Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 75
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Yet again, I said define a bad season, which it seems you guys are incapable of doing. I guess I must sound delusional since the question posed with fit that category as well. Everyone needs to stop kidding themselves here, it's not going to happen. McFadden goes in the top five. Enough said.
    You've said "enough said" and "case closed" like, what, 6 times now? Why dont you stick to that. I mean, I agree. Youre not getting traction but if youre going to say stuff like "case closed" as often as you have, it looks really ridiculous.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    You've said "enough said" and "case closed" like, what, 6 times now? Why dont you stick to that. I mean, I agree. Youre not getting traction but if youre going to say stuff like "case closed" as often as you have, it looks really ridiculous.
    Even more ridiculous than posing the absurdity that the Broncos would have the chance to get Darren McFadden?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    It's also going to be easy for scouts to realize that, "Slaton played in a weaker conference." and also factor that into their overall grading process as well.
    Youre not even making a point. No one is saying some scouts wont do as you say but 32 scouts is a lot to account for and when you see one guy run all over teams and one guy struggle, its not out of the question that it would affect the outlook of some scouts. Yeah, Im sure no one doubts that some will factor that in heavily but for some, over time seeing one guy have more success than the other could easily impact their opinion. Again, youre not really making a point unless its your assertion that all scouts share the same opinion, which is kind of going out on a limb.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,648
    Guys, this is crystal ball stuff. No matter how much you guys jab at each other, we aren't going to know until next April.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Even more ridiculous than posing the absurdity that the Broncos would have the chance to get Darren McFadden?
    Yeah, but not more ridiculous than your flailing posts that try to make a point. It was a hypothetical question. As such, its not an assertion that McFadden will struggle or that he will slide. It was addressing an if/then scenario. You have repeatedly failed to wrap your mind around this. Again, if you have questions or need clarification you should just ask and not try to kill the thread for everyone else. Just for your benefit (because Im a nice guy) Ive cited an instructional aid for you that should help you be a better participant in this thread. Here you go:

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypothetical

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Youre not even making a point. No one is saying some scouts wont do as you say but 32 scouts is a lot to account for and when you see one guy run all over teams and one guy struggle, its not out of the question that it would affect the outlook of some scouts. Yeah, Im sure no one doubts that some will factor that in heavily but for some, over time seeing one guy have more success than the other could easily impact their opinion. Again, youre not really making a point unless its your assertion that all scouts share the same opinion, which is kind of going out on a limb.
    Of course I'm making a point, but you're just failing to see it because you continually demonstrate how little you know about player evaluation and the scouting process as a whole. For example, here. . .

    Point of information and clarification: There are more than 32 scouts.

    Secondly, you made the assertion that the Big East is a lesser conference than the SEC. Thus, I formulated my opinion that if you admit that the Big East is a lesser conference, the successes of Slaton compared to McFadden's from the SEC will not be enough to throw Slaton over McFadden on most boards. Players who come from "lax" conferences tend to grade out lower than those who come from big programs and put up consistent numbers, although the "lax" conference players are consistent as well. There are reasons for this, but I'm not going to go into them.

    I'm sure that if both come out, there will be teams who prefer Slaton over McFadden; it just depends on the team and the system, however - McFadden is a complete back, with all of the skills necessary to be successful at the NFL level, and I'd be willing to bet that over 80% of the boards come the time of the draft (if both declare) will have McFadden over Slaton.

    I'm not going to bother going into detail anymore on here, because it just seems like you're "arguing to argue" rather than trying to have a realistic debate with logic.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Yeah, but not more ridiculous than your flailing posts that try to make a point. It was a hypothetical question. As such, its not an assertion that McFadden will struggle or that he will slide. It was addressing an if/then scenario. You have repeatedly failed to wrap your mind around this. Again, if you have questions or need clarification you should just ask and not try to kill the thread for everyone else. Just for your benefit (because Im a nice guy) Ive cited an instructional aid for you that should help you be a better participant in this thread. Here you go:

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypothetical
    I'm very aware that it was a hypothetical question, but I'm telling you in the non-hypothetical world, that McFadden isn't going to struggle and he isn't going to fall down draft boards. Even if he doesn't replicate his sophomore season, he's going to be a top five pick. It's a given, unless he suffers a severe injury.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Guys, this is crystal ball stuff. No matter how much you guys jab at each other, we aren't going to know until next April.
    I have never said anything to the contrary.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I'm very aware that it was a hypothetical question, but I'm telling you in the non-hypothetical world, that McFadden isn't going to struggle and he isn't going to fall down draft boards. Even if he doesn't replicate his sophomore season, he's going to be a top five pick. It's a given, unless he suffers a severe injury.
    The point has been repeatedly made that discussing this scenario is not an assertion that McFadden will struggle yet you feel compelled to drone on about this as if the fact that McFadden is good isnt obvious to others as well. That very fact is indication that you were not aware that its hypothetical...unless you are saying that you like making inane posts.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Of course I'm making a point, but you're just failing to see it because you continually demonstrate how little you know about player evaluation and the scouting process as a whole. For example, here. . .

    Point of information and clarification: There are more than 32 scouts.

    Secondly, you made the assertion that the Big East is a lesser conference than the SEC. Thus, I formulated my opinion that if you admit that the Big East is a lesser conference, the successes of Slaton compared to McFadden's from the SEC will not be enough to throw Slaton over McFadden on most boards. Players who come from "lax" conferences tend to grade out lower than those who come from big programs and put up consistent numbers, although the "lax" conference players are consistent as well. There are reasons for this, but I'm not going to go into them.

    I'm sure that if both come out, there will be teams who prefer Slaton over McFadden; it just depends on the team and the system, however - McFadden is a complete back, with all of the skills necessary to be successful at the NFL level, and I'd be willing to bet that over 80% of the boards come the time of the draft (if both declare) will have McFadden over Slaton.

    I'm not going to bother going into detail anymore on here, because it just seems like you're "arguing to argue" rather than trying to have a realistic debate with logic.
    Yeah, you win a cookie. I said scouts because earlier I was talking about the 32 GMs and then I started to use youre term but I was using it interchangeably with GMs. OK, so what? Its not like I dont know teams staff more than one scout. If thats what youre jumping on then thats just desperation. You arent getting traction elsewhere so you point out machs nichts stuff like this.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    The point has been repeatedly made that discussing this scenario is not an assertion that McFadden will struggle yet you feel compelled to drone on about this as if the fact that McFadden is good isnt obvious to others as well. That very fact is indication that you were not aware that its hypothetical...unless you are saying that you like making inane posts.
    Of course I knew it was a hypothetical question.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Of course I knew it was a hypothetical question.
    Honestly, Im not even reading all of your posts. Im kind of getting bored with youre inane spewage.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Its not like I dont know teams staff more than one scout.
    Das will nicht viel sagen.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Das will nicht viel sagen.

    You screwed it up.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    McFadden is grossly sick.

    The guy is a beast in college, and he's going to be a better NFL RB.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofdv...elated&search=

    2:37 mark gives me goosebumps.

    The astounding thing is he does this against SEC defenses, which are the fastest defenses in college.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •