View Poll Results: What will be the Broncos' final record for 2007?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16 - 0

11 5.95%
  • 15 - 1

0 0%
  • 14 - 2

4 2.16%
  • 13 - 3

8 4.32%
  • 12 - 4

36 19.46%
  • 11 - 5

54 29.19%
  • 10 - 6

38 20.54%
  • 9 - 7

21 11.35%
  • 8 - 8

7 3.78%
  • 7 - 9

2 1.08%
  • 6 - 10 or worse

4 2.16%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Probably 4-12, perhaps 6-10.

We would be in range to grab Kenny Phillips then.
    Last edited by Max Power; 08-26-2007 at 02:59 PM.

unless our D Line stops getting owned, im going to say 8-8 or 9-7

1 9-Sep DEN @ BUF W - We are the better team and we will be pumped up for it. We are going to start with a bang.

2 16-Sep OAK @ DEN W - Oaklands offense to be destroyed by Denver in this game. Culpepper and LaMont Jordan wont stand a chance.

3 23-Sep JAC @ DEN W - Jacksonville don't have the offensive weapons to beat us.

4 30-Sep DEN @ IND W - Watch us sneak a win here. I can see it being 5:00 left go in the 4th. Peyton has the ball and our defense stops the Colts. Elam goes on to kick game winning field goal. It will be a high scoring game.

5 7-Oct SD @ DEN L - I think Champ and Bly can stop Peyton but I don't think our D-line will stop LT.

y6 Bye

7 21-Oct PIT @ DEN L - I think Mike Tomlin is a great coach, with us still abit down from losing to SD I think the Steelers will just manage to take this game.

8 29-Oct GB @ DEN W - Old man Farve is going down.

9 4-Nov DEN @ DET W - We will stop their running game and Kitna can't be consistent for a whole game.

10 11-Nov DEN @ KC - W Not a chance with Huard at QB.

11 19-Nov TEN @ DEN - W
    We are the better team and we will be carrying the momentum. Cutler proves he is the better quarterback.

12 25-Nov DEN @ CHI L - Our offense will do alright but our defense will struggle against the run

13 2-Dec DEN @ OAK W
    - Oakland will have found themselves abit more around this time of the season, we will still win though.

14 9-Dec KC @ DEN W - Again not a chance with Huard at QB.

15 13-Dec DEN @ HOU L - There's nearly always a shock loss in the season and I think this will be it. Houston have got the weapons to just sneak one past us.

16 24-Dec DEN @ SD W - We will be pumped up and will gain revenge for what was done to us earlier in the year

17 30-Dec MIN @ DEN W - Our team will be encouraged because they will be in the playoffs. Easy win.

12-4

How about a magic trick?

Probably 4-12, perhaps 6-10.
    JR, is that you?

Obviously you can only feel what you feel but that seems overly pessimistic from you. So you don't just think we're average but you think we're going to be downright bad? You don't even think the team will start off bumpy but then get better as the season progresses?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    JR, is that you?

Obviously you can only feel what you feel but that seems overly pessimistic from you. So you don't just think we're average but you think we're going to be downright bad? You don't even think the team will start off bumpy but then get better as the season progresses?
    On the bright side, he has us in the Darren McFadden sweepstakes.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

JR, is that you?

I think he was being sarcastic.

How about a magic trick?

JR, is that you?

Ironically, JR was right on his prediction last year regardless of being pessimistic which I'm not sure about this team either. We'll find out against BUFF and OAK what kind of team we have though never underestimate any NFL team but BUFF and OAK aren't elites either.

JR, is that you?

Well, it was a sarcastic response, but I think we're not that far out from that "6 and 10" window. If we cannot do well at home in the first half of our schedule, we're in trouble when we go on the road for 6 of the last 9 games. (I believe.)

I would not be surprised to see a 7-9 season here for the Broncos. If the team plays like it has through the pre-season (I assume they'll get better) we won't be competing at all. There are a dozen teams who needed work last year who look better than us in the pre-season, and the AFC and our conference in general is pretty stark. I think we'll be fine offensively, but if our defense continues to allow such offensive production to happen via the passing game, we're in a world of hurt.

