, we’re not reporting that Jackson is on his way out or predicting that he’s not long for the job. What we do know is that folks inside the league are keeping an eye on Oakland, because there’s a sense that McKenzie and Jackson possibly won’t be able to coexist.
                    Very Good post,i agree 100 percent.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I also wanted to make an example as to say, "what if McKenzie wanted to start with Campbell next season and Hue Jackson wanted to go with Carlson Palmer" it could be a problem with the two bumping heads.McKenzie is supposed to be great with knowing talent and it could be a problem throughout the whole roster as far as the direction of the organization.

                      Hue never wanted McKenzie hired on,who had a big endorsement by John Madden.It may not sit well with McKenzie knowing Hue was against his hiring and wanted almost full control over the organization.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Don't be shocked if Hue Jackson doesn't last in Oakland

                        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-in-oakland/



                        Don’t be shocked if Hue Jackson doesn’t last in Oakland
                        Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2012, 9:48 AM EST


                        There’s a strange dynamic unfolding right now in Oakland, which probably shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to anyone who has followed the NFL for the last decade. And there’s a theory making the rounds in league circles that the arrival of Reggie McKenzie as the team’s next General Manager could lead to the departure of coach Hue Jackson.

                        Even though both men are represented by Kennard McGuire, there are indications that Jackson wasn’t fully on board with the decision to hire McKenzie. Jackson, whom we believe reports directly to owner Mark Davis, has been publicly candid (perhaps too candid) in recent days regarding his desire for more control. It’s our understanding that, behind the scenes, Jackson has been even more candid, and that the arrival of McKenzie could — not will but could — result in Jackson being one and done in Oakland.

                        Would it be shocking? Yes. But not much more shocking than last year’s decision to part ways with Tom Cable after a far less expected 8-8 season.

                        Every G.M. wants to hire his own coach. Even if the G.M. says as he walks through the door that he’s fine with the head coach who is in place, every G.M. wants to hire his own coach. With Jackson seeming in recent days like a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to the management of the team, McKenzie could have some real misgivings about moving forward with Jackson.

                        The fact that McGuire represents both men will influence the situation, but that will go only so far. At some point, McKenzie will have to make what he believes to be the right decision/recommendation for the franchise, even if it means potentially alienating his own agent by firing one of his agent’s other clients.

                        At this point, we’re not reporting that Jackson is on his way out or predicting that he’s not long for the job. What we do know is that folks inside the league are keeping an eye on Oakland, because there’s a sense that McKenzie and Jackson possibly won’t be able to coexist.
                        Their is a connection with McKenzie and John Gruden maybe Gruden replaces Hue Jackson
                        Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 01-06-2012, 09:52 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Who knows? I as well as most Raider fans have been praying for a quality GM to clean house......even long before Al died there was a billboard in Oakland asking Al to please hire a GM. McKenzie comes well endorsed by Ron Wolfe, Madden and so many other football "experts". I will support whatever McKenzie deems is best for the Raiders even if that means blowing up most of the team and beginning a 3 or 5 year plan. I`ll take it. The Raiders have been peice mealed together every year for as long as I remember and as a fan I always have high hopes until reality sets in. If Hue is gone, does that blow up any continuity gained the last 2 years and set our O back another year or so? Probably but I`ll take it for the greater good of building a very strong foundation for years to come. The Raiders are not without drafts this year as they have a 4th and 5th and 3 comp picks for Miller, Gallery and Asomugha.... Very few of the current Packers players were first round choices but rather later round players. The Raiders and McKenzie have a history of striking gold in late rounds. Again, if Hue stays, fine....if he is gone, fine again.....time will tell. At least I won`t be complaining of a boring offseason
                          Last edited by jwhitt1; 01-06-2012, 10:27 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If Gruden comes back to Oakland I just might have a heart attack......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jwhitt1 View Post
                              Who knows? I as well as most Raider fans have been praying for a quality GM to clean house......even long before Al died there was a billboard in Oakland asking Al to please hire a GM. McKenzie comes well endorsed by Ron Wolfe, Madden and so many other football "experts". I will support whatever McKenzie deems is best for the Raiders even if that means blowing up most of the team and beginning a 3 or 5 year plan. I`ll take it. The Raiders have been peice mealed together every year for as long as I remember and as a fan I always have high hopes until reality sets in. If Hue is gone, does that blow up any continuity gained the last 2 years and set our O back another year or so? Probably but I`ll take it for the greater good of building a very strong foundation for years to come. The Raiders are not without drafts this year as they have a 4th and 5th and 3 comp picks for Miller, Gallery and Asomugha.... Very few of the current Packers players were first round choices but rather later round players. The Raiders and McKenzie have a history of striking gold in late rounds. Again, if Hue stays, fine....if he is gone, fine again.....time will tell. At least I won`t be complaining of a boring offseason
                              This. If Mckenzie decides to get rid of Hue, then so be it. Just find a good replacement.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X