Strong rumor with legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong rumor with legs

Just listening to 670 the score up here in Chicago and Hub Arkush editor and chief of Pro Football Weekly just said multiple sources are saying Jon Gruden is being courted heavily by the Oakland Raiders as their next HC. Reports say Mark Davis has always loved him and would give him the full control that his father wouldn't give him during his previous stay. Really sad and horrible for Dennis Allen seeing as how he just lost his father this past week and is in his first year. From my experience Hub Arkush is reliable when breaking NFL news and has contacts in all organizations. Seeing as how the Raiders are hated rivals I thought this was worth mentioning. Talks are still ongoing and nothing is set in stone yet, but it seems like its moving in that direction.
    Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
    Supporting this staff!
    Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

I have a feeling that Gruden likes making millions a year without all the 100 hour work weeks. I would be surprised if he starts coaching any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
      I have a feeling that Gruden likes making millions a year without all the 100 hour work weeks. I would be surprised if he starts coaching any time soon.
      I wouldn't be surprised at all if he came back to coaching. He is still young and loves the game. Coaching is hard to put down....
      sigpic

Comment

Don't do that to yourself Gruden...

You have the best job in the world right now with zero pressure or stress.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
          Don't do that to yourself Gruden...

You have the best job in the world right now with zero pressure or stress.
          he doesn't get the thrill of victory anymore and I think he misses the competition. Many times it is worth it to give up luxury and go for your passions.
          sigpic

Comment

It seems like every year Gruden is always rumored to be taking an interest with a team.

Comment

They should trade DA for Norv. Problem solved, everyone's happy.

But seriously, I would like for Gruden to stay as far from the AFC West as possible. Unless, of course, he wants to contribute to the Broncos.

Comment

Here it is:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/842/raiders-offense

According to Hub Arkush of ProFootballWeekly.com, the Raiders "are in talks" with Jon Gruden about a reunion.

That's a wild one. Aside from some fairly standard comments about being disappointed in the Raiders' rough November, owner Mark Davis has given no indication that coach Dennis Allen's job is in jeopardy. If there's so much as a grain of truth to this rumor, however, Allen's seat must be quite warm. Then again, there's scarcely a job in America Gruden hasn't been linked to since becoming a sensation in the Monday Night Football booth. If he's coming back for 2013, the odds seem extremely thin it's with the Raiders.

Dec 4 - 8:27 PM
                Maybe the Raiders are after Jon Gruden, but we don't know if there is mutual interest. I'll be surprised if Gruden leaves ESPN to work for the Raiders again. The organization has been mediocre for many years and they haven't shown any stability to keep any job at least minimally attractive.

If Gruden joins the Raiders, then he really wants to roll up his sleeves and work like crazy to turn a dying team around. His tough style would demand some big changes on the roster to remove the undisciplined players. And what is Reggie McKenzie's position in this story? McKenzie, who should be running the football operations there, hired Dennis Allen less than a year ago.

In the end, Allen might have left the AFC West champions to get the boot from the Raiders after only one season. I still don't buy this story but nothing in the NFL surprises me anymore.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm assuming then that Allen sits like Shanny was here, where he is getting a nice salary paid by the Raiders even why he is collecting somewhere else...

Sign me up!
                  sigpic
                  The Bronco fan pledge;
                  I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                  I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                  I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                  I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                  Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-father-died/

Raiders P.R. chief “disgusted” by Arkush spreading Gruden rumor on day Allen’s father died

In many respects, the post-Al Davis Raiders are very different from the team that was run for years by one of the fieriest personalities in sports.

In at least one respect, the Raiders have retained said fire.

Director of Media Relations Zak Gilbert has responded via email to the rumor, as mongered by Hub Arkush of Pro Football Weekly, that the Raiders are talking to Jon Gruden about taking a job with the team he once coached.

“Members of the media,” Gilbert writes, “[t]here are two people on this planet that have the ability to make talks happen between Jon Gruden and the Raiders, with regard to him allegedly taking over the football operations, and/or the position of head coach. Each of those individuals, owner Mark Davis and general manager Reggie McKenzie, wanted me to communicate that this rumor has no validity whatsoever. And for the record, I’m personally disgusted that Hub Arkush would spread such an untruth on the day our head coach, Dennis Allen, had to determine with his mom, his brother and sister, whether to take his dad off life support or wait and hope that he would regain consciousness. Dennis didn’t have an opportunity to say goodbye to his dad, but he did have an opportunity to take a phone call regarding Hub’s story.”

I didn’t consider Coach Allen’s personal situation when someone pointed out that Arkush had pushed the Gruden-to-Oakland rumor Tuesday afternoon on WSCR in Chicago. I should have. I likely helped make it a bigger story than it otherwise would have been, and I apologize to the Raiders and to Coach Allen for writing about the story on the same day his father passed.
                      sigpic
                      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

That was just disgusting by Arkush and he needs his rear kicked.

Comment

Working...
                        X