View Poll Results: Who will be the #1 scapegoat?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • DJ Williams

28 46.67%
  • Brandon Marshall

0 0%
  • Dre' Bly

9 15.00%
  • Daniel Graham

0 0%
  • Nick Ferguson

4 6.67%
  • Jarvis Moss

3 5.00%
  • Other- please specify

16 26.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Scapegoat

The D-line if they don't generate a pass-rush.

The O-line for not giving Cutler enough time.

The entire defensive front seven if our run defense sucks.

These seem like the most probable complaints to me if Denver struggles.

my votes bly

i think he will get a ton of balls thown his way and if we are talking about expectation (us fans) are going to expect him to be outstanding. the 1st time (heaven forbid) he gets burned for a big play and we lose the game i think the fans will cry bloody murder on him.

i dont look at the game this way but i just think he will become the biggest star or biggest bust on this team. this teams expectation towards the passing game shut down capabilities they have a ton of pressure on them to make it happen on the field. champ is ready, as we have seen before, but will bly step up to the plate as well.....

we shall all see soon enough

sig by B4B6..

You really should put Jay Cutler at the top of the list.

If the Broncos lose two straight and Cutler doesn't play well, we'll see threads talking about how we should start Ramsey, or even some suggesting we bring back Jake!

No, I mean it. Someone will suggest we were better off with Jake.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Just thought I let the creator of this thread know it's ESCAPEGOAT not scapecoat.

DJ is my pick. He's already out in front and I don't know if anyone can catch him.

other:

D line, and thus bates and his scheme...

its only a matter of time...

the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

It IS scapegoat. Definition 2 is what your looking for

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/scapegoat

I can't believe that the team has not even played a game, let alone lost one, and we're already looking for an "escapegoat".

Maybe, just maybe, the team will play ok. Maybe they won't, but maybe we should at least give them a chance before looking for someone to blame? Shouldn't we at least have something to blame the "escapegoat" for?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    It IS scapegoat. Definition 2 is what your looking for

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/scapegoat

I can't believe that the team has not even played a game, let alone lost one, and we're already looking for an "escapegoat".

Maybe, just maybe, the team will play ok. Maybe they won't, but maybe we should at least give them a chance before looking for someone to blame? Shouldn't we at least have something to blame the "escapegoat" for?!?
    Really?

I guess you don't remember Eddie Kennison's blast a couple years ago. It was before that game where Portis ran for like 220 and 5 TDs. I believe it was "The heavyweight belt" game.
    WR Eddie Kennison is still a tad steamed after being unceremoniously dropped by the Kaboodle Broncos two years ago. "That team is looking for an escape goat over there. When they lose, people need to held accountable. So what if I quit on my team? And next week, we're going to put them on their... posteriors."
    http://sharktankfootball.blogspot.co...1_archive.html

I'll send a CP to you. I didn't catch the reference.

I've seen worse posted on these boards and others.

Sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by anton... View Post
    other:

D line, and thus bates and his scheme...

its only a matter of time...

Exactly.......I was just thinking the same thing.

?????

I guess I don't understand this topic. Every player is going to make some mistakes, it's impossible to play an entire season without them. But this is a TEAM, and if a few players screw up it's up to the team to make up for it. I don't like the idea of trying to single out a player as a scapegoat before the regular season has even started.

I blame myself, always. Could I have done better on the game-day spread? Did I wear the right jersey? Did I rewind Brady swearing on national TV too much? Or the same with T. Bell letting out a huge farmer's blow?

"Ask not what gameday can do for you. Ask what you can do for gameday."

But it all hinges on the lines. Always has, always will.
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

I'm going to echo CSU Stat's post. (what's up scuba buddy?)

I voted other to include the line play on both sides of the ball.

If I count to 5 or six missippi while opposing QB's survey the field again this year, I'm going to pull an Elvis on my TV.

Jim Bates can coach defense. He's proven that with a number of teams, but he won't be able to turn water into wine.

If a young Cutler has to run for his life in every passing situation or we show no consistancy in the running game, we won't be winning many games against an outstanding AFC.
    Last edited by slick7; 08-24-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post

You took the words right off my keyboard.

So what happens if we go undefeated and win the Super Bowl like many believe we will?

*** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

i went with "other"-- i'm torn between leach and sauerbrun. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i went with "other"-- i'm torn between leach and sauerbrun. . .