I'd expect a lot of growing pains for the Broncos this season. A lot of new people starting, a lot of younger players expected to fill big roles - and where some may think the chemistry can come easy, I think through three pre-season games it's obvious that the chemistry in some areas is really sill lacking.

When it comes to predictions, it's hard to put your finger on it. At times it looks like we could be a playoff ball club, but there are other times were we really, really look like we could be in the bottom ten teams in the league.

The optimist in me sees that when the games truly do matter, our guys will bring their A game. When Henry, Lepsis, Hamilton and a few other players on both sides of the ball get back to solid health, we'll be a completely different team than we've seen the past few weeks.

I'm not trying to be all "doom and gloom" because I don't think that if we finished 8-8 or 9-7 that it'd be "extremely disappointing" from a fans perspective. When we all take a look down the roster, as I mentioned - we have a lot of young players expecting to contribute in a big way for the first full-season ever, and that's a lot of pressure.

There's always so much ambiguity when we talk expectations and predictions for the team, but I've seen nothing besides a few drives in the pre-season that would show we're a playoff caliber team. I think that instead of starting off strong and finishing bad, we'll just keep changing our beat from weak to weak. A win a loss, a win a loss. . .

So my prediction is. . . a second straight year out of the playoffs, but a season that shows promise especially from our young players.
    Growing pains are expected, but it'll be nice that guys like Cutler, Marshall, Moss, Dumervil, Thomas and Crowder get to see the field and realize what it's like to play all season on Sunday's.

I think this will be that year that leads us into something brighter. It's a transition period for the Broncos, and unless the defense gets in a fix really fast - there is a great deal of cause for concern. I don't have an official record, but 8-8 or 9-7 seems apt given the current circumstances.

Too many new players, new coaches and scheme changes for me to lead to believe that we can simply get things going from the get go. However, maybe that's me just being pessimistic, but I haven't seen anything thus far that makes me think otherwise.

I wouldn't consider a season as such to be a failure given the myriad of new components we've added to this roster. Around half of the team's starters are experiencing their first amounts of significant time, or are starting for the first time at their (new) respective positions. Talk about a flux.

Sorry if I brought the mood down.

Well, it was a sarcastic response, but I think we're not that far out from that "6 and 10" window. If we cannot do well at home in the first half of our schedule, we're in trouble when we go on the road for 6 of the last 9 games. (I believe.)
    Okay, apparently others sensed your sarcasm and I just missed it. My bad.

I would not be surprised to see a 7-9 season here for the Broncos. If the team plays like it has through the pre-season (I assume they'll get better) we won't be competing at all. There are a dozen teams who needed work last year who look better than us in the pre-season, and the AFC and our conference in general is pretty stark. I think we'll be fine offensively, but if our defense continues to allow such offensive production to happen via the passing game, we're in a world of hurt.

I'd expect a lot of growing pains for the Broncos this season. A lot of new people starting, a lot of younger players expected to fill big roles - and where some may think the chemistry can come easy, I think through three pre-season games it's obvious that the chemistry in some areas is really sill lacking.

When it comes to predictions, it's hard to put your finger on it. At times it looks like we could be a playoff ball club, but there are other times were we really, really look like we could be in the bottom ten teams in the league.

The optimist in me sees that when the games truly do matter, our guys will bring their A game. When Henry, Lepsis, Hamilton and a few other players on both sides of the ball get back to solid health, we'll be a completely different team than we've seen the past few weeks.

I'm not trying to be all "doom and gloom" because I don't think that if we finished 8-8 or 9-7 that it'd be "extremely disappointing" from a fans perspective. When we all take a look down the roster, as I mentioned - we have a lot of young players expecting to contribute in a big way for the first full-season ever, and that's a lot of pressure.

