Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

If Darren McFadden has a disappointing year...?

how far does he fall (assuming its not injury) and should we get him?

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    how far does he fall (assuming its not injury) and should we get him?
    yeah sure if he falls to 32nd (which is where well pick). its not gonna happen though, there is so much hype surrounding this guy he is a lock for a top 5 pick unless he breaks both of his legs
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by mb3playa View Post
    yeah sure if he falls to 32nd (which is where well pick). its not gonna happen though, there is so much hype surrounding this guy he is a lock for a top 5 pick unless he breaks both of his legs
    Yeah, youre probably right. Look at Cedric Benson as an example. Even playing for Texas he barely averaged 5 yards per carry and also 2 RBs went in front of him and he was still top 5.

1) he wont fall that far.

2) We dont need him. Travis Henry will be a beast (providing he isn't injured)

3) Both Mike Bell and Andre Hall would be serviceable backs for the Broncos at this point. We would be wiser to focus on an area of need since there are only a few areas we would need to focus on. Most likely DT, Safety, Wide Recievers, and O-Linemen...

I could see us trading up for a stud safety or defensive tackle prospect.

If we were to take a RB (which we won't), I'd rather stay put and take Jonathan Stewart or Felix Jones as opposed to trading up for McFadden.

IMO, McFadden is not as good as AD or Reggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

If we were to take a RB (which we won't), I'd rather stay put and take Jonathan Stewart or Felix Jones as opposed to trading up for McFadden.

No, McFadden would bring a higher level of assurance that he is suited to play RUNNING BACK as opposed to WR. Bush hasnt proven he is a RB yet.

No, McFadden would bring a higher level of assurance that he is suited to play RUNNING BACK as opposed to WR. Bush hasnt proven he is a RB yet.
    Well, I think Denver is fine at RUNNING BACK, and McFadden in all likelyhood, will be well out of reach anyway.

Say for example, when Denver is on the clock, Kenny Phillips and Darren McFadden are both on the board. I would take Phillips without hesitation. The same goes for Jake Long, Calais Campbell, and Glenn Dorsey.
    Last edited by Max Power; 08-24-2007 at 07:56 AM.

Well, I think Denver is fine at RUNNING BACK, and McFadden in all likelyhood, will be well out of reach anyway.

Say for example, when Denver is on the clock, Kenny Phillips and Darren McFadden are both on the board. I would take Phillips without hesitation. The same goes for Jake Long, Calais Campbell, and Glenn Dorsey.
    Well if we were drafting high enough where all those guys were available that would mean RB was the least of our worries and naturally it would increase the necessity to focus on need if we were picking that high but thats why I was addressing the possibility of McFadden sliding. Having a choice among all those guys was never part of the scenario I was alluding to.

Man, if you asked me hey, who do you want on the Broncos? McFadden, or Bush? I would take bush in a heart beat. Our O-line gets 1,000 yards out of pretty bad Running backs, what would Bush do behind our line? Yeah. Can you imagine what Shanny would do with somebody like that? He'd rush for like 1300 yards and get another 1000 receiving. It wouldn't even be fair.

McFadden is grossly sick.

The guy is a beast in college, and he's going to be a better NFL RB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofdv...elated&search=

2:37 mark gives me goosebumps.

The astounding thing is he does this against SEC defenses, which are the fastest defenses in college.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

The astounding thing is he does this against SEC defenses, which are the fastest defenses in college.
    That was against LSU!

This guy will be beastly in the NFL.

Is it a COC violation to egg guys on?
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

Dude youre pointing out the obvious. And that video didnt even show everything. In the LSU game he was actually able to turn the corner on pure speed. The players were in position to string the play out but McFadden still was able to turn the corner. I can tell you how rare it is to see this in the SEC. As I think about it it might have been pure speed or he may have turned on the speed and suckered the DBs by running slightly slower initially...either way, to be able to do what he did is exceptional.

McFadden is better than AD and Reggie is not a running back, he is a WR that makes plays every now and then.

But no we do not need McFadden

1) Hes a top 5 pick and is projected by many to be one of the first 3 picks

2) You guys have Henry so why do you need another back.

3) Even if you did get the pick Denver would probably take a defense player

4) Even if he has a bad season, baring injury he will still go in the top 5

5) There is no 5 i just want it to sound like i have more reasons.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination