Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Heh, not really. McFadden would have to seriously disappoint to fall out of the first few picks. McFadden has all-world talent, which is something most don't have.

    When it comes to players like McFadden, they're exceptions to the rule. A guy like Ryan Harris, who was a first-round talent after his junior season regressed as a senior and his stock slipped because of it. (Also a few other reasons, which I won't get my mind going on.) McFadden is a top talent in this draft, regardless of how he plays this year.

    The only way he's going to disappoint is if he's seriously injured, and if that's the case - I bet he goes back for his senior season. He's going to get the ball. He'll run it, he'll catch it and he'll produce. Even if he only runs for 1,000 yards - he's still going in the top several selections.

    There's a reason why there can be running backs who run for 1,000 yards every year of college and still be mid-round selections. It has to do with talent, and McFadden has it, and his game translates well into the NFL.

    Unless he has a catastrophic injury, he is going in the top three to five selections. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. You can take that to the bank. He's good eight days out of the week.
    That's what lex was saying Dream, and it that case I think he is right, its means he wouldn't rush for a 1,000 yards.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    That's what lex was saying Dream, and it that case I think he is right, its means he wouldn't rush for a 1,000 yards.
    It's not even a worthwhile question worth asking since it's not going to happen anyways. All teams are going to stack the box with McFadden and Jones there, so I'd expect their running game to struggle. Even if McFadden ran for 900 yards, (which he will beat, big time) he'd still go that high because of his talent. It's a pipe dream question to say the least, and the Broncos have absolutely no shot in getting McFadden.

    End of story.

    There's a lot more to account for than him just not getting 1,000 yards. Such as the factors why he didn't achieve that, etc. He's going to blow minds at the combine anyways, and we all know how the combine can help terrible players sky rocket. However, McFadden isn't a terrible player, and he's going to perform well.

    No worries. It's not going to happen.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    It's not even a worthwhile question worth asking since it's not going to happen anyways. All teams are going to stack the box with McFadden and Jones there, so I'd expect their running game to struggle. Even if McFadden ran for 900 yards, (which he will beat, big time) he'd still go that high because of his talent. It's a pipe dream question to say the least, and the Broncos have absolutely no shot in getting McFadden.

    End of story.

    There's a lot more to account for than him just not getting 1,000 yards. Such as the factors why he didn't achieve that, etc. He's going to blow minds at the combine anyways, and we all know how the combine can help terrible players sky rocket. However, McFadden isn't a terrible player, and he's going to perform well.

    No worries. It's not going to happen.
    OK, youre in love with McFadden. We get it. No one is saying he isnt uber talented. But McFadden plays in the SEC and there are question marks at QB for Ark. Plus McFadden will get greater attention this year. Its not out of the question that he may struggle. And that could open the door for someone else to impress NFL teams.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    OK, youre in love with McFadden. We get it. No one is saying he isnt uber talented. But McFadden plays in the SEC and there are question marks at QB for Ark. Plus McFadden will get greater attention this year. Its not out of the question that he may struggle. And that could open the door for someone else to impress NFL teams.
    Actually, it's not the case at all. I know a superb prospect when I see one, and McFadden just happens to be one.

    I'm well aware of what's happening at the Arkansas program, and believe me - the questions surrounding the situation there would lead for McFadden and Jones to see even more touches.

    He's not going to struggle enough for him to drop.

    Case closed.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Actually, it's not the case at all. I know a superb prospect when I see one, and McFadden just happens to be one.

    I'm well aware of what's happening at the Arkansas program, and believe me - the questions surrounding the situation there would lead for McFadden and Jones to see even more touches.

    He's not going to struggle enough for him to drop.

    Case closed.

    Bleh. Stop acting like youre the only one who thinks he's a talent. The fact that I was asking about him is indication that youre not the only one who thinks highly of him. No one disputes that he's talented. But the question hinges on perception if things dont go as well this year. Different GMs like guys for different reasons. The perception migh change if McFadden doesnt do well and he is supplanted by, say, Slaton and someone else.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Bleh. Stop acting like youre the only one who thinks he's a talent. The fact that I was asking about him is indication that youre not the only one who thinks highly of him. No one disputes that he's talented. But the question hinges on perception if things dont go as well this year. Different GMs like guys for different reasons. The perception migh change if McFadden doesnt do well and he is supplanted by, say, Slaton and someone else.

    Regardless of what Dream says if McFadden had a bad season he could significantly.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I cannot think of any possible situation, regarding a catastrophic injury where McFadden is not a top three selection.
    Was he on the cover of SI nation wide or was that a regional thing, because I am in Arkansas he would be on the cover if they did it regionally.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Actually, it's not the case at all. I know a superb prospect when I see one, and McFadden just happens to be one.

    I'm well aware of what's happening at the Arkansas program, and believe me - the questions surrounding the situation there would lead for McFadden and Jones to see even more touches.

    He's not going to struggle enough for him to drop.

    Case closed.
    I think you are right about more touches, not less. The OC that was going to open things up, is gone. His QB (Mustain) that was supposed to be used in the wide open, shotgun heavy offense, is also gone. At this point, Ark will likey retain it's run first, run second, and then run again attitute for a while longer and McFadden and Jones will be workhorses.

