No announcement yet.

Raiders fire Hue Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue will do well wherever he goes. I hope he learned a lot about coaching and especially himself and improves on both because he is still a work/self promoter in process.

Chuck Bresnahan can eat it.

Comment

DS... What's up with your avatar and sig?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhitt1 View Post
        Hue made promises all year and couldn`t keep any of them. After the last game he threw his team under the bus in a "rant" that wasn`t very professional. The day after that he publicly stated he wanted more control in the whole organization. Basically he had a huge ego and loved the spotlight but never backed anything up. Big hat, no cattle. He may be OK as an OC but as HC he made many boneheaded decisions.

McKenzie is in now and wants to rebuild from the ground up. He wants a solid foundation so he will keep players that LOVE the game and want to win and dismmiss those who are only there for a paycheck. The same with any in the administraion (on the football side). I think he is building a system and stated that whoever he hires as HC will in fact be empowered to pick his own staff. Pundits say it will be Winston Moss but who knows? Raders interviewed Todd Bowles today who was the interim coach in Miami the last 3 games. Maybe we get a new up and comer coach that fits GM Mac`s vision or maybe he hires a retread HC. Who knows? The one thing that is certain is that if he follows GB`s business plan of growing a team for years to come, it will be a nice future for Raider fans.
        I'll offer you a 3rd for McFadden.

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post

LOL...

I assume the Raiders with GMAC are going to leave the power running game and long deep ball and go with the WCO. This will eliminate some of the constant between tackle pounding McFad does and opens him up for more WR yards. I`ll keep McFad a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
            I'm al for it, but thankfully we got rid of Walter McFadden a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
              DS... What's up with your avatar and sig?
              It's a moment of dark silence to the end of the Al Davis Era.

And what I sang to myself after the Raiders were eliminated from playoff contention:

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                I'm al for it, but thankfully we got rid of Walter McFadden a long time ago.
                Heh.

I'll be curious to see who they try to move, if anyone.

Comment

As Bengal fan I was shocked to see that the Bengals got a 1st and 2nd (potentially two firsts at the time) for Palmer. We have the worst GM of all time in Cincy (Mike Brown). There's not doubt that even if Hue said he wasn't he had to be the one pulling most of the strings with the Palmer trade. I beleive things were set into motion at the time of that trade and Hue promised to not only make the playoffs but get past the first round. They had that clause that stated if they were conf champs the 2nd round pick moved to a first. I really think a promise of playoffs came w/ Palmer and when that didn't happen Hue was gone not matter what.

I will say I think it's a mistake though....8-8 for a first year head coach is pretty good,especially given your star QB (Plalmer) never played with your star RB.

Oh well, it's good for the Broncos because I think whomever they get at least this year will be a downgrade from Hue.

Comment

Found this response in another forum but I stand behind this about Hue:

I wasn't going to say so when he was still here, because I don't like to name-call our players and coaches. Now that he is gone I can tell all of you. Hue is a ***ing moron! His game management was some of the worst I have EVER seen anywhere. He made Cable look like a G-damn genius. This is the most undisciplined team in the league by far. I never saw one game...not one, where this team looked anything like they were prepared for the team they were playing. There was almost no ability to adjust to anything on this coaching staff. Every game same thing... no adjustments. He never used Reece right, he never used Boss right, and his philosophy on offense is "throw it up and see what happens" even if his QB is starting for the first time all year (boller and palmer). His clock management was the worst I have ever seen. Hue hit's on 17 every time and is shocked when he doesn't get a blackjack. How could anyone think these things are acceptable? I could literally write at least 100 things I made note of during the season. Hue is a terrible HC. We need someone who knows how to game plan, and then actually manage the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X