There's always so much ambiguity when we talk expectations and predictions for the team, but I've seen nothing besides a few drives in the pre-season that would show we're a playoff caliber team. I think that instead of starting off strong and finishing bad, we'll just keep changing our beat from weak to weak. A win a loss, a win a loss. . .

So my prediction is. . . a second straight year out of the playoffs, but a season that shows promise especially from our young players.
    Growing pains are expected, but it'll be nice that guys like Cutler, Marshall, Moss, Dumervil, Thomas and Crowder get to see the field and realize what it's like to play all season on Sunday's.

I think this will be that year that leads us into something brighter. It's a transition period for the Broncos, and unless the defense gets in a fix really fast - there is a great deal of cause for concern. I don't have an official record, but 8-8 or 9-7 seems apt given the current circumstances.

Too many new players, new coaches and scheme changes for me to lead to believe that we can simply get things going from the get go. However, maybe that's me just being pessimistic, but I haven't seen anything thus far that makes me think otherwise.

I wouldn't consider a season as such to be a failure given the myriad of new components we've added to this roster. Around half of the team's starters are experiencing their first amounts of significant time, or are starting for the first time at their (new) respective positions. Talk about a flux.

Sorry if I brought the mood down.
    While still not cheery that does at least have a silver lining frame of mind.

My biggest concerns for the team rest with both lines.

I believe the offensive line will get back to form when everyone is healthy and will eventually be better than last year's line. But getting and staying healthy is the key. If the O-line is back on track, so too should be our entire offense.

The defensive line is what concerns me the most. I see the potential with guys like Moss, Crowder, Dumervil and Thomas. But potential doesn't mean a thing until it's fulfilled. We need big results in a hurry from most, if not all, of those young guys. I hate depending on the emergence of players because we have no idea when, or even if, they will become what we need them to be.

But I'm staying optimistic and will believe that at least 2 of those 4 guys will play big this year. And if 3 or all 4 emerge, I think we're in for a good season.

And nobody will bring down my hopes until / unless I see them squashed on the football field.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

While still not cheery that does at least have a silver lining frame of mind.

My biggest concerns for the team rest with both lines.

I believe the offensive line will get back to form when everyone is healthy and will eventually be better than last year's line. But getting and staying healthy is the key. If the O-line is back on track, so too should be our entire offense.
    At the risk of derailing your thread, I have to say that I am also concerned with both lines. I think the D-line can come around with some time on the field for the young guys, but I am concerned about the O-line. It is still undersized and Cutler is not as mobile as Jake. He can move, and is not Manning back there, but it has been obvious that he is more likely to be run down by fast ends than Jake was.

There is no doubt in my mind that Cutler is a much more gifted athlete and will ultimately be a better QB, but he might struggle dealing with our line not being able to maintain a pocket for him to throw from.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    15-1 with a loss to the lions
    How the hell did you know??
    I think I have posted it here though but yea 15-1 and losing to the Lions is what I predicted.

Subject to change. I'll do a week by week in a week.

10-6, we're good but not great. I think losing Al Wilson will hurt but it wont keep us out of the playoffs.

i dont see us winning the division. i see us catching the wildcard with a 10-6 record. once we get into the playoffs i see us getting really hot like pit did a couple of years ago....so anything is possible at that point.

but i do think we'll get into the playoffs...but trying not be a homer i'll say san diego wins the division.

There are two reasons I say 19-0. The passings of Darrent and Damien and all the talent we have. Darrent and Damien are the forces that drive us this season. All I have to say now is... ALL READY
    LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE...

R.I.P. HEATH LEDGER (1979-2008)

9-7

the running game should return with a vengeance this year and keep us competitive, and i think the weapons are in place for the passing game to gather steam as the year goes on. . . but we're already dinged up, and more alarmingly, the defensive front seven looks like garbage-- and unfortunately, i'm not entirely convinced that we have the talent in place to fix it, especially at DT. . . for us to exceed that record and make the playoffs, i think either cutler will have to play at an unexpectedly high level right out of the gate, or some of the youngsters on the D-line will really have to step up. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!