Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    East of Arrowhead
    Posts
    12,879
    yea its all good if he can be a father that takes care of his kids and
    not just with money...thats not being a father all the way... but spending
    quality time with your kids is important...what a goof...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    1,503
    Should he have claimed to be the father of Anna Nicole's daughter?

    And we're done!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    502
    Something is not right when you father children from that many different women. Usually it has something to do with being ignorant and poor. Todays football players collectively are not known to be very bright.
    The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    1,427

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    East of Arrowhead
    Posts
    12,879
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglebronco View Post
    Something is not right when you father children from that many different women. Usually it has something to do with being ignorant and poor. Todays football players collectively are not known to be very bright.
    you said it all right here....

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Middle of Texas.
    Posts
    2,824
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    just found this on fox news.



    wow. where did he find time for football. but there's tons of dead beat dad's out there.

    story

    My brother pays child support; I'm a bit offended, to be honest. Just because they pay child support doesn't automatically make them a bad father. My brother works about every hour of the week and fits in as much time for his kid as possible.


    "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    East of Arrowhead
    Posts
    12,879
    Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    My brother pays child support; I'm a bit offended, to be honest. Just because they pay child support doesn't automatically make them a bad father. My brother works about every hour of the week and fits in as much time for his kid as possible.
    just because they pay child support doesn't make them a good
    father either and I wouldnt be offended as this isnt about your
    brother and I doubt your brother has 9 kids with 9 women and I
    doubt your brother had to be ordered to pay child support...

    big difference here...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Middle of Texas.
    Posts
    2,824
    I just found the connotations of the wording to be extremely negative and far too broad. It'd be the same as making a broad statement about Raider fans just off of one incident (hey, they spilled beer on me they all must be ____). There's no reason to associate people who pay child support as being dead beat. It's another form of stereotyping, IMO, and it was offending because it was such a broad generalization that included my brother who is the hardest working person I know.


    "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    East of Arrowhead
    Posts
    12,879
    Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    I just found the connotations of the wording to be extremely negative and far too broad. It'd be the same as making a broad statement about Raider fans just off of one incident (hey, they spilled beer on me they all must be ____). There's no reason to associate people who pay child support as being dead beat. It's another form of stereotyping, IMO, and it was offending because it was such a broad generalization that included my brother who is the hardest working person I know.
    Again....I think the issue here is that he was "ordered" to pay Child support.
    He wasn't doing it on his own.He knows he has these kids and he knows he is
    suppose to be paying and helping support them.

    My husband also paid child support for his 2 kids from a previous relationship and once he was ordered to...he did and his ex never had to take him to
    court.

    Again....this whole issue is about a man making more money than you and I...
    and having to be ordered to do what is right.Hence the term "dead beat dads".

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Monterey Park CA
    Posts
    32
    Big deal. Bottom line is it is a football player's personal life and we should leave that alone. There is nothing criminal about it. Why do people want to judge that way?
    [RIGHT][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/a5nl/cb7828fc.jpg[/IMG][/RIGHT]

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Posts
    1,192
    9 kids?????????? Get that s#$% snipped, son!!!!!!! WOW!!!!
    http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1...ftstrazwm7.jpg





    Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sienna Plantation
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    just found this on fox news.



    wow. where did he find time for football. but there's tons of dead beat dad's out there.

    story
    wow lol travis man keep ur tiger in its cage...
    BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •