Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    759
    i have 2 important things to say about the critisism i hear about him.

    1) people are saying he just completes dump off passes. Umm well it seams to work for the chargers because that all they do is dump off the LT and Gates and their leading reciever is a TE and they are a SB calibur team. He also did throw a couple passes down field to kellen winslow and joe jurivicious(even though he was OB it was still on the money). Whats wrong with that it doesnt matter how you get down field as long as you do it.

    2) people are sayign that he is doing it against the 2nd string. Pardon me but F that. They are all pros and bottom line is he has 5 TDs and 0 INTs in 2 games. he is not just passing on defenses, he is destroying them with ease. he is putting up Peyton like numbers while doing it. I dont care who you are, with all of the critisism he had against him with the holdout and stuff, he is provign he can do it with one single week of training camp under his belt. Wait till he has a full season and time to practice. If he is doing thes now, i cant wait to see what he will do down the road.

    Thats all i hope people find that insightful.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    8,044
    Lady Quinn has looked decent so far in the pre-season.
    its only pre-season but he's looked pretty good.
    He has thrown a bunch of short passes but he threw a few good ones today including one just off his recievers fingertips.

    I wonder if he will start this year at all?
    It all depends on if he chooses Heads or Tails. JK
    But it depends on how good Frye will do for them.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
    he has 5 TDs and 0 INTs in 2 games
    Really?

    Wow, silly me. Here I thought he was 20/31 for 266 3TDs and 0 interceptions

    BTW, I am right. He is 20/31 for 266 and 3TDs and 0INTs

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your dreams, crushing them!!!
    Posts
    15,020
    All this Quinn is a Stud talk is premature.

    CB will be the first to tell you, I am a huge BQ supporter(have been since the ND days), but to call him a stud after 2 preseason games, is akin to the fools who wanted to send Jay to the HOF.

    Yes his 3 TD's have been good, and he 'appears' stronger than Frye or Anderson, but give it a rest. He's showing the managment that he is worth the faith they have in him to be a quality franchise player.

    EDIT: His new haircut sucks.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

    I have been adopted by Chris Wade


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    EDIT: His new haircut sucks.
    I'm sure Joe Theismann is happy. After all his old one looked so "unprofessional"


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your dreams, crushing them!!!
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I'm sure Joe Theismann is happy. After all his old one looked so "unprofessional"

    Well he did get a cut after that statement, but now he looks like an extra in Prison Break.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

    I have been adopted by Chris Wade


  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Well he did get a cut after that statement, but now he looks like an extra in Prison Break.
    He's got the bad boy look,i know you have to love it Kap

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliminatrix View Post
    why did Brady Quinn fall to #22 in the draft?
    He has played stellar in the preseason and has done nothing but work hard.
    Because no one needed a QB except Miami who we all know are retarded. Browns took a gamble and it may pay off in the future.. only time will tell.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your dreams, crushing them!!!
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    He's got the bad boy look,i know you have to love it Kap
    But he doesn't have a bad boy look.

    And I so do not love it.

    He had good hair, why chop it off? Did he lose a bet?

    The sponsors are thinking, 'We signed a hot guy! This is not hot, it's weird!'
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

    I have been adopted by Chris Wade


  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    8,044
    Who cares if hes good or bad.
    The bottom line is that he is one sexy man. just playin.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Serenity
    Posts
    12,100
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he completed all of one pass that wasn't a dump-off and now he's a stud?
    That's what I was wondering. Quinn might be a stud QB but you can't tell one way or another from his bevy of dump-off passes in his first two games. That vast majority of QBs in this league can throw short passes very well.

    Quinn has yet to really show his stuff with all of his dump-offs, especially considering it's only preseason.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    But he doesn't have a bad boy look.

    And I so do not love it.

    He had good hair, why chop it off? Did he lose a bet?

    The sponsors are thinking, 'We signed a hot guy! This is not hot, it's weird!'
    The defense held him down and shaved his head. I'm telling you all right now. Brady Quinn is for real. They said he had accuracy issues before the draft, but he's throwing one excellent pass after another right now. He plays with confidence, and his thought process in the pocket has been impeccable for a rookie who held out for as long as he did. The Browns are showing more promise now then they ever have since coming back to Cleveland.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Quinn might be a stud QB but you can't tell one way or another from his bevy of dump-off passes in his first two games. That vast majority of QBs in this league can throw short passes very well.

    Quinn has yet to really show his stuff with all of his dump-offs, especially considering it's only preseason.
    Take his first touch down pass for example. They ran slants from around the ten yard line. He read left, middle, and nobody was open. The left defensive end used an inside move, and he immediately rolled out right, bought himself time, and thew a nice pass on the run for a touchdown. That's not bad for a guys first start.

    How about that thow into the zone gap over the middle against the Broncos. Very decisive, and he threw it nice and high, so Winslow was could rise up and give the line backer no chance on the play. He's thowing some nice passes out there so far.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    315
    i don't know if he is going to be great or not. maybe but it doesn't matter. Miami had a chance to draft a franchise qb who has the potential to be great and they chose ted ginn jr. is the GM a drunk?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Take his first touch down pass for example. They ran slants from around the ten yard line. He read left, middle, and nobody was open. The left defensive end used an inside move, and he immediately rolled out right, bought himself time, and thew a nice pass on the run for a touchdown. That's not bad for a guys first start.

    How about that thow into the zone gap over the middle against the Broncos. Very decisive, and he threw it nice and high, so Winslow was could rise up and give the line backer no chance on the play. He's thowing some nice passes out there so far.
    I agree.

    I don't get how people choose to remember the dump-offs, yet don't mention anything about the tough, accurate ones. The TD pass attempt that lobbed over the defense to a small corner of the left part of the endzone was perfect; would've been a TD if the receiver dragged his feet. He throws with a lot of confidence, and hasn't made a really big mistake yet.

    WINS: @Buffalo, Oakland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, @Detroit, Tennessee, @Chicago, @Oakland, Kansas City, @Houston, Minnesota

    LOSSES: @Indianapolis, @Kansas City, @San Diego

    2007-08 Forecast: 13-3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •