Anybody miss Al Davis? Fun story about the old dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody miss Al Davis? Fun story about the old dude

Awhile back, I wrote this little story about Al Davis signing Usain Bolt. Check it out if you so desire.

Bolt Signs With Raiders

I bet Shannahan misses him... something about him forgetting to pay him at the time of his departure from Raiders...
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
      I bet Shannahan misses him... something about him forgetting to pay him at the time of his departure from Raiders...
      Oh I miss those Broncos vs Raiders games when Shanahan first became the Broncos coach. So much fun with the Al Davis and Shanahan rivalry.

Comment

I liked your blog, btw.
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
          I liked your blog, btw.
          'ppreciate it! thanks.

Comment

Folks, just a reminder that this section is not a smack section, so please be mindful. It says so directly in the description of this Raider Nation Forum.

Thanks and
            sigpic
            The Bronco fan pledge;
            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Who else was an innovative and winning head coach, extremely effective league commisioner and successful team owner?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Who else was an innovative and winning head coach, extremely effective league commisioner and successful team owner?
                and effectively the reason why we still have the Broncos... my hats off to Mr. Al Davis for that reason alone.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I miss the rivalry between Shanahan and Davis. The two staring at each other all game just plain old fashion hating one another. That's the kind of thing that made this rivalry awesome.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KramerMacedonia View Post
                    Awhile back, I wrote this little story about Al Davis signing Usain Bolt. Check it out if you so desire.

Bolt Signs With Raiders
                    It's an odd article. My Dad had dementia/Alzheimers for about ten years before he passed away. I fail to see the humor.

Years ago, it was common for pro teams to sign track athletes in the attempt to turn them into football players usually at the WR position (e.g., Bob Hayes, Willie Gault).
                    Last edited by samparnell; 01-24-2013, 06:23 AM. Reason: parenthetical

Comment

Al Davis prevented the Denver Broncos from moving to Birmingham, Alabama while he was commissioner of the AFL. He saved the Broncos because he was a vsionary knowing the importance of Denver's geographic placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Death View Post
                        Al Davis prevented the Denver Broncos from moving to Birmingham, Alabama while he was commissioner of the AFL. He saved the Broncos because he was a vsionary knowing the importance of Denver's geographic placement.
                        Exactly... Sure he was always good for some laughs at the later stages of his life... But as a Broncos fan he'll always have my gratitude. Mr. Davis.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

The American Football League of the 1960s was a breath of fresh air in the world of pro football. I loved it. Without Al Davis, I wonder if the merger would have happened? He was a great man in the world of football.

Comment

I miss Al. The rivalry feels less special without him around
                            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                            X