    Will McFadden have a better or worse year? Hard to say, but it's hard to imagine seeing him drop beyond the first handful of picks.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717
    Even if McFadden is on the board when we are picking next year, I don't think it would make any sense to draft him. I don't buy into the "best guy on the board" draft strategy. I think you should fill a need, ESPECIALLY in the first round. We can make pretty much any RB good and I don't think we should waste a first round pick on it, especially if we are trying to win now.
    Last edited by BaileyTheBest; 08-24-2007 at 03:27 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Bleh. Stop acting like youre the only one who thinks he's a talent. The fact that I was asking about him is indication that youre not the only one who thinks highly of him. No one disputes that he's talented. But the question hinges on perception if things dont go as well this year. Different GMs like guys for different reasons. The perception migh change if McFadden doesnt do well and he is supplanted by, say, Slaton and someone else.
    I'm not acting like that, I'm just stating the facts. Just because I'm right, (which I am) doesn't mean that I think I'm the only person who thinks McFadden is a superb talent. Most people do, and those who do realize that know that unless he loses an arm, leg or another limb, he's going on the top handful of picks. Count it.

    Also, the GM thing really doesn't cut it. Slaton is a great prospect, but teams will want a guy with the size and ability to carry the rock 30 times a game. McFadden gives you that, and catching ability. Slaton more or less, doesn't. He could give you 30 touches a game easy, but McFadden hands down is the better all-around player. I'd almost guarantee when they come out, if they both do - McFadden's grade on draft boards will be higher on almost every count compared to Slaton's.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Regardless of what Dream says if McFadden had a bad season he could significantly.
    If you two would actually stop beating around the bush and define "bad season" - maybe your argument would hold some water. It's really too bad the buckets each of you are holding have holes in the bottom.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Was he on the cover of SI nation wide or was that a regional thing, because I am in Arkansas he would be on the cover if they did it regionally.
    I'm not sure what cover he'd be on. I don't really look at SI magazines, I don't even read the subscription to ESPN that I have. Your guess is as good as mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    I think you are right about more touches, not less. The OC that was going to open things up, is gone. His QB (Mustain) that was supposed to be used in the wide open, shotgun heavy offense, is also gone. At this point, Ark will likey retain it's run first, run second, and then run again attitute for a while longer and McFadden and Jones will be workhorses.

    Will McFadden have a better or worse year? Hard to say, but it's hard to imagine seeing him drop beyond the first handful of picks.
    It's the SEC, and people pound the ball - you're absolutely right. There's no reason why McFadden shouldn't be able to have a successful year. Do I think he'll replicate this past year? Possibly, but I doubt it. Teams are going to stack the box because they know they're going to run the football. It's just too bad that Arkansas has two backs teams have to account for which makes them very dangerous.

    Fact is, and it is indeed a fact, McFadden is a top five prospect in this draft, even without declaring. Where the teams finish don't even matter this year. Minnesota is a fine example of a top ten selection team, who had an above-average running game and didn't really need a running back, but took one because the value was so excellent.

    When scouts evaluate McFadden's tape this year, they'll still rave about the kid. . . even if he barely breaks 1,000 yards. The people who know the game will understand (why perhaps) the dip in production and it most certainly wouldn't be because the guy lacks talent.

    This isn't even a debate worth arguing over any longer (I agree with you, I'm just stating my case again.) because unless McFadden is seriously hurt, he's going to do well and go as high as everyone is saying.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I'm not acting like that, I'm just stating the facts. Just because I'm right, (which I am) doesn't mean that I think I'm the only person who thinks McFadden is a superb talent. Most people do, and those who do realize that know that unless he loses an arm, leg or another limb, he's going on the top handful of picks. Count it.

    Also, the GM thing really doesn't cut it. Slaton is a great prospect, but teams will want a guy with the size and ability to carry the rock 30 times a game. McFadden gives you that, and catching ability. Slaton more or less, doesn't. He could give you 30 touches a game easy, but McFadden hands down is the better all-around player. I'd almost guarantee when they come out, if they both do - McFadden's grade on draft boards will be higher on almost every count compared to Slaton's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    If you two would actually stop beating around the bush and define "bad season" - maybe your argument would hold some water. It's really too bad the buckets each of you are holding have holes in the bottom.
    Stop with the petulance already. Youre acting like a small child who says theyre right "because I said so" or "because I called it." Grow up.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Stop with the petulance already. Youre acting like a small child who says theyre right "because I said so" or "because I called it." Grow up.
    It's not "because I said so" it's just because I am right.

    There's no way, besides serious injury (Broken leg, ACL tear) - that McFadden is slipping down past the first handful of picks. Adrian Peterson, even with injuries, still went top ten, and I'd consider McFadden to have just as much potential.

    Instead of debating me (like you both have) - debate the issue. Refute what I said, and if you can do that, maybe the arguments would be logical. When it comes to the NFL Draft, the elite prospects, even if they "disappoint" (which you still haven't defined, which would be central to your argument) they don't slip out of the first ten selections.

    The franchise players, like McFadden - go high. There's a difference between a regular first-round player, say a Jarvis Moss - and a Gaines Adams. A huge difference. Considering this is a relatively weak running back class pending the junior entrants, teams in need of a running back are going to try and get the cream of the crop as early as possible.

    So where I might argue the "hypothetical" injury part, I'm also backing up why McFadden won't fall based on the talent of this class, needs - and the truth about franchise players.

    What's your argument? Well, actually it was just a question.

    "If he disappointed at Arkansas, do you think he could slip?"

    Anything is possible, but it's extremely unlikely in the case of McFadden considering his talent level, the comparative talent in this class, his franchise elements and the fact that teams will be needing a running back.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,952
    1) Hes a top 5 pick and is projected by many to be one of the first 3 picks


    2) You guys have Henry so why do you need another back.


    3) Even if you did get the pick Denver would probably take a defense player


    4) Even if he has a bad season, baring injury he will still go in the top 5


    5) There is no 5 i just want it to sound like i have more reasons.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •