Colin Cowherd really bashing the Broncos' draft this morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JrtheFreak
    Bench Warmer
    • Sep 2004

Colin Cowherd really bashing the Broncos' draft this morning...

and I can't say I disagree with him.

I hope McD and Tebow prove him (and all the others) wrong...
    Superbowl 50 Champs!
  • -Rod-
    #TeamBroncos
    • Mar 2008

Who?

10 chars
    sigpic

Comment

• Hoserman117
      Pwnin' Nubz
      • Dec 2006

Oh noooo! Now we're doomed to fail!!!

Comment

• BroncosTX77
        Rainman
        • Sep 2006

Cowturd falls inline with Dukes, Woodson, and Steve Young all Bronco haters. So I wouldn't put any stock into what he says.

Comment

• BRich
          Starter
          • Apr 2007

I expect that a lot today.

However - none of these critics really know anybody from McD's draft other than Tebow. Outside of Tebow, most actual experts actually dig the rest of Josh's picks. Cowherd...well...he ain't no expert!

Comment

• chazoe60
            Banned User
            • Sep 2008

Colin Cowherd is the biggest elitist ***** bag in the history of sports radio. He is such a creep.

Comment

• igoe4broncos
              Practice Squad
              • Oct 2004

LOL at Cowherd. He has about as much credability as I do.
              sigpic
              D.J. Williams - My 2011 adopted Bronco

Comment

• donkeyDookie
                Practice Squad
                • Apr 2009

:clap:
                Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                Who?

:clap:

Comment

• CaseP
                  Practice Squad
                  • Mar 2006

I don't mind Cowherd bashing the Broncos by now we should all expect it. What really bugged me is his whole line of reasoning was wrong. His rant was that we lost Brandon Marshall and then took Tebow in the first round. Not once did he bother to mention the Broncos drafting Demaryius Thomas 3 picks before we got Tebow. I sent him and e-mail asking if he was clueless to the Thomas pick or if he forgot to mention it since it ruined his overall rant.

Comment

• KWHIT97
                    Master of the Mock
                    • Oct 2007

It amazes me how these so-called experts say we had such a bad draft and they are basing thier entire opinion on the fact that we traded up and maybe reached for an incredible football player who needs some tweaking but is a damn good player nonetheless.

DeMaryius Thomas = solid pick, he is a little raw but he has the size and speed to replace Marshal in our offense eventually, 22 is right about where he was projected to go and alot of experts said he was the #1 WR ahead of Bryant because of Bryant's character concerns.

Zane Beadles = not a terrible pick, I was a little puzzled by this one and I think we reached on him. I would have much rather had Ducasse but hey, McDaniels worked them both out and talked to both of them and odviously he saw something in Zane, this is the one pick I wasn't really crazy about but it doesn't make or break my opinion on this draft.

J.D. Walton = grat pick, this is where the draft really starts to roll as there is no way the clear-cut #2 C should have lasted this long. This fills maybe our biggest need heading into the draft.

Eric Decker = an absolute steal, everyone I've heard talk about it loves this pick and I do to. Decker will be a great possession type reciever while Thomas is the deep threat. I think Decker fills Marshall's role more than Thomas does as he will gobble up the underneath stuff.

Perrish Cox = Steal of this entire draft, another pick that everyone seems to love. Cox should have been a 1st round pick and to get him in the 5th round is just retarded. this pick solidified this draft!

This is the best draft we've had in years, and I cannot see why more people don't see this.

It amazes me how people think we reached so bad on Tebow but San Diego trades up to #12 to take a RB who was considered a borderline 1st rounder and everyone applauds it, man these guys are clowns and thier hatred for McDaniels and Denver is unproffesional!

Comment

• Broncos Bassist
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by CaseP View Post
                      I don't mind Cowherd bashing the Broncos by now we should all expect it. What really bugged me is his whole line of reasoning was wrong. His rant was that we lost Brandon Marshall and then took Tebow in the first round. Not once did he bother to mention the Broncos drafting Demaryius Thomas 3 picks before we got Tebow. I sent him and e-mail asking if he was clueless to the Thomas pick or if he forgot to mention it since it ruined his overall rant.
                      Not to mention Decker in the third round. To me, we had some of the highest value picks in this draft in him and Cox, but I'm not paid to bloviate on the merits of college football players. Cowherd is one of the worst -- pay him no attention.
                      sigpic

Comment

• chazoe60
                        Banned User
                        • Sep 2008

Cowherd is always preeching about how he doesn't care about underdogs or that the only thing that matters is that a team be "interesting". He overused that word so much it makes me want to puke. "Interesting this interesting that. Well, at least they're interesting.". I can't count how many times I've heard him say stuff like that. Yet when we draft the most "interesting" player in the entire draft he bashes us.

The entire week before the Vince Young rose bowl game all he would say was "Texas shouldn't even be on the same field as USC. Texas has zero chance of winning that game.". And the week after, not a mention of how wrong he was. The guy is a tool and a disgrace considering he took over for TK "Stack money".

Comment

• zblake10
                          Practice Squad
                          • Mar 2010

what do u expect when u take a developmental quarterback in the 1st round over Clausen.

Comment

• PopCornMuscles
                            Practice Squad
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
                            and I can't say I disagree with him.

I hope McD and Tebow prove him (and all the others) wrong...
                            Man... every person with a microphone in front of them are bashing us...
                            sigpic

Defense Wins Championships!

Comment

• Pratama
                              Special Teams
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by PopCornMuscles View Post
                              Man... every person with a microphone in front of them are bashing us...
                              Yeah, but every person who ever wore a headset and stood on the sidelines of a football team is praising the pick (ok, not every person, but you know what I mean). Their opinions carry more weight than the bobbing heads in the media whose job is to get us talking and to keep us watching/listening/reading. At the end of the day - the Broncos FO is really the only opinion that matters on this subject.

Oh and by the way - we drafted other people too. They could also talk about:

1) Getting the 2nd best (according to scouts) WR in the draft, late in the first round

2) Picking up Eric Decker late - a steal as a previous poster said

3) Picking up Perrish Cox VERY late - many think this is the steal of the draft.
                              Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X