Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324

    If Darren McFadden has a disappointing year...?

    how far does he fall (assuming its not injury) and should we get him?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    how far does he fall (assuming its not injury) and should we get him?
    yeah sure if he falls to 32nd (which is where well pick). its not gonna happen though, there is so much hype surrounding this guy he is a lock for a top 5 pick unless he breaks both of his legs
    @MisterBerman

    Go Broncos

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by mb3playa View Post
    yeah sure if he falls to 32nd (which is where well pick). its not gonna happen though, there is so much hype surrounding this guy he is a lock for a top 5 pick unless he breaks both of his legs
    Yeah, youre probably right. Look at Cedric Benson as an example. Even playing for Texas he barely averaged 5 yards per carry and also 2 RBs went in front of him and he was still top 5.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ready and Waiting on the Sidelines...
    Posts
    1,651
    1) he wont fall that far.

    2) We dont need him. Travis Henry will be a beast (providing he isn't injured)

    3) Both Mike Bell and Andre Hall would be serviceable backs for the Broncos at this point. We would be wiser to focus on an area of need since there are only a few areas we would need to focus on. Most likely DT, Safety, Wide Recievers, and O-Linemen...


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,793
    I could see us trading up for a stud safety or defensive tackle prospect.

    If we were to take a RB (which we won't), I'd rather stay put and take Jonathan Stewart or Felix Jones as opposed to trading up for McFadden.

    IMO, McFadden is not as good as AD or Reggie.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I could see us trading up for a stud safety or defensive tackle prospect.

    If we were to take a RB (which we won't), I'd rather stay put and take Jonathan Stewart or Felix Jones as opposed to trading up for McFadden.

    IMO, McFadden is not as good as AD or Reggie.
    No, McFadden would bring a higher level of assurance that he is suited to play RUNNING BACK as opposed to WR. Bush hasnt proven he is a RB yet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    No, McFadden would bring a higher level of assurance that he is suited to play RUNNING BACK as opposed to WR. Bush hasnt proven he is a RB yet.
    Well, I think Denver is fine at RUNNING BACK, and McFadden in all likelyhood, will be well out of reach anyway.

    Say for example, when Denver is on the clock, Kenny Phillips and Darren McFadden are both on the board. I would take Phillips without hesitation. The same goes for Jake Long, Calais Campbell, and Glenn Dorsey.
    Last edited by Max Power; 08-24-2007 at 07:56 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    No, McFadden would bring a higher level of assurance that he is suited to play RUNNING BACK as opposed to WR. Bush hasnt proven he is a RB yet.
    Man, if you asked me hey, who do you want on the Broncos? McFadden, or Bush? I would take bush in a heart beat. Our O-line gets 1,000 yards out of pretty bad Running backs, what would Bush do behind our line? Yeah. Can you imagine what Shanny would do with somebody like that? He'd rush for like 1300 yards and get another 1000 receiving. It wouldn't even be fair.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Well, I think Denver is fine at RUNNING BACK, and McFadden in all likelyhood, will be well out of reach anyway.

    Say for example, when Denver is on the clock, Kenny Phillips and Darren McFadden are both on the board. I would take Phillips without hesitation. The same goes for Jake Long, Calais Campbell, and Glenn Dorsey.
    Well if we were drafting high enough where all those guys were available that would mean RB was the least of our worries and naturally it would increase the necessity to focus on need if we were picking that high but thats why I was addressing the possibility of McFadden sliding. Having a choice among all those guys was never part of the scenario I was alluding to.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,245
    barring injury, the lowest he drops is to the LT spot (#5)

    which is fitting since he is the next LT ...bank on it, this guy is the real deal

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    barring injury, the lowest he drops is to the LT spot (#5)

    which is fitting since he is the next LT ...bank on it, this guy is the real deal
    I agree he is an outstanding prospect but so is Steve Slaton and if Slaton has a better year coupled with not many teams needing a RB at 1-5, I can see him sliding a little bit. Barring injury, Id say #10 though.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    I cannot think of any possible situation, regarding a catastrophic injury where McFadden is not a top three selection.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I cannot think of any possible situation, regarding a catastrophic injury where McFadden is not a top three selection.
    The top 3 teams need a DT, LT or something else and/or they like Steve Slaton more.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I cannot think of any possible situation, regarding a catastrophic injury where McFadden is not a top three selection.
    If what lex suggested happened that McFadden and a poor season running ball, yes he would fall.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If what lex suggested happened that McFadden and a poor season running ball, yes he would fall.
    Heh, not really. McFadden would have to seriously disappoint to fall out of the first few picks. McFadden has all-world talent, which is something most don't have.

    When it comes to players like McFadden, they're exceptions to the rule. A guy like Ryan Harris, who was a first-round talent after his junior season regressed as a senior and his stock slipped because of it. (Also a few other reasons, which I won't get my mind going on.) McFadden is a top talent in this draft, regardless of how he plays this year.

    The only way he's going to disappoint is if he's seriously injured, and if that's the case - I bet he goes back for his senior season. He's going to get the ball. He'll run it, he'll catch it and he'll produce. Even if he only runs for 1,000 yards - he's still going in the top several selections.

    There's a reason why there can be running backs who run for 1,000 yards every year of college and still be mid-round selections. It has to do with talent, and McFadden has it, and his game translates well into the NFL.

    Unless he has a catastrophic injury, he is going in the top three to five selections. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. You can take that to the bank. He's good eight days out of the week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •