If Darren McFadden has a disappointing year...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xX-Bronco-Xx
    Is this the real life?
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    McFadden is grossly sick.

The guy is a beast in college, and he's going to be a better NFL RB.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2:37 mark gives me goosebumps.

The astounding thing is he does this against SEC defenses, which are the fastest defenses in college.
    That was against LSU!

This guy will be beastly in the NFL.

Comment

• silkamilkamonic
      Sir-Nasty!
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
      That was against LSU!

This guy will be beastly in the NFL.
      I know dude isn't that nuts?

LSU was one of the fastest defenses in the nation last year.

"Say Goodbye!!"

Comment

• tnedator
        All-Pro
        • Oct 2004

I know dude isn't that nuts?

LSU was one of the fastest defenses in the nation last year.

"Say Goodbye!!"
        I know the phrase, "a threat to score any time he touches the ball" is overused, and in reality is often not true when used on backs, but the fact is that McFadden really is a thread to score every time he touches the ball, whether it is a screen pass, outside run, a jumbo offense run designed to simply pickup the first down, kick return, etc.

The guy is insane.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Broncosinindy
          Thunder God
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by lex View Post
          I agree that he and Peterson are top caliber, however, there was no Steve Slaton in the draft last year. If Steve Slaton has a big year (and its possible if not likely) then he may win over some GMs. If Slaton stays healthy he might very well have 2000 yards and win the Heisman trophy. Slaton also plays in a weaker conference than McFadden though and its going to be easier for Slaton to impress scouts.
          Steve slanton is good but he does not have the intangibles like Mcfadden does. Slanton is a warrick dunn type back. i doubt he could take the pounding at the pro leval. isnt he like 195 lbs.
          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
          While he sits by his hearth at home.
          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

• Broncosinindy
            Thunder God
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dream View Post
            Yet again, I said define a bad season, which it seems you guys are incapable of doing. I guess I must sound delusional since the question posed with fit that category as well. Everyone needs to stop kidding themselves here, it's not going to happen. McFadden goes in the top five. Enough said.
            Remember AD was supposed to be the TOP pick a couple of months ago at the begining of the year. he dropped to 7th DM could drop but i doubt it if he does. he is only gonna hurt himself with a injury. if Defenses start keying on him alot more i dont think it should hurt his stock. only way i see him drop is injury

I am gonna aggree with dream on this one. Defender of Dream is what you can call me ... lol

Comment

• Broncosinindy
              Thunder God
              • Mar 2004

Is it a COC violation to egg guys on?

Comment

• tnedator
                All-Pro
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                Is it a COC violation to egg guys on?
                No, but possibly CP worthy.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• lex
                  Banned User
                  • Feb 2007

McFadden is grossly sick.

The guy is a beast in college, and he's going to be a better NFL RB.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2:37 mark gives me goosebumps.

The astounding thing is he does this against SEC defenses, which are the fastest defenses in college.
                  Dude youre pointing out the obvious. And that video didnt even show everything. In the LSU game he was actually able to turn the corner on pure speed. The players were in position to string the play out but McFadden still was able to turn the corner. I can tell you how rare it is to see this in the SEC. As I think about it it might have been pure speed or he may have turned on the speed and suckered the DBs by running slightly slower initially...either way, to be able to do what he did is exceptional.

Comment

• silkamilkamonic
                    Sir-Nasty!
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lex View Post
                    Dude youre pointing out the obvious. And that video didnt even show everything. In the LSU game he was actually able to turn the corner on pure speed. The players were in position to string the play out but McFadden still was able to turn the corner. I can tell you how rare it is to see this in the SEC. As I think about it it might have been pure speed or he may have turned on the speed and suckered the DBs by running slightly slower initially...either way, to be able to do what he did is exceptional.
                    I'm just showing a highlight of the guy that's all.

Darren McFadden is a combination of Adrian Peterson's vision and power and Reggie Bush's speed and elusiveness.

If Denver sturggles out of the gate I'm hoping for a run at McFadden, and it will likely take the #1 pick, considering the position the Cowboys are in.

Comment

• mb3playa
                      Practice Squad
                      • Oct 2005

Darren McFadden is a combination of Adrian Peterson's vision and power and Reggie Bush's speed and elusiveness.

If Denver sturggles out of the gate I'm hoping for a run at McFadden, and it will likely take the #1 pick, considering the position the Cowboys are in.
                      i highly doubt that the cowboys will take a RB with their first pick. marion barber is entering his 3rd nfl season, and they have julius jones
                      @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

• tnedator
                        All-Pro
                        • Oct 2004

Do the Cowboys have someones fist pick next year?

sigpic

Comment

• Dream
                          Banned User
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
                          Do the Cowboys have someones fist pick next year?
                          Cleveland's, which unless they completely surprise should do them some damage.

Comment

• silkamilkamonic
                            Sir-Nasty!
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by mb3playa View Post
                            i highly doubt that the cowboys will take a RB with their first pick. marion barber is entering his 3rd nfl season, and they have julius jones
                            Jones has been on record as stating his love affair with McFadden, and there have been reports that Dallas has been unhappy with their RB's consistency for moving the ball between the 20's, and McFadden could possibly be a big solution to that problem.

Comment

• ChrisSimpy
                              Special Teams
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by mb3playa View Post
                              Julius jones is a free agent after this year. Why would they resign him if they have a high enough pick for Darren Mcfadden
                              sigpic

Comment

• stnzed
                                Banned User
                                • Oct 2005

McFadden.

Pigeon-toed! Never amount to jack squat!

Reminds me of a faster Marcus Allen, maybe little bit of another USC back that shall remain nameless....

Comment

Working...
